• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Something About Castlevania

No, that's not how NPI works, it's literally being able to interact with the being in question as if they're a physical object to interact with. Actually harming them isn't remotely needed, and Soma's still in the other dimension while being grabbed in the current dimension so he's still being interacted with.
It is needed in this case, for the reasons I just outlined (i.e. The avoidance of damage is given by the intangibility, so if you bypass the intangibility, you bypass this avoidance). You haven't given any rebuttal whatsoever beyond "That's not how it works," when it is, in fact, how it works by basic logic.

It being exclusively to the human world isn't my main argument, it's that creatures of chaos are outside of whatever cause and effect rules apply in the human world and function on different rules, ergo different sets of cause and effect. The Acausality page itself even makes this clear

It's functioning on different systems than the regular world, being outside the laws of the normal world means you're not bound by their systems and you'd operate completely different than normal. If I was arguing that Causality was exclusively to the human world only and they're above all of cause and effect then I would've pushed for type 5 Acausality a long time ago with that kind of logic.
Bolded part is exactly what's being contested here, so repeating it does absolutely nothing. You haven't proved that normal causality (What I've been referring to all along, by the way, as you can see by me using "regular causality" and the like in previous posts of mine, so the last bit about Type 5 Acausality just shows you're missing the point) is at all restricted to the human world, which is, again, what you have to prove here. "Outside human law" = "Outside regular causality" is only a sound argument if regular causality is solely human law to begin with, which is something to be positively proven and not simply assumed. it's like how you wouldn't assume that the Abyss is also outside of the laws of logic just because those apply to the human world. Same deal goes here.

Last edited:
Back