• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chara vs Giratina

.....Ok, well, I encourage you to read all of this thread and Chara's profile.

Psychomaster35 said:
Im not joking. Pretty sure no matter what level Chara is, he cant hurt Giratina, since its Ghost and Charas knife would equal Cut, a Normal type move. And im pretty sure that Giratina would just keep on killing Chara over and over until Chara loses his DETERMINATION, making him mortal and vulnrable.
Chara's "knife" ignores conventional durability and hit intangible things, from what I heard, so Giratina being a Ghost-type likely doesn't matter.

Those aren't even the reasons. Chara is Non-Corporeal, you can see that just by seeing the page of the power. The thing it did with its knife is Existence Erasure.

Eficiente said:
Those aren't even the reasons. Chara is Non-Corporeal, you can see that just by seeing the page of the power. The thing it did with its knife is Existence Erasure.
oh nvm I forgot about that, my bad. The knife thing is just visual, it doesn't change anything about the intended effects.

This is what happens when a thread drags on for too long.

Well, pretty much, Giratina keeps on killing Chara over and over until Chara at some point loses the urge to kill, removing his Type 8 immortality, and giving Giratina a chance to do the final blow.

Psychomaster35 said:
Well, pretty much, Giratina keeps on killing Chara over and over until Chara at some point loses the urge to kill, removing his Type 8 immortality, and giving Giratina a chance to do the final blow.
"Chara loses the urge to kill" No. That's like saying Khorne can loose the urge to kill. Chara is literally the conceptual embodiment of killing intent.

Psychomaster35 said:
That spits in the point of determination. They never give up, period.

Don't see how chara would loose the will to fight before it would.

Though, that would give Giratina a SLIGHT 50.000000000000000000000000000001% chance of winning. Chara, while hard for him to give up, will eventually give up at some point after, like, millions of lives wasted. And as I said, Chara cannot harm ghosts, shown when he tried to hit Nabstablook.

Again, by what leap of logic would the character whose power makes them unable to give up do so instead of giratina?

The second part is stupid, no offense. Do you think napstablook is floating in a timeless void? Know the difference between frisk and chara.

So Giratina can't touch Chara at all? Like no one really made it clear enough, and the explanations, while making some sense, is trying to assume a "one size fits all" logic. That's why I can't agree with Chara besting Giratina that easily. In fact, based on that aforementioned logic, Chara should be at least 2A or 1C, which would technically make this a STOMP.

———————

A side note (likely not related, so you can ignore this unless curious), the recent Gurren Lagann tier changes made Anti Spiral and other GL characters high 2A (at the moment), causing the A-Spiral v Giratina match to be deleted. I'd still pick Giratina even then, because the previous tier info for A-Spiral was "2B, LIKELY 1-C/1-B" (don't quite remember every single detail), which means that the recent change was kinda a downgrade. Plus Giratina still had the advantage in terms of haxes at the time.

Psychomaster35 said:
Though, that would give Giratina a SLIGHT 50.000000000000000000000000000001% chance of winning. Chara, while hard for him to give up, will eventually give up at some point after, like, millions of lives wasted. And as I said, Chara cannot harm ghosts, shown when he tried to hit Nabstablook.
Frisk =/= Chara.

What? The first part of your comment makes no sense dragon.

As for the second, lel no. I won't bother giving an indept explaination, but when someone is At least 2-A, possibly 1-A and they fight another 2-A, they are assumed to be 2-A. The possibly is ignored. And the idea of arceus, let alone giratina, beating anti-spiral as he is now is just plain impossible.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
What? The first part of your comment makes no sense dragon.

As for the second, lel no. I won't bother giving an indept explaination, but when someone is At least 2-A, possibly 1-A and they fight another 2-A, they are assumed to be 2-A. The possibly is ignored. And the idea of arceus, let alone giratina, beating anti-spiral as he is now is just plain impossible.
  • shrugs*
Whelp, I'll just rest my case on this, even if you don't think it's a case at all. I would grind my gears more about the things I really hate about tier 2 or higher match threads, and the calcs/proofs/scaling of said tiers, but I digress. I'm no Einstein, after all, and I don't want to be. In the end, these kinds of matches are simply modified version of "yes he can, no he can't" debates.

A60F7FA5-DEA2-4C28-85B4-C0986075015E
I give up.

P.S. someone please just put this thread out of its misery already.

Because necroing threads without a good reason is disadvised... as the comment section says for all 90 day or older threads before you start writing in it.

Necros are allowed for proper reasons. New arguments, one vote missing from a match, etc.

Both characters went through extensive CRTs in the past year. None of what is in this thread would apply anymore, and a new thread would need to be made.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
Oh. Then I guess I'll just remake this thread then. Thanks for telling me that.
Tbf, I don't think the revisions would really change the eventual results, anyway...which was Incon but didn't get listed.

Back