• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cell Solar System calc makes no sense

So this is calc that is used for Cell Destroying the Solar System from Earth to the Sun: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Assaltwaffle/Dragon_Ball_Z:_Cell_gets_out_of_Baseline

And this is a similar calc: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...ion_With_a_Sun_and_Earth_inside_of_it_(REDUX)

The problem that I have though is that in the video shown, Earth is at the center of the destruction, meaning that Cell's blast is overcoming Earth's GBE and expanding to destroy the Sun from there. But Assaltwaffle's calc uses the Sun's GBE, not the Earth's, it would make more sense to be using KLOL506's calc. Although when I tried to address this on the calc itself, this is what I was told:

Sun at the center, Earth at the edge: Use my calc

Earth at the center, Sun at the edge: Use Assalt's calc
This confounds me even more because KLOL506's calc uses the Earth's GBE, which by Occum's razor means that it's at the center, not the Sun! And the calc also has the Sun's GBE added on there meaning that it gets destroyed at the edge like what's happening in the video.

Following to see how this goes.
popcorn-drama.gif

It's because the way these calcs work is to discover the energy at the epicenter in which the destruction at a certain border can destroy what is in that border. That means that the explosion has to destroy the sun at a certain edge, and that calc is the minimum value in which an explosion starting from the Earth can destroy the Sun in an omnidirectional explosion.

The problem that I have though is that in the video shown, Earth is at the center of the destruction, meaning that Cell's blast is overcoming Earth's GBE and expanding to destroy the Sun from there. But Assaltwaffle's calc uses the Sun's GBE, not the Earth's, it would make more sense to be using KLOL506's calc.
Once again, no. The idea is to find out the energy at the epicenter based on how much energy it has remaining at the edge. Destroying bigger and stronger shit at the edge will of course, have more power at the source.

Basic physics brother. Energy dissipates the farther it goes out from the source.

This confounds me even more because KLOL506's calc uses the Earth's GBE,
AT THE EDGE.

which by Occum's razor means that it's at the center, not the Sun!
Yeah no. That's not what my calc assumes. AT ALL. My calc clearly assumes the Sun to be the epicenter of where the expansion/explosion starts, with the Earth being at the edge.

Again, inverse-square law.

And the calc also has the Sun's GBE added on there meaning that it gets destroyed at the edge like what's happening in the video.
No, the Sun's GBE is added because the explosion to reach the Earth isn't enough to blow up the Sun with the first expansion. You can ask DT if you wish

Basically, thread is making a mountain out of a molehill for absolutely no reason and is failing to understand the basic concepts of inverse-square law.

@DontTalkDT I believe you can handle this as well, since you helped me out with the calc I made.

The way Inverse Square Law works in explosion calculations like this is to always figure out what is being destroyed at the longest distance of the epicenter. As the radius of the explosion is too big, the value of the destruction in the epicenter is going to be too small to really matter.

So if you were to destroy the Sun starting with an explosion from the Earth, the value of the epicenter explosion far surpasses that of the Earth GBE, so the amount of energy that is used to destroy the Earth is basically negligible.

What you need to do in calcs like this is make sure everything inside the radius is going to be destroyed. Normally doing the calc of the destruction of the farthest object is already far larger than that of the epicenter, so you just need to do that calc. KLOL506's calculation of destroying the Earth from the Sun as the epicenter is an example that needs to take into account the Sun being destroyed since the total energy to just destroy the Earth from that distance isn't enough to comfortably also destroy the Sun.

So if you were to destroy the Sun starting with an explosion from the Earth, the value of the epicenter explosion far surpasses that of the Earth GBE, so the amount of energy that is used to destroy the Earth is basically negligible.

What you need to do in calcs like this is make sure everything inside the radius is going to be destroyed. Normally doing the calc of the destruction of the farthest object is already far larger than that of the epicenter, so you just need to do that calc. KLOL506's calculation of destroying the Earth from the Sun as the epicenter is an example that needs to take into account the Sun being destroyed since the total energy to just destroy the Earth from that distance isn't enough to comfortably also destroy the Sun.
With destroying the Earth starting with an explosion from the Sun though, wouldn't make more sense to use the Sun's GBE? You can't destroy a the Sun using a weaker GBE to start out after all

Back