• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Celestia being listed with Longivity instead of type 1 Immortality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the novel, Princess Twilight and the Crystal Heart spell, Celestia claims that natural Alicorns have extremely long lifespans, but are not immortal. We should change her profile.

At the very least, the same novel states that Cadence was not born an alicorn but became one like Twilight. The season 6 premier, which was made well after the novel, states that the birth of an alicorn was something that Equestria had never seen before, which pretty much confirms that Cadence cannonicially was not born an alicorn but later became one like Twilight. This at least estableshes that claim that the novel made about Cadence as canon. This would also explain why Cadence is shown to have aged from the time when Twilight was a filly, while Celestia and Luna have not visibly aged in 1000 years. This would also tie into the official statement that Twilight will not outlive her friends.

Well, I think that merely being alive for a few thousand years should preferably not be listed as type 1 (never ages at all) immortality anyway, just as longevity.

However, you should preferably ask Azathoth and Darkanine to comment here first.

I'm just concerned if the books are canon or not. Personally, I feel like longevity is more appropriate then Type 1 but I'll wait and see what others say.

Well I think some of the books have been referenced in the show a couple of times but I don't think the writers have said there canonical like they have the comics

This particular book is pretty significantly contradicted by the main show, mainly with what it does with Gilda.

Yeah since she's still a bully in the book but in The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone they say this is the first time they've seen her since Griffon the Brush Off

Plus in the book she's a normal inhabitant of Ponyville, while in the show she just left after her debut episode.

We'll it's also the book with Cadence's backstory that hasn't been contradicted yet to my knowledge but I guess considering what's else in the book I don't think anything else that the show contradicts can be used

Cadance's backstory has been brought up in other novels (Through the Mirror for example) so I guess we just have to consider the novels to be their own continuity/timeline like how the comics are their own continuity.

I suppose that's for the best since the writers haven't said anything about how canon they are afaik

So the book is not canon then. However, I do not think that the alicorns seem to have demonstrated completely eternal life, so longevity might be better anyway.

I don't think we should be using the book, but I am also fine with longevity since, to my knowledge, Celestia and Luna were never stated to be flat-out immortal, and Twilight (and likely Cadance as well) will age and die, normally.

Anybody here should feel free to change Celestia's and Luna's immortality to longevity, yes.

The changes need to be performed first. Although I suppose that I can fix the issue.

No problem. I have made the adjustments, and suppose that it is time to close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back