• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Character Versus Approval Evaluation Thread Idea

Propellus

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Image Helper
Bronze Supporter
This could help out a lot if people make accidental stomp threads and this could mostly prevent that. So basically if you do have an interesting character battle in mind, but you're clearly unsure if it's a clear stomp or not, but you can ask there, which is why this thread should be established. So basically if you ask if the said possible match is a stomp, people should go into detail for why exactly it would be a stomp or if not. So that you don't need to go to a staff's wall everytime and ask them if the said possible match is a stomp. Sometimes some haxes could be hard to spot onto the profiles due to the fact that there could be too many powers and abilities because it can get confusing overtime.

Last edited:
Yea this is actually good, I'd been thinking about some hxh vs kny debates but I'm a bit unsure of how the fear hax and aura of hxh interact with other verses.

Wait... I know an entire verse that resists all that! It's even layered!

Wait... I know an entire verse that resists all that! It's even layered!
Looking at it, they aren't strong enough for top tiers in hxh or fast enough but it seems like a cool verse regardless

The idea seems uncontroversial to add, but this thread was placed in the wrong sub-forum. It is about a policy suggestion, so I moved it to our staff sub-forum.

I would appreciate some more staff input here.

Is somebody here willing to write a draft text for the first post of the new wiki management forum thread?

Probably worth noting that linking the profiles should be a requirement, even if it goes without saying.

I agree it could be useful, but if a verse expert explains the battle in said thread wouldn't that defeat the purpose of discussion in the actual versus battle thread?

Anyone think Makima vs Chrollo is a good match? I've been thinking about it and so far the main issues are ap difference and Makimas immortality but considering Chrollos intelligence and hax I don't think he'd have no way of dealing with her somehow.

That's an interesting matchup

I think most matches with Makima end up as incon or a win in her favor due to her hax, in this case I'm not sure what Chrollo can do, maybe the ol' nen crush idk

Anyone think Makima vs Chrollo is a good match? I've been thinking about it and so far the main issues are ap difference and Makimas immortality but considering Chrollos intelligence and hax I don't think he'd have no way of dealing with her somehow.
Whoa, that be jumping the gun a bit too early, ain't it?

I guess this thread could possibly be a positive. Usually, I saw stomps threads happen for such cases because the character's powers that could make the battle a stomp have little to no justifications on the profiles but get shown later in vs threads. I think that a positive is that the powers' justifications could be improved significantly, especially with evidence like scans.

Is somebody here willing to write a draft text for the first post of the new wiki management forum thread?
Since it seems like this suggestion has mostly been accepted, help with this would be appreciated.

"If you are not sure on whether a match between two profiles is okay to create a vs match on, in this thread you can post your idea to get opinions from other people. Please make sure that you link the two profiles in question, and add any relevant detail to let other people know any details that might be needed (Keys used, if speed is equalised, location of the battle etc).

Here is an example of how your post should look like:

General Grievous vs Raiden with speed equalised, Disney Canon Grievous and MGS4 keys used."

Back