• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Castlevania big Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I´m sure that he is one of those sort of users that only comes back with a huge wall of text for a CRT, especially in this case.

We may contact more knowledgeable members meanwhile, however, too bad the verse is too inactive TBH.

Pretty sure there is no other mod knowledgable on CV other than Matt, yeah i expect a wall of text too, but he said he is fine with the resistances for the other Heroes like the resistances Alucard, Sypha and Trevor already have scaling to Dracula

Yeah, Death needs some heavy changes and resistances aswell, he is pretty downplayed on the matches i saw him in

He´s explicitly stated to have absorbed a bunch of souls, so it´s likely that he absorbed at least one of each´s fodder souls, so he is likely to have almost as much powers as Soma, especially considering that in the canon ending, he blows up due to the extreme amount of souls he absorbed. You could say the power consumed him.

@Tony di bugalu

Dracula's mid godly comes from the fact that he will always ressurect, even without a Soul or from obliteration also being an aspect of Chaos. The bosses and enemies have them thanks to Chaos too. Olrox is the one who i mentioned originally, he came back in the Sorrow novel in the far future after his fight with Alucard where he was obliterated https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6DC4__DUYk

@Bobsican

No, Dimitri only can only copy or mimmick Souls, he can't absorb them normally without copying Soma's power of Order and i don't think its neccessary for him to have a profile since he is incredibly generic and has nothing to distinguish him from the rest. A profile of Paranoia, Aguni, Barlowe, Albus or Blackmore is better

Here [Boss guide], Here [Him returning] and Here [Final Boss], also here is a fun video for the sky fish monster speed, which scales to Dracula and the others since all monsters are extentions of himself.

Base Dmitrii doesn't scale to Soma and he's weaker than Abaddo, so he's Unknow.

After killing himself against Soma his soul entered inside him, so he could copy his abilities including the power of dominance, which allowed him to reform his whole body. However despite that he needed to sacrifice Celia and absorb many souls from the Abyss in order to repel a supressed Alucard, he then was unable to handle the many souls inside him, which all merged as Menace and killed him, the latter is at least 4-A, possibly Low 2-C for collapsing the entire Abyss upon dying.

Overall Dmitrii is not that interesting, but his copy ability is more unique than his supposed partner Dario with the common fire power.

Maybe, but Soma has resistance to time stop since he can react to Zephyr time stop.

Talking about the Sky fish who is so fast he can move through stopped time, pretty sure that would scale to Chaos or Dracula and inturn Soma

Julius was able to do so because Dracula's castle and most monsters were sealed in the moon, cutting their connection to him.

Oh yeah he did sealed Dracula away but why on Dracula's page say he was killed instead of being sealed? along with Julius-He sealed away Dracula in 1999? I think it needs to be change.

Moving in a Time Stop is likely Resistance, not Infinite Speed

The characters doesn't show to be infinitely fast in the series and most of them already have Resistance to Time Stop

Anyway, Alucard's regen (Not the Mid-Godly), Death changes and those hax additions seems fine for me

The Skyfish is stated to move at high speeds which makes it invisible to the naked eye, Time Stop only slows it down somewhat and is the only way kill it, evidence for this being the case is that Time Stop resistant monsters move normaly through time stop like nothing happened, Sky Fish is visibly slown down by it i.e his speed allows him to travel through stopped time

LightinAnt said:
Dracula's mid godly comes from the fact that he will always ressurect, even without a Soul or from obliteration also being an aspect of Chaos. The bosses and enemies have them thanks to Chaos too. Olrox is the one who i mentioned originally, he came back in the Sorrow novel in the far future after his fight with Alucard where he was obliterated
But he cames back thanks to his connection to Chaos, he doesn't regen and Olrox came almost a millennium latter. Thats is for that type 8 (everyone's connection to chaos and the evil of the men's hearts and yada yada).

The should not have mid godly and if the are given that it's not combat applicable (needing almost a millennium for a vampire under Drac's command and a century for Dracula himself to come back).

Bosses in Dawn of Sorrow will also always come back unless Sealed, but Julius manages to kill them anyway, i.e this is because of Regen negatation they die see above. This is also partly because of Soma having the ability to absorb Souls of his enemies and them coming back anyway, regen and type 8 go hand in hand at times

LightinAnt said:
The Skyfish is stated to move at high speeds which makes it invisible to the naked eye, Time Stop only slows it down somewhat and is the only way kill it, evidence for this being the case is that Time Stop resistant monsters move normaly through time stop like nothing happened, Sky Fish is visibly slown down by it i.e his speed allows him to travel through stopped time
This doesn't prove nothing, he is slowed down because his resistance is not that good and he still gets affected by Time Manipulation, while other beings completely resists and other get stopped, their resistance is not equal to everyone in the series

Also, I don't think that we are going to upgrade Castlevania to Infinite Speed based on one only this "feat" while many things in the series contradicts the characters being infinitely fast

Not like everyone would get it, it would only scale to Chaos and maybe Soma. And something like "his timestop resistance isn't as good" is also not an argument and isn't shown anywhere else, either you have full resistance to time stop or you don't in Aria and Dawn, if he had resistance he would move at his normal speed even through timestop.

LightinAnt said:
@Bobsican

No, Dimitri only can only copy or mimmick Souls, he can't absorb them normally without copying Soma's power of Order and i don't think its neccessary for him to have a profile since he is incredibly generic and has nothing to distinguish him from the rest. A profile of Paranoia, Aguni, Barlowe, Albus or Blackmore is better
In the end, he had a bootleg of Soma´s Power of Dominance (He managed to copy it by entering to him after sending his soul out of his body to him as a last resort), and so he should have most (not all by the way, as he wasn´t in Aria of Sorrow, after all), powers Soma has.

LightinAnt said:
Bosses in Dawn of Sorrow will also always come back unless Sealed, but Julius manages to kill them anyway, i.e this is because of Regen negatation they die see above. This is also partly because of Soma having the ability to absorb Souls of his enemies and them coming back anyway, regen and type 8 go hand in hand at times
I don't remember any boss coming back, what I remember is that you can't defeat the bosses without sealing them not defeating them and coming back to the room and finding them there again.

Also, I don't know of any character that has regen thanks to Type 8 and I remember a big thread about it some time ago.

Julius literally said that he can kill bosses and enemies before they can regenerate i.e they have regen

Also jesus christ, someone message Matt so he can either debunk everything or atleast approve the revision, the infinite speed can settle for another day

LightinAnt said:
Not like everyone would get it, it would only scale to Chaos and maybe Soma. And something like "his timestop resistance isn't as good" is also not an argument and isn't shown anywhere else, either you have full resistance to time stop or you don't in Aria and Dawn, if he had resistance he would move at his normal speed even through timestop.
It would scale to a lot of people for being Infinite tho

First Soma, then Julius, and since Alucard and Yoko can fight alongside them, they would scale, you must understand that a character keeping up with another that is Infinitely Fast makes him infinite aswell, since even if you are only 629272927193710271810272828 times faster than light, you will still be frozen to them, and both Alucard and Yoko help Julius to fight in Soma in the bad ending. Any difference between a finite speed and infinite speed is Infinite, they would be useless with any finite speed

And even the enemies would need to be Infinitely fast, or they would be 100% frozen for Soma, that's the point of Infinite Speed being complicated, since everyone needs to be infinitely fast to not be frozen for others, and since it would scale to Alucard, it scales to other Belmonts and Dracula

And this doesn't make any sense since the series contradicts this, variable Resistances to Time Stop is something normal, and makes much more sense instead of everyone having Infinite Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back