• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chara vs Giratina

How? I don't remember in the games nothing implying that damage in the real world damages the distortion world.

No, tge other way around. I remember stuff the distorsion word being damaged cause so giant ice to break or something.

Giratina destroyed the bubbles in the distortion world to attack Dialga in the real world, but that is something of a single direction, Dialga cannot attack Giratina destroying things in the real world, also the damage in the Unown dimension and the pocket reality of Palkia didn't destroy anything in the distortion world, only generated toxic clouds that are product of the reparations of the Unown Dimension.

Also Cyrus' statements in the games make it clear that this isn't the case.

NeoZex6399 said:
Giratina destroyed the bubbles in the distortion world to attack Dialga in the real world, but that is something of a single direction, Dialga cannot attack Giratina destroying things in the real world, also the damage in the Unown dimension and the pocket reality of Palkia didn't destroy anything in the distortion world, only generated toxic clouds that are product of the reparations of the Unown Dimension.

Also Cyrus' statements in the games make it clear that this isn't the case.
You havent shown a single instance of the Real World passively repairing the distortion world.

The distortion world is Giratina himself so of course it would intercede to repair any kind of inbalance.

Even if real world was repairing distortion world, Chara could easily destroy both, considering how connected they are, so the repairing is irrelevant. I have yet to see propper proof that Giratina could in any way stop Chara from atacking, be it BFR or destruction, so I vote Chara.

Except Chara can't. The gap between Chara and Giratina is massive, and Chara isn't conceptual enough that Giratina can't just pin Chara under him for a week. Massive exaggeration, but you get the deal.

I don't think anyone has shown any way for Giratina to reliably win against some kind of idea-based being without a physical form aside from "Giratina is stronger".

Giratina is probably stronger, yeah.

It also lacks regen, immortality that isn't based on a world which can just be destroyed, and proper means of actually killing Chara, instead being forced to rely on BFR, which is unreliable at best and detrimental at worst if the distortion world ends up getting nuked.

That's very far from having a better win-con than Chara's "hit Giratina until it's dead, which it can't regen from".

I don't think anyone has shown any way for Giratina to reliably win against some kind of idea-based being without a physical form aside from "Giratina is stronger".

Beats down it's siblings, is also an idea based being without a physical form, etc.

It also lacks regen, immortality that isn't based on a world which can just be destroyed, and proper means of actually killing Chara, instead being forced to rely on BFR, which is unreliable at best and detrimental at worst if the distortion world ends up getting nuked.

Azzy, my dude, this is what you're not getting. If Samurai Jack was completely immortal, could he hit Goku until he was dead? No. Because the gap is too much. Chara literally can't destroy the Distortion World. It's too big.

That's very far from having a better win-con than Chara's "hit Giratina until it's dead, which it can't regen from".

Again, above. Even if Chara could hurt Giratina, which they can't, natural healing over time is a thing. </div>

chara : 6 (ricsi, skell, schnee one, The Wright Way, Szmmit, Edward)

giratina : 6 (Drago, Arceus0x, Glaceon, Enryu, Epsilon, Cal)

Inconclusive :0

Epsilon R said:
chara : 6 (ricsi, skell, schnee one, The Wright Way, Szmmit, Edward) giratina : 6 (Drago, Arceus0x, Glaceon, Enryu, Epsilon, Cal)

Inconclusive :0
just wait and see if anyone wants to change their vote after a few more discussions.

@The real cal howard

pretty much nailed it there.

Giratina's points seem better to me, but I would prefer that Cal and Azzy continue discussing instead of jumping into a vote.

The real cal howard said:
Beats down it's siblings, is also an idea based being without a physical form, etc.

Azzy, my dude, this is what you're not getting. If Samurai Jack was completely immortal, could he hit Goku until he was dead? No. Because the gap is too much. Chara literally can't destroy the Distortion World. It's too big.

Again, above. Even if Chara could hurt Giratina, which they can't, natural healing over time is a thing.
Let's address this. No, Giratina has never beat down an idea without a physical form. Every single fight between members of the Creation Trio in the franchise, be it anime, manga, or games, has been between their physical forms. If there is an instance I'm not remembering, then please show me, but I don't ever recall the abstract selves of the Creation Trio doing battle.

Second, the gap between Giratina and Chara is being blown way the hell out of proportion. The sheer power Giratina is assumed to have is coming from fan theory that makes its "countless" seem way higher than it is, but it is countless all the same. There is zero quantifiable difference between the power levels of these two aside from "one is probably stronger than the other". That isn't even remotely the case for Samurai Jack and Goku. I invite you to check the Attack Potency page and look at the actual, quantifiable difference between Large Building level and baseline Universe level. Now please show me the quantifiable difference between Chara and Giratina that mirrors this, because I'm pretty sure we don't have one. Also, "It's too big"? Where is the Distortion World ever shown to be bigger than the size of a multiverse?

"Even if Chara could hurt Giratina, which they can't"

I don't think "Giratina 2 stronk" is an actual argument when the difference between the two is, again, not quantifiable. On top of that, you're implying Chara would hurt Giratina at such an abysmally slow rate that it would just naturally be able to heal from any wounds, which is further only supported by the unsubstatiated idea that Chara can't hurt Giratina because his number (the one he doesn't actually have) is just so much bigger. Even beyond all this, there has still been no valid method of victory presented aside from BFR, which again relies on Chara not being able to destroy the distortion world because it's "too big".

@Azzy

The quantificable diff between these two comes from the blog cal made that put thr pokemon multiverse st millions of parallel universes.

That is what they are talking about.

Back