• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Changes to Papyrus's page

Large amount of willpower: Papyrus stood right outside Undyne's house for an entire night just because he wanted to get into the Royal Guard.

Immunity to cold

More credit in the Intelligence category: Papyrus was trained by Undyne, so much so that they end up doing even the most trivial things, can read and understand books made for smart people, goes through fighting scenarios in his spare time, knows enough about photoshop to make this image(which was also mentioned in the Hotlands), and Undyne saw him fit to train Alphys .

Minor Power Nullification: Can render a person unable to move or fight by lowering their HP enough, which no one else can do

Not Sure: Can survive being decapitated for a short time

Levitation: Can levitate for at least a short time

Power Sensing: Senses the Annoying Dog's power, even over the phone

Papyrus states that Frisk, one of Papyrus's closest friends and probably knows Frisk best, would have been blown to bits if he had used his Special Attack. Or he would have, he got cut off by the Annoying Dog.

Another thing I should mention is that not one of Papyrus's puzzles didn't work. The tile puzzle was Alphys's and was remotely shut down by her before a map was made, both of the X puzzles worked fine(the worst thing that happened was that he accidentally changed the solution on one), the word find was Sans's, and the last puzzle on the bridge he decided not to use. All others worked fine.

Papyrus just captures you in terms of power nullification, it's more the fact that his fight can not kill you than power.

I agree with the rest.

Also, as his special attack is supposed to be a Gaster Blaster, should not it also be on his profile?

I agree with all of this, though Power Null seems iffy. It seems that he's actually just reducing your HP until you're essentially too weak to resist him locking you in the shed.

It is, however, a very good demonstration that he has perfect control over his magic. Being able to stop mid-attack to avoid killing you, as well as being able to hit you with bones that do no damage(although I can't find a clip anywhere) is something that no other monster in the entire game can do.

No other monster takes advantage of the fact that Frisk is weakened to capture him.

I think Willpower, Immunity/Resistance to cold, added notes for Intelligence, and levitatio are simple and self explanatory. Power sensing seems good to me, although it could be tagged with Limited.

Momentary survival of decapitation seems... Weird. It could just be noted that he can survive for a small amount of time. This is an indexing wiki first and foremost.

Neutral on Power Null.

The Gaster Blaster should've been listed a while ago, honestly.

I'm also iffy on the Power Null, and I think the Immunity to Cold should be Cold Resistance instead but otherwise I have no real qualms with this.

Cool. The Power Null is because Frisk can still fight back against and even kill monsters she fights while at 1 HP, but she cannot do anything against Papyrus if she's at 1 HP.

Darkanine said:
I'm also iffy on the Power Null, and I think the Immunity to Cold should be Cold Resistance instead but otherwise I have no real qualms with this.
I think that Skeleton can't feel cold because they don't have skin and flesh like human.

Yeah, but theirs a difference between say, not feeling cold and being able to survive stuff like absolute zero and other forms of extreme cold.

Darkanine said:
Yeah, but theirs a difference between say, not feeling cold and being able to survive stuff like absolute zero and other forms of extreme cold.
So can you add others upgrade in Papyrus profile?

I wanted to bump this, hopefully 6 days isn't that bad.

Has any of this been added/changed? Most of this seems to be accepted, except Power Null, could somebody do so?

You can try what was suggested above for Intelligence. I think a note should be made for the Gaster Blaster.

I'm not sure of the phrasing, but it's hinted in an abandoned Geno run. If you spare Papyrus then talk to him(I think), he says something along the lines of this.

"If I used my special attack, you surely would have been blown to... Nevermind." Can't seem to find a clip of this, though.

Never mind. I saw that Darkanine has accepted this, so it should be fine to add to the page.

Back