• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pretty small Undertale speed revisions

So some of the Undertale speeds on the profiles seemed a bit sus so I searched deep into stuff, and I think it should be changed

One of the main things being that Frisk has varying speeds. Like I get AP and Dura, but Speed? Frisk already goes toe to toe with Toriel, a Hypersonic character, at the very begin of the game, barely even determined.

Frisk should just be flat out Hypersonic, along with every monster that reasonably scales that doesn’t have it (
like Papyrus, going toe to toe with Undyne, another Hypersonic character(

Another thing, Sans shouldn’t have Hypersonic + reactions. Frisk is nowhere near the Hypersonic + mark, Sans casually dodging attacks would just have him upscale from Frisk’s speed. He is nowhere near close enough to get a tier gap.

TLDR: Upgrade Papyrus to Hypersonic and Downgrade Sans to Hypersonic

Last edited:
Toriel was going easy on Frisk tho, as even implied from her shocked face when she kills them, meaning she did it on accident and not as an intended thing.

And she's equal to Asgore, sooo.

Hard disagree.
Why would this affect speed though? It’s not like she can make her attacks slow down. She was genuinely trying to harm Frisk to prevent her from leaving the ruins. And what about Papyrus fighting Undyne? Papyrus literally was stated to be tough by Undyne.

What about the Sans Hypersonic + downgrade to Hypersonic?

Why would this affect speed though? It’s not like she can make her attacks slow down.
Holding back can actually make your attacks slower. Not to mentions that both monsters and attacks are made of magic, meaning that Toriel must have that much control over her attacks as they're made of the exact same thing.
She was genuinely trying to harm Frisk to prevent her from leaving the ruins.
It does not mean she was going all-out tho.
And what about Papyrus fighting Undyne? Papyrus literally was stated to be tough by Undyne.
That's a whole thing entirely. I am against making even Froggit scale to the Top tiers in speed.
What about the Sans Hypersonic + downgrade to Hypersonic?
Neutral.

Holding back can actually make your attacks slower. Not to mentions that both monsters and attacks are made of magic, meaning that Toriel must have that much control over her attacks as they're made of the exact same thing.

It does not mean she was going all-out tho.

That's a whole thing entirely. I am against making even Froggit scale to the Top tiers in speed.

Neutral.
Aight, maybe I can agree to varying speed, but Papyrus lacks Hypersonic on his profile, despite fighting Undyne.

So removing varying speed is wrong, we both can agree, so a removed that from the op

Not counting votes just yet till more people come on here. Your’s is partial since your neutral on one point

disagreed with the first point but that seems to have already been settled so don't have anything to say about it.

Relatively fine with papyrus scaling to undyne in speed.

Sans dodging Frisk attacks doesn't exactly have to mean he is Hypersonic+ in itself, just that he is a bit higher in that specific speed tier, especially when the hypersonic characters themselves are relatively baseline in that speed, if I remember correctly, so I'm leaning towards agree on that point.

Last edited:
So we got 1 vote and a partial vote from Strym (hasn’t agreed to everything). Who do I contact to get on the thread?

sans' reactions don't come from him casually dodging stuff, it comes from his dodging attacks even when flowey/frisk knew where he was going to be, which would require far higher reaction speeds to dodge something when the attacker knows where he's going to be.

sans' reactions don't come from him casually dodging stuff, it comes from his dodging attacks even when flowey/frisk knew where he was going to be, which would require far higher reaction speeds to dodge something when the attacker knows where he's going to be.
That still wouldn’t be Hypersonic +

It’s a too far fetched assumption to say he’s in a whole other tier. He’s just vastly faster to Hypersonic characters.

That still wouldn’t be Hypersonic +

It’s a too far fetched assumption to say he’s in a whole other tier. He’s just vastly faster to Hypersonic characters.
Hypersonic+ isn't another tier, it's still in the hypersonic tier, just higher into it. Sans hasn't even shown to be faster than others he's fought, and has no reason to upscale from flowey or frisk, as they're massively superior to him.

Hypersonic+ isn't another tier, it's still in the hypersonic tier, just higher into it. Sans hasn't even shown to be faster than others he's fought, and has no reason to upscale from flowey or frisk, as they're massively superior to him.
It’s a different tier according to the speed page. The problem is the mere assumption that Sans is up an entire speed tier because he can dodge someone really well, especially against someone really low into the hypersonic tier. He’s just higher into Hypersonic, not necessarily Hypersonic+.

mach 6.1(?) to 10 is still only a 1.6 times advantage, the speed tiers arent very large
Hm. Ye, but we don’t upscale from that range iirc. Monsters got Hypersonic because they upscaled from something decimal numbers away from the Hypersonic.

Back