• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Castlevania big Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dante Demon Killah said:
Unsure: Alucard's Regenerationn (we need actual feats, But I agree that him not coming back when we die as him is just a game mechanic), Dark Lord Soma should be another key for Soma and not on Dracula's profile
I´m sure we lack feats in that regard, and if it was a game mechanics the games would at least hint to such thing, which is lacking to begin with.

In other words, Low-Mid is the best rating overall, unless thre´s some proof to bring up.

Lastly, I´m fine with the second key for Soma´s profile, but again, it would also need a note to prevent CRTs happening to try to scale Alucard and those that scale to him to Soma to grant a direct tier 2 rating by being able to keep up with him, saying basically that that form is not canon.

For Dark Lord Soma key profile, It should say he has all of Dark Lord Dracula's power and abilities but a far greater extent.

We can't assume Low Mid just because he is a Supernatural being or something like that tho, or we have a Low Mid feat ?

Anyway, we have a possible Mid Regenerationn feat for Dracula, maybe we can scale to Alucard, I'm unsure, but if it isn't scalable, we can't say he have Low Mid without feats

I mean, when he dies, the animation when dying is him being pretty much being reduced to pulp while screaming to death, so maybe it isn´t even Low-Mid, but likely High-Low.

I don´t think it´s scalable, as he is half human, then again.

Yeah, and then, after he is reduced to pulp, he...dies

So he didn't regenerate

Olrox is a vampire while Alucard is half vampire, I think a "Possibly" should be fine, since we don't have 100% sure in scalling him to other vampires, I say this because Alucard displayed many vampiric abilities and their physical Strength, Speed and Durability (to a even higher level), he only lacks their weaknesses, so scalling him with a "Possibly" should be okay

We would need an low-end at the very least.

I suggest Low-High as he can heal respectively up to about that degree.

Bobsican said:
We would need an low-end at the very least.
I suggest Low-High as he can heal respectively up to about that degree.

We can't give him Low-High or Low-Mid for the dying animation in Symphony of the Night because he dies, you are literally saying, for a example, that a man who dies with a stab in the heart should have Low-Mid

Anyway, as I already said, I believe some Regenerationn feats from vampires should be scalable, as Alucard already displayed all of their powers, both physical and magic, and only don't share most of their weaknesses, so he should be able to Regenerate some wounds that vampires casually recover, and would be around Mid or even higher

As you can see, we agree that he have Regenerationn, we only don't agree in what feats we should use for him lol

Dante Demon Killah said:
We can't give him Low-High or Low-Mid for the dying animation in Symphony of the Night because he dies, you are literally saying, for a example, that a man who dies with a stab in the heart should have Low-Mid
It isn´t just SotN, in Dawn of Sorrow, in the alternate ending, he dies with the same animation, so it´s consistent that it can´t be beyond the Low category (Low, Mid-Low or Low-High), and that is if we are generous.

@Bobsician

I mean ingame Deaths being proof of bad regen isn't really evidence, otherwise Dante or characters with good regen would follow suit

I mean, Alucard has no actual proof of being able to regenerate beyond just powerscaling, while others like Dante do as far I know.

I believe scalling Alucard to casual Regen feats from other vampires with a "possibly" is okay, as Alucard already displayed all of their powers, both physical and magic, and only don't share most of their weaknesses, so he should be able to Regenerate some wounds that vampires casually recover, and would be around Mid or even higher via their feats

What happens is that Alucard isn´t entirely a vampire, he is also half human, and so it can´t be directly scaled, to my knowledge.

And I explained why I believe he should, he literally displayed every vampire magic and physical power to even higher levels, only rivaled by Dracula himself, so why not their regen ?

I guess it´s fine to just have a "possibly" rating onto it, but I still feel that Mid-Godly on Alucard is wankish...

Well Alucard is very similar in power and abilities like his father but not great as his father since he's a full vampire and more experience.

That looks like game mechanics, but I´m not sure.

Anyways, just putting his Regenerationn into something like that still feels like too much to me.

It may go ahead, but I strongly disagree with such high ratings.

Coming back from decapitation is automatically Mid.

Note that I strongly support to refrain from ratings above Low-Mid, as it feels wankish to me.

I would like to hear what Matt thinks, anyways, at this point I´m not even sure anyomre, so I´ll leave myself at a side of the Regenerationn thing for now.

I'll sumarize

About Alucard's Regenerationn:

- We can scale him to other vampires, so Mid-Godly regen

- We can scale him to casual regen feats from vampires, like Dracula surviving decapitation in 1:14

- We can erase his Regenerationn for lack of feats

- And he kinda gets erased by Trevor here lol

Why scale him to other vampires even if he is half human ?

- Because Alucard already displayed all of their powers, both physical and magic power to even higher levels, only rivaled by Dracula himself , and only don't share most of their weaknesses, so he should be able to Regenerate some wounds that vampires casually recover

For his renegeration, it's basically this, I don't think we can give him anything that isn't Mid or Mid-Godly, it's basically what we have for now based on feats and scalling

I don't remember any character showing some Mid Godly, mind showing the feat.

I said we scale him to Drac's feat with a "Likely" as he hasn't shown the same feat but we know how he is higher in some aspects than Dracula himself.

Also, Dark Lord Soma thingy was already settled?

ABoogieYesSir said:
Mid Godly, not really a certainity, its just a guess since Olrox and Dracula can come back from complete obliteratio
"Regenerationn (Mid-Godly; Cannot be killed as long as humanity, and the Chaos within their hearts exist. Will reform and revive even if his soul is destroyed and his existence is erased)"

Pretty sure Alucard can´t scale as we all know his father wouldn´t share such thing with him after being against him.

Actually Dracula can survive his whole body being torn apart and just regening from his head as demonstrated in CV3, pretty sure that's high-mid. But Mid seems fine for Alucard

Opinions on Death not being affected by the Castle's influence and logically some demons hax so he should have resistances to those?

"Regenerationn (Mid-Godly; Cannot be killed as long as humanity, and the Chaos within their hearts exist. Will reform and revive even if his soul is destroyed and his existence is erased)"

Pretty sure Alucard can´t scale as we all know his father wouldn´t share such thing with him after being against him.

The bolded part is Type 8 immortality the other one is what makes it Mid Godly, but I want some scan or video because it's been a long time since I played the games.

I already messaged him 2-3 times, i'm still a bit annoyed he didn't atleast give his thoughts, maybe you could message him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back