• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Change in appearance of Garou's Powers and Abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damage3245

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
At present Garou's list of abilities looks like this:

Powers_list.PNG

It's a great big wall of mostly blue text which is almost headache-inducing and difficult to parse information casually. There are better alternatives to this in terms of presentation.

Here is a sandbox showing a much better and more readable layout. There is precedent on the wiki for displaying abilities in a format like this, and compare to the screenshot up above I seriously doubt anyone would find this new presentation of the abilities to be difficult to read and comprehend. Is it a little bit longer in terms of page length? Yes, but not by much. Maybe a tenth of a scroll more on the scroll wheel. Not an inconveience to anyone and the payoff is more than worth it.

Personally, I've always preferred the standard way of listing powers (with less blue, only single or a few words need to have a link attached), and the bulk of information and text moved down to the intelligence and NA&T section, also because the latter can be renamed and modified to include things like abilities, physiology, etc..

Still, Damage's version remains a improvement, compared to the current one.

Damage's version looks way different from all other profiles, isn't that a problem?
Not necessarily. In time for problematic profiles like Garou's I'm planning on making this kind of change more commonplace. I just don't think it needs to be mandated or enforced right now.

It's different, but it's also better.

Since this has been pretty unanimous, I'll go ahead with the change now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back