• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chara vs Giratina

When was Chara's soul destroyed? Chara died of natural causes. Asriel at best was the one who had his soul destroyed. Chara should have resurrection, but not regen. Two years and I'm only just now bringing this up...

Now that I'm on the subject, Chara having omnipresence doesn't seem justified at all. Why on earth are we assuming Chara became everything after nuking everything? That's vague as all hell. Even the conceptual existence is vague, as when he says the concept of leveling up is him, it could just as well mean that the feeling was just Chara's existence taking over or getting stronger as you continue your spree. Not that he's the literal concept of leveling up, especially considering how that comes much more out of left field than anything else.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Chara should have all of frisk's powers, and he can freely heal by willing their dreams into reality.
I always kinda thought Chara might be a bit to...cynical(?) to use this in character, but I suppose you're right that they do actually have that power available, considering post-genocide pacifist Frisk is still a vessel for Chara.

I don't see any reason barring a guy listing abilities that don't matter

Like at all

Anyways, Chara slaps FRA via regen and res

I don't see how Giratina couldn't BFR Chara to the Distortion World and seal him there like how he did to Dialga and Palkia, especially when he has an extremely massive ap advantage and the fact that Chara is no longer omnipresent. Plus, from what I heard, Giratina has a type 8 immortality reliant on the Distortion World so he probably can resurrect from any times Chara kills him (if the latter could even kill Giratina in the first place considering the massive ap gap) unless he destroys the Distortion World.

The Distortion World is also linked to the Old world (multiverse), if the Distortion World were destroyed the Old world would recreate it again.

NeoZex6399 said:
The Distortion World is also linked to the Old world (multiverse), if the Distortion World were destroyed the Old world would recreate it again.
This is iffy as heck. Can you show the source?

...The shadowy Pokémon isn't here. It abandoned me here, then disappeared somewhere farther down... Was it content to merely interfere with my plan...? Incidentally, do you understand the concept of genes?"
Yes: "...If it's true, you've impressed me.
No: "...No, of course, you wouldn't.
Either way: Genes can be considered the blueprints of all life-forms. That includes humans and Pokémon alike. Genes are contained in a DNA strand. A DNA strand consists of 2 chains of opposing characteristics in a spiral. If one of the chains were to be broken, the other could replicate it. One or the other cannot exist without its opposite."
"Do you understand where I am going with this? This is a bizarre world. Time doesn't flow. Space isn't stable. Only that shadowy Pokémon lives here. This world is the opposite of our world-- our world I wish to change. It is like the two chains composing the strand of DNA. The two worlds must be balancing each other to remain in existence.

~Cyrus (Pkmn Platinum)

Gira10
Gira20

It doesn't, it was countering bfr.

I don't see why Chara can't just forcefully take it's soul like everyone else in-verse does, or keep fighting and telling giratina to stop until it just won't want to fight anymore.

Because Chara needs someone to offer up their soul a la Bill Cipher. And the latter isn't even hax, and even then, it's something Giratina shrugged off before.

The reason why the Creation Trio lost its resistance to soul manipulation is because "The Lake Trio gave spirit to the world", but this only means that in the reality now exists the concept of soul, not that the CT has soul now, especially considering that the LT is unable to affect Dialga and Palkia together, much less Giratina and Arceus.

They needed the anomaly to do that, but the anomaly is far from normal. Litirally everyone can do the standard soul absorption as long as they don't share a species.

And why does that matter? Charismatic persuasion is a thing, and as far as I know Giratina doesn't have a power that forces it to never give up a battle it cannot win.

Plus, again, has his soul been completly destroyed ever? If yes, how much does it take for him to regen get back from it?

Fairly sure that considering how big the Pokèmon Multiverse is compared to Undertale's, Giratina can just throw Chara God know where with BFR.

Now excuse me if I'm missing it, but I don't see it on the profile.

And I specifically remember people disagreeing with it too.

DMB 1 said:
Fairly sure that considering how big the Pokèmon Multiverse is compared to Undertale's, Giratina can just throw Chara God know where with BFR.
There is no way it would take more than a week to get back.

Like, it's litirally impossible.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Now excuse me if I'm missing it, but I don't see it on the profile.
And I specifically remember people disagreeing with it too.
You mean the soulless thing?

Even if it isn't listed, Assalt himself (who made the Pokèmon downgrade) agreed that even if the Creation Trio had souls, they could have survived without them because they were born before them.

It should be listed regardless. And him having one doesn't make the situation much better, cuz chara could just absorb it and no u it.

And again, has it ever showcased the will to fight for all of eternity despite knowing it won't win?

NeoZex6399 said:
...The shadowy Pokémon isn't here. It abandoned me here, then disappeared somewhere farther down... Was it content to merely interfere with my plan...? Incidentally, do you understand the concept of genes?"
Yes: "...If it's true, you've impressed me.
No: "...No, of course, you wouldn't.
Either way: Genes can be considered the blueprints of all life-forms. That includes humans and Pokémon alike. Genes are contained in a DNA strand. A DNA strand consists of 2 chains of opposing characteristics in a spiral. If one of the chains were to be broken, the other could replicate it. One or the other cannot exist without its opposite."
"Do you understand where I am going with this? This is a bizarre world. Time doesn't flow. Space isn't stable. Only that shadowy Pokémon lives here. This world is the opposite of our world-- our world I wish to change. It is like the two chains composing the strand of DNA. The two worlds must be balancing each other to remain in existence.
~Cyrus (Pkmn Platinum)

Gira10
Gira20
If that's the only evidence, it's not enough to prove what you claimed.

Cyrus theorizing about the Distortion World without further evidence is vague and not enough.

@PaChi2

There is more evidence, for example, in the Giratina movie, the Distortion World repairs the damages caused by Dialga and Palkia in the Unown dimension.

NeoZex6399 said:
@PaChi2

There is more evidence, for example, in the Giratina movie, the Distortion World repairs the damages caused by Dialga and Palkia in the Unown dimension.
That is more in the sense that if damaging one dimension damages the other, repairing one repaires the other.

Back