• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom - Adding Half-Ghost Physiology

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Another thing that should have been done a long time ago. Currently, we have a Ghost Physiology (Danny Phantom) that shows the standard/common powers and abilities of a ghost. However, it lacks the standard abilities of what a half ghost would have in human form despite a statement in verse along with showings that prove they have similar abilities.

In the episode "Splitting Images" Poindexter states that everyone in the Ghost Zone has heard of Danny Phantom and that he has all their powers on the human plane. Now, given we don't know where the line is drawn at, for example, does Danny have his ghost half's abstract existence? because we know Danny can be physically harmed by real world objects so there are abilities half ghosts don't have. So I updated the Ghost Physiology blog/sandbox with the addition of a half ghost tabber (top of the page )that includes all the abilities half ghosts have shown, with a note that mentions it only contains abilities they've shown in human form.

There are five half ghosts in the series and since it's connected to Ghost Physiology, it should meet the criteria for being acceptable. Everything mentioned is already accepted on the profiles too, I'm just doing this to get it checked before applying it.

So, thoughts?

Agree: 6 (Eseseso, BlastX, Aolphl, Propellus, DarkDragonMedeus, E6pire,

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
Looks good!

Question, shouldn't ghosts (and maybe halfas) resist Concept Manipulation Type 1 due to taking hits from Ectoplasmic energy which is a type 1 concept?

Looks good!

Question, shouldn't ghosts (and maybe halfas) resist Concept Manipulation Type 1 due to taking hits from Ectoplasmic energy which is a type 1 concept?
That's actually something I forgot to add. Since we accept it as something that can interact with and harm ghosts true selves then yes, they'd all have resistance to it but I never got around to doing it and just forgot to update the resistances when I applied Conceptual type 1 stuff before. I'll add it when able.

Edit: Done

Last edited:
Well, maybe for Half are AE type 2, unlike full Ghost who are type 1
Well type 2 has a requirement that mentions they can regenerate/resurrect indefinitely from the abstract concept they embody. Currently, I don't think that's been shown or stated for half ghosts. I'd half to look more into it.

I'm a bit confused, will Half Ghosts not actually retain most of the abilities that regular ghosts has to offer including AE and Conceptual stuff?

I'm a bit confused, will Half Ghosts not actually retain most of the abilities that regular ghosts has to offer including AE and Conceptual stuff?
In Ghost Form, yes. That's why the Transform ability listed mentions that they gain all the standard powers and abilities of a full ghost. The half ghost tabber is mentioning what they have in human form, not ghost form, which is why you don't see abstract existence because Danny Fenton isn't an non-corporeal abstract like Danny Phantom.

Biological Manipulation, Mind, Soul and Conceptual (Type 1) Attacks: Ghosts can survive attacks from other ghosts that can effect other ghosts, said energy effects the body on a molecular level and can vaporize objects, as well as harm ghosts, which are abstract emotions.

Biological Manipulation, Mind, Soul and Conceptual (Type 1) Attacks: Half ghosts like Danny and Vlad, have survived being hit by a large amount of ectoplasmic energy from ghost portals, said energy effects the body on a molecular level and can vaporize objects, as well as harm ghosts, which are abstract emotions.
If these resistances are based purely on the fact that Ghosts are not affected by each other's attacks (which are based on type 1 conceptual energy), then I disagree because for damaging conceptual beings with conceptual attacks isn't a conceptual manipulation first place if it doesn't change the concept of the conceptual entity or destroy the concept it embodies.

To give an example similar to the case here, if character A, which is the concept of darkness itself, is not harmed by an attack by manipulating the concept of darkness, do you think this is resistance to conceptual manipulation? Or does character A's durability higher than the attack potancy of the attack in question?

Last edited:
If these resistances are based purely on the fact that Ghosts are not affected by each other's attacks (which are based on type 1 conceptual energy), then I disagree because for damaging conceptual beings with conceptual attacks isn't a conceptual manipulation first place if it doesn't change the concept of the conceptual entity or destroy the concept it embodies.

To give an example similar to the case here, if character A, which is the concept of darkness itself, is not harmed by an attack by manipulating the concept of darkness, do you think this is resistance to conceptual manipulation? Or does character A's durability higher than the attack potancy of the attack in question?
It isn't about durability considering those resistances are the side effects of the attack not the attack itself. For example Skulker and the other ghosts that blasted Danny intended to kill him, but instead of destroying him like their attacks normally do, his body was altered, despite said same attacks vaporizing objects on a molecular level. They aren't simply just taking the attack, their surviving the effects of the attack.

Last edited:
The attack isn't about durability considering those are side effects. For example Skulker and the other ghosts that blasted Danny intended to kill him, but instead of destroying him like their attacks normally do, his body was altered, despite said same attacks vaporizing objects on a molecular level. They aren't simply just taking the attack, their surviving the effects of the attack.
If the ghosts are not affected by the side effects in question, they should have resistance, depending on the working logic of the side effects, yes, but a concept-object relationship is essential for conceptual manipulation, so if the object of the concept is not affected as a result of the concept being affected, this is not conceptual manipulation. My question is this: If ghosts are a type 1 concept, what happens to their objects, the humans emotion's they embody, when they die/harmed/affected any change?

My question is this: If ghosts are a type 1 concept, what happens to their objects, the humans emotion's they embody, when they die/harmed/affected any change?
Ghosts are the type 1 concept of emotions, when that gets affected, their entire being gets affected as mentioned and accepted on the current ghost physiology page, losing their power, personality and shape and so on. The energy from one ghost can corrupt and mess with another, changing them into something else entirely (Danny and Vlad changing into Dan for example) which is something that could only be achieved by affecting their true self (the concept). So the fact that they can withstand hits from each others energy without change, despite it interacting with their concept would suggest they have some form of resistance otherwise they'd always be changing.

Alright, I'm gonna apply the addition to the page now and close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back