• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chara vs Giratina

Last thing I wanna do is play the "FRA" game, but... Jesus. I've read through this thread for the past ten minutes and I can't say anything that hasn't already been argued or brought up.

Chara FRA.

Efficient eficiente efficiently types a comment saying that he is not eficient or efficiente

Epsilon R said:
Seems like this match is either inconclusive or a win for Giratina.

Inconclusive?
There is literally zero reasons for Giratina

Zero

He can't interact or hit Chara, or affect him

Epsilon R said:
Seems like this match is either inconclusive or a win for Giratina.

Inconclusive?
This thread has dragged on for quite some elongated time because one side got gassed up more than the other side to the point where there was a separate thread for the former. At this point, in my opinion, I'd close the thread and call it inconclusive or a win for Giratina, preferably the former at this point.

Zero

Why?

I already said why

Giratina can't even interact with him

@Dragon Why would Giratina win when there are zero reasons he does?

AP and interacting with Dialga and Palkia Wait, if they can interact with each other, why don't these guys have Concept manip?

Zero

Why?

I already said why

Why isn't this a STOMP, then? If Giratina supposedly can't do anything or even touch Chara, then by Versus Thread rules, the matchup is automatically a Stomp, cause one particular side can't do anything to the other.

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhheeeelllpp. That's unfortunate, I guess. This kind of situation isn't too unfamiliar to me when my GS vs Violet Evergarden thread was closed as a Stomp despite them being 9B, due to former having far more AP and thus being mostly "untouchable" to the latter.

Schnee One said:
I already said why

If you forgot which is very normal in Pokémon Multiverse the fact that normal as Togekiss, Typhlosion and others Pokémon can touch and harm non-physical beings like Gengar, Haunter and Ghastly, and Giratina is capable of touch Chara, that is, at least research before you say anything

Looked up Chara's profile again, and here's what I saw in Durability:

"(Completely unaffected by their own destruction of the game, Exists as an abstract concept that will be brought back as long as someone with enough Determination exists), likely much higher (Ability to SAVE and LOAD makes them extremely difficult to destroy even in physical form. In their true form, Chara exists as an abstract concept capable of manifesting no matter what as long as someone experiences the drive, will, and feelings they embody, thus making them nearly impossible to actually destroy or get rid of)."

"As long as"?

I thought this was 1 v 1. Or does Determination and SOUL apply to Giratina as well? Even though it's an existence not from the Undertales verse? I don't remember if this was mentioned already, but SOULs and Determination are mentioned to be applied to humans and monsters from the verse. According to the Undertales wiki (which I may admit, might not be 100% accurate), monsters in the Undertales verse are weaker than humans because they're mostly made of magic. I can't imagine Giratina being treated as a normal Monster, or even a normal entity, if it enters the Underground. Also, idk about how a SOUL from an entity existing on a near conceptual level would be handled the same way.

He has no DT.

That does not matter for chara's immortality because frisk is around, and the dude is pretty hard to kill.

And let's not even talk about The Anomaly.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Yep. Chara has this nice thing about taking control over people and all.
and I thought this was supposed to be a fair 1 v 1 with no one else involved....RIP

yea, more reason for me to believe this thread shouldn't drag on any further. Apparently, Chara can never be included in a match without a third party involved, even with SBA.

I'm still completely against Chara being an abstract idea. Hell, if we wanna get to "Giratina can't affect abstracts", neither can Chara. Giratina's an abstract too.

Back