• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Characters scaled from Katana and Spider-Man need to have their statistics revised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huesito, I am more than happy to evaluate the calculations you have posted. However, could you please paste them into a blog first to just make it easier on the rest of us? We would rather not be linking to a thread for every character.

Evaluated them. Long story short, 1 and 5 were ok, 2, 3 and 4 were all unacceptable due to the inverse square law/the wrong formula/both

Should we start to rescale the Batman level DC Comics characters from the accepted calculations then?

Only the ones currently scaled to Katana or Batman as far as I am aware.

Thank you very much for the help. Please remember that the tier categories at the bottom of the pages need to be updated as well.

Also, you can write a list of the exact titles of all the pages that I need to unlock for you.

Crimson Azoth said:
Evaluated them. Long story short, 1 and 5 were ok, 2, 3 and 4 were all unacceptable due to the inverse square law/the wrong formula/both
2. Fair enough

3. Sure

4. You said that one was fine

Huesito88 said:
Crimson Azoth said:
2. Fair enough
3. Sure

4. You said that one was fine
I agree that only (2) (3) contain errors. (1), (4) and (5) look fine (despite yield from (4) is quite "encouraging")

I still think Marvel 8-As should be discussed at the very least. All of them are currently scaling from Deadpool, Wolverine and Captain America.

Problem with these are that Captain America's calc isn't accepted and both Wolverine's and Deadpool's feats are durability feats, as well as gag feats, both from characters able to regenerate, and probably the most inconsistent of the bunch (We literally had to assume adamantium has dura negation to make any sense of Wolvie's power level). All of these characters are definitely below Spidey's level by a longshot, and are potrayed to be closer to the Punisher, Kingpin and Daredevil's level.

I know this is adding to the workload, but I think it's an important enough topic

Captain America (It is accepted)

Deadpool His blog of feats plus 1 more

Black Panther 1

Archangel 1 Amazingly it's already in his profile, but you would never guess it

Wolverine His feat plus another 1 I found

Cable has actually 3, heck he has two unquantifiable supporting feats because there's nothing to scale from, in creating giant explosions visible from hills and cutting entire sea cliffs from the top of it's height to where is touches the water with his weapons.

Black Knight 1 and a unquantifiable supporting feat that can only be B or higher

Captain America one wasn't because it isn't clear how much of the effect of the explosion was absorbed by his shield.

Thank you, I reckon then those calculations should be used to scale then, instead of the previous ones, since they are of slightly questionable nature

Logically that would be correct, but logic rarely applies to that shield; "That Shield does not obey the laws of physics at all" As some kid once said.

Looking at the feat in question it doesn't even seem to get past his shield at first (on the first page): https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Darkanine/Marvel:_Captain_America_Tanks_Something

Of course the second page is where the crater appears "less than a minute later" but, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that not a large rock sitting behind Cap in that top panel? Seems the blast ricocheted off Caps sheild enough to protect that rock and therefore most of his body, as he states so himself: "You're a Fool, Superia! The force of your blast ricocheted off my shield and struck your precious Invisible Barrier!"

Granted I'm sure he took a very small portion of the blasts heat considering a good amount of his clothes is scatered off but that seems to be worst of it.

SuperAPM said:
Logically that would be correct, but logic rarely applies to that shield; "That Shield does not obey the laws of physics at all" As some kid once said.
Looking at the feat in question it doesn't even seem to get past his shield at first (on the first page): https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Darkanine/Marvel:_Captain_America_Tanks_Something

Of course the second page is where the crater appears "less than a minute later" but, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that not a large rock sitting behind Cap in that top panel? Seems the blast ricocheted off Caps sheild enough to protect that rock and therefore most of his body, as he states so himself: "You're a Fool, Superia! The force of your blast ricocheted off my shield and struck your precious Invisible Barrier!"

Granted I'm sure he took a very small portion of the blasts heat considering a good amount of his clothes is scatered off but that seems to be worst of it.
Matt concluded that as a result Cap would scale to about half of it.

Captain America's Shield is not the Ebony Blade where it completely absorbs and reflects all attacks, which the sword itself actually legit breaks physics being Magic and being made from a piece of the Big Bang itself. It was agreed a while back that even Sam Wilson with his Vibranium wings would still receive atleast 50 percent of the damage from a city destroying bomb dispite the comic suggesting the wings absorbed most of the damage. Which is what Matt agreed with the Cap feat being 50 precent.

I personally think that the feat being considered for pulverization is just hiding the outlier, the high end that would make Cap 7-C is just as likely given the crater is glowing white.

Calcs that are lowballed just to be consistent are a no-no as well.

From what I've seen, we just need the attack to be produce signs of heat for vaporization to be assumed, and glowing white/orange coloration is a telltale sign of heat.

Ah here is one of the comments, apparently Batman has dodged lightning before could be a outliner though.

"For Katana's speed feat, I'm pretty sure even the speed was exaggerated based on the input from a couple Calc Group members. Batman does have plenty of 9-A feats for sure; punching harder than a rocket launcher as the one Matt mentioned sounds like 9-A. Not sure about 8-C, but there is a notable common error with surviving big explosions that not everyone scales to the full impact. Someone did mention lightning dodging feats, which could save the Massively Hypersonic ratings."

It could be an outlier if we don't find more scans of Batman dodging lightning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back