• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Castlevania big Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean this would have been a stomp now, since Soma would resist quite literally anything Kirby throws at him. Though yeah, its sad when people aren't that interested in a verse that is actually quite known.

On topic of the thread, some characters should naturally resist curses, Soma already does on his profile, but enemies are specifically stated to inflict curses and inflict curse status ingame, so they should be resistant as well to that. Looking through the profiles shows that they are very inconsistent, i mean how the hell did nobody mention that they can kill enemies made out of souls and enemies who are ghosts? That's like a nobrainer

LightinAnt said:
Yes to the curse manip for Soma

Yes, but some like Soma should get outright immunity to curses via certain equipment.

Also agree with the probability manip, but it must be specified to be minor, as otherwise some users will surely start treating it like Simon the Digger levels of probability manip.

Agree with Reactive Powerlevel for Soma

Yes to Energy Projection, unless he can absorb it or stuff like that, it should only be projection, rather that actual manipulation of energy.

Magic is something I strongly agree on.

Agree on beast mastery for Soma

Lastly, I agree with the antimatter manip and resistance, I also think Alucard had a nuke-based move, but I lack details about it.

Yeah Soma can absorb Energy, its even on his profile which is weird since Energy Manip is so obvious. That's the Neutron Bomb, which is even specialized in radiation, i added it above for Alucard

I guess there´s nothing to do about Soma´s energy manip in that case.

I also agree with the resistance to Radiation for Alucard, by the way.

Eh i'm not sure, i removed my proposal of removing immunities since i realised i'm not that knowledgable on how thet works or wether or not its NLF, Matt probably knows more about it if he is willing to take a look here

Also immunity to curses is already on Soma's profile btw

I mean, immunities are often just labeled as resistances to avoid NLFs anyways.

Soma should also have:

- Danmaku via Death´s soul

- Air Manipulation via Spin Devil and Tiny Devil´s soul and Yalmanway (An air sword)

- Normal Fire Manipulation via White Dragon, Aguni, Buer´s soul and Laevatain (A fire sword)

- Empathic Manipulation via Mini Devil´s soul

- Plant Manipulation via Corpseweed and Une´s soul

- Electricity Manipulation via Rycuda and Lightning Doll´s soul

- Bone Manipulation via Skeleton´s soul (A note saying that he simply throws bones should be added, by the way).

- Explosion Manipulation via Bomber Armor´s soul and RPG (Rocket-proelled grenade)

- Creation (Can make curry out of nowhere) via Waiter Skeleton´s soul

- Sound, Madness and Death Manipulation via Mandragora´s soul

- Martial Arts via Slaughterer and Hell Boar´s soul

- Water Manipulation via Merman´s soul (He spites a burst of water)

- Ice Manipulation via Frozen Shade´s soul and Ice Brand (An ice sword)

- Electricity Manipulation via Bugbear´soul and Gunger (An electric spear) and Mjollnjr (Electric hammer)

- Elasticity via Whip Knuckle

- Weapon Mastery via being able to wield the countless weapon arsenal

- Enhanced Sences via Peeping Eye´s soul (Can see breakable walls)

- Metal Manipulation via Mimic´s soul (He makes money when taking damage)

- Homing Attack via Witch and Abaddon´s soul

- Durability Negation and One Hit Kill via Killer Mantle´s soul (swaps HP with MP on a target, one shots if the target can´t even wield magic)

- Thread Manipulation via Arachne´s soul

- Earth Manipulation via Mudman´s soul (Throws mud at a target)

- Attack Reflection via Dead Warrior´s soul

- Vibration Manipulation and limited Flight via Black Panther

Let´s see, Im also going ot check the resistances via soul equipping...

Resistance to:

- Physical attacks via Tanjelly´s soul

- Dark spells and curses via Arc Demon´s soul

- "Immunity" to curses via Killer Doll´s soul

- Can eat shit with Ghoul´s soul (Ingestive hazards?)

- Flinching via Draghighnazzo´s soul

- Fire Manipulation via Wyrm Robe

- Water Manipulation via Aquarius

Other:

- Soma to Card Users via Killer Clown´s soul (He can throw cards to attack)

- Possibly limitless stamina for Soma with Claimh Solais (A holy long sword), which description says "An indefatigable sword. Its blade glitters with light"

- I think there´s a name for becoming stronger the more injured (As Soma can passively do exactly that with Lubicant´s soul)

- He can also manipulate shadows, but I don´t know if that falls as darkness mainpulation

Most of this i have already listed/listed in his profile or falls under elemental manip which he already has, but alas we can still add them if its neccesary.

The Killer Mantle is a really good one, because it swaps the victims magic and life points, i.e instant death to characters who don't have magic, good catch

Shadow manip follows under darkness manip

He has really fast regening magic via the Chaos ring

Yeah I'll add the rest which i didn't mention already

If you got more stuff, be free to list them

LightinAnt said:
Damn Jonathan's profile is entirely empty lol, Matt where are you.....
Good thing I also have Portrait of Ruin, so I can just check quickly with some of my broken cheat codes, it´s unstable on my 3DS for some reason, anyways...

Let´s see... the profile is so barebones it could easily have been just deleted if it wasn´t for this CRT.

Jonathan should also have:

- Fire Manipulation via Fire Whip, Agni´s Flame,

- Ice Manipulation via Rahab´s Frost (An ice sword)

- Holy Manipulation and Homing Attack via Nebula (A whip)

- Holy Manipulation via Heaven´s Sword, Undead Killer and Kaiser Knuckles

- Petrification via Medusa Whip and Milican´s Sword

- Animal Manipulation via Tori (Throws a bird to attack, I cna´t tell if this is an actual power because the description only says "Tori", which feels a bit glitchy)

- Darkness Manipulation via Jet Black Whip

- Poison Manipulation via Assassin Blade

- Elasticity via Whip Knuckle

- Danmaku via Ricochet Rock (At least in a closed space)

- Explosion Manipulation via Grenade

- Statistics Amplification via Offensive Form and Defensive Form

- Healing via Healing Mail

- Enhanced Sences via Eye for Decay (Can see breakable walls)

- Invisibility via Invisible Cape

- Aura via Aura Blast (Jonathan Vs. 2-C Lucario when?)

Resistance to:

- Holy Manipulation via Holy Mail

- Petrification via Mirror Cuirass, he can also snap out of it manually without it

- Curses via Charm Necklace and "immunity" via Blessed Ring

- Flinching via Hercules Ring (He still takes the damage, however)

- Magic via Elven Cape ("A cape that provides special protection against magic.")

Other:

Assuming we can also add the powers he can wield only while being along Charlotte:

- Summoning via Greatest Five (Summons 5 Belmonts to whip all the targets nearby in quick succesion)

- Water Manipulation via Divine Storm (Summons a rain of holy water)

- Electricity Manipulation via Holy Lightning and Axe Bomber

- Magma Manipulation via Volcano

Jesus yeah i can't put that above or else it would get too large to be readable, also Jonathan should be a Martial arts expert seeing as the moves he can do via fighting game inputs and consistency with other Whip Wielders

Dark Lord Soma should have all of Dracula's abilities, Vampirism added too and all of his powers but on a much higher scale since Soma "Dracula reborn" should be way more powerful when his dark powers awaken

Also are we in agreement that Dracula should be a Genius or Extra ordinary Genius since Dracula's knowledge in science made him invent Robots, use Electricity for lamps and machinery, Alchemy in general being far ahead of what regular humans are capable of etc. and him creating the Castle itself which is a complex spirit world itself?

I have to agree that Dark Soma´s profile would basically be merging Soma´s profile with Dracula´s.

For the intelligence, well, he has hundreds of years of experience, but he isn´t someone that:

"vastly surpass the intellects of the smartest humans on Earth"

I think he fits as high-end Genius, however.

Yeah i think Dark Lord Soma should be a Key on Drac's or Soma's profile, he would be the most powerful character in the verse except maybe God so i think a key is necessary on that aspect.

As it would be technically Dracula, yet also a supressed Soma, I think a separate profile would be the best overall, then again.

Idk about a seperate profile, i mean he takes things from both normal Soma and Dracula but just without equipment since Dark Lord Soma doesn't use weapons.

I think its fine if we find more stuff to him that seperates him from Dracula and normal Soma

"Oh I'll take a look at Castlevania to see new threads"

- I See a CRT with 60+ posts

"What the -"

Well, in overall

Seems fine: Death changes, all of Soma's, Belmonts and Dracula's resistances, Belmonts and Heroes Non-physical interaction and every other hax, Regenerationn Negation (most of the demons comes back because of others, not on their own Regenerationn, just like Carmila, that Simon killed and she only appears in Rondo likely because of Dracula's presence), they are ok for me

Unsure: Alucard's Regenerationn (we need actual feats, But I agree that him not coming back when we die as him is just a game mechanic), Dark Lord Soma should be another key for Soma and not on Dracula's profile

I gave him low mid at bare minimum since Alucard has regen as his abilitiy and is a vampire/dhampyr, also because Dracula in the first Castlevania game lost his head and regened from it.

Though we could give him lower if that's reasonable, but he needs a clear ranking for what kind of regen he has

Being a supernatural being doesn't guarantee Low-Mid Regenerationn, but this feat should be good to scale Alucard, but it's Mid, not Low-Mid

Yeah but Dracula had regen that's why i gave him a low estimate since we don't really know, i mean Dracula survived his body being torn apart completely and regened just from his head in CV 3 for example. Also Mid Godly, not really a certainity, its just a guess since Olrox and Dracula can come back from complete obliteration

I have played Dawn of Sorrow and Dark Lord Soma despite being referred as Soma, he is threated as his own entity. He very likely has all of Dracula abilities [despite using only a few moves as a final boss: Gaibon control, levitation, teleportation, giant sword manifestation and Rondo Dracula monster transformation, which shoots flying monsters and bugs] and resurrected/freed all the previous bosses that were destroyed and sealed by Soma, it was needed the combined might of Alucard, Julius and Yoko to defeat him.

Did you paly Aria? There he quite literally referes to himself as Dracula and knows of what he is (He even has the portrait of Mathias Cronqvist in the background in Dawn), though i'm fine with it being added to either Dracula or Soma's profiles or it being completely seperate

Ah, sorry if i sounded antagonistic or something just wanted to make clear that Soma is more Dracula than he is well himself, but you could make an argument that he is different like when he murdered Celia for being annoying

Don't worry. Dracula was reincarnated as a good person [well Dracula seemingly was untill he completely hated the humans for burning his wife] with no memories of his former self, he heard about Dracula and as he progressed in Aria he knew he was him after absorbing Graham dark souls and with Graham realizing that he was not Dracula, then he confronted Chaos since he was slowly returning to be Dracula. In Dawn of Sorrow if he is not protected by the amulet [through if he has the amulet, Alucard appears to tells Soma about Celia plan] and after unleashing his anger from the death of the fake Mina he indeed became Dracula [Dark Lord Soma = Dracula] with his hatred towards the humans generated from a similar event.

Yeah, he also controls the abyss in the end. Anyways what's your opinion of the proposed changes? And should Dark Lord Soma be his own profile or where would he fit the best?

I agree with the changes, i think Dark Lord Soma should be a key in Soma's profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back