• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Castiel profile additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee_One

VS Battles
Retired
Right, so as shown by the Mami thread there are a couple things necessary that are not on Castiel's profile, this includes but isn't limited to

Time Stop: Significantly weaker Angels are able to stop Time for an indefinite amount of time.

Resistance to Mind Manipulation and Possession: Castiel was easily capable of fending off the souls he absorbed trying drive his mind and simultaneously possess him (Able to resist up to 30 million souls) insane as well as the Leviathan's.

Im fine with this.

We could add Resistance to Possession from when Lucifer needed his consent to enter his body.

Nico-v11 said:
Agreed. Although I don't remember casual Angels stopping time.
Iirc, in that episode where Cas' friend changed history, blah blah

PaChi2 said:
Im fine with this.

We could add Resistance to Possession from when Lucifer needed his consent to enter his body.
Angles always need consent when trying to possess someone so it's not resistance exactly.

Nico-v11 said:
PaChi2 said:
Im fine with this.

Angles always need consent when trying to possess someone so it's not resistance exactly.
Isnt that applied only to humans? Well, duh.

Nico-v11 said:
Wouldn't that be time traveling in general instead of stopping?
There was a time stop feat iirc.

Also the episode with the Moira sister.

I think we're safe to add the mind resistance.

@PaChi2 You mean Balthazar who went back in time to save the Titanic. I've got no idea what you mean about Moira though. I'm blanking our hard on that one

Mind Manip resistance to a degree where millions being manipulated doesn't work needs way more votes.

Here we see Castiel get the souls:

https://youtu.be/n_kxxvqDpWE

Here we see Castiel being corrupted (not possessed since he's still "himself" just bad):

https://youtu.be/OFaz5UpreO0

Here we see Castiel get back to normal (able to resist the souls control, though of course not easy):

https://youtu.be/qNRIDVgGgiw

Castiel eventually does get completely possessed but that's when only the Leviathans are left, before then he was able to resist Millions of souls.

This is like the span of less than a day.

Wait, resist mind hax that affects a million of souls or resisting the mind maniping effects of having millions of souls in him? I ask because the video suggests the former, which isn't on the degree of what you're stating it to be. The former is a very nice mind manip resistance, the latter is resistance to an unknown level of mind manip, which if anything, would scale to this event.

Millions of souls affecting him. It would drive anyone insane and he was able to briefly overcome it

Then yeah, well you can count me in for the additions.

Also I'm not sure what this would count as, but Castiel and his vessel somehow aren't really damaged by Lucifer possessing them, though Castiel does mention it has had some effect.

Castiel willingly allowed for Lucifer to possess him. The body of whom Lucifer possesses does decompose or rot however it doesn't for Castiel. I forgot the reasoning for that though

Nico-v11 said:
Castiel willingly allowed for Lucifer to possess him. The body of whom Lucifer possesses does decompose or rot however it doesn't for Castiel. I forgot the reasoning for that though
His vessel is super strong.

I agree with both the powers, but he did not match the Leviathans. They took control over his body, don't you remember? Okay that he could resist for most of the time, but he was defeated after all

Oh I agree with you but he still resisted 30 million souls at the same time even if for like 30 minutes and still capable of using his powers.

So it would require someone of about that level of power to affect him mentally.

Just to clear things in case of it not getting across, unless each soul on its own can mind control a person, then the 30 million would be an unquantifiable level of mind manip.

Demons in Supernatural are incorporeal souls that are capable of possessing one person (effectively mind controlling). So if follow that rule then one soul = controlling one person.

The souls in Purgatory are monsters though and they don't tend to possess however there are different monsters that ARE capable of it.

I suppose it's unquantifiable but it still means he can resist a lot of mind manipulation and possession.

I mean, I guess? Considering demon souls, as in the ones that are made to possess people, seem to be limited to one at a time, and only a portion of these are comparable. However, the issue here isn't the possessing part (Which reminds me, he should also have resistance to possession), its the "driving insane part" as possession and mind manip are two different things. There is also the issue that this seems to be a side effect of having 30 million souls, rather than them purposely doing it.

Because if I'm a soul and I'm absorbed, I'm not trying to take over his body for control, I'm just doing it because I'm there.

That's possession not mind manip @Gargoyle.

"The drives people insane part" is what I'm asking for feats wise.

The going insane part comes from him not being possessed but instead being corrupted by the souls. I suppose we could give him both.

Yes, he would have both.

There might be an easier way to access how potent the mind manip is, is it ever mentioned what the souls would do to a human's mind or how long it would take?

SomebodyData said:
That's possession not mind manip @Gargoyle.

"The drives people insane part" is what I'm asking for feats wise.
Oh I know, I'm just answering the later part of your post

More specifically the part where the souls fighting over eachother is something they're not doing.

Not that I know of. Although Leviathans and Ghosts are able to possess instantaneously.

The minds of Angels are different though. They are kinda like computers and are hardwired into a kind of hive radio (nicknamed Angel radio). Picking at the brain with a needle can change/activate different functions (example: sending a distress call through Angel radio, causing a seaside blackout)

Well that's not really useful in determining mind manip (or insanity inducement in this case).

Ok.

Ye, go ahead, mind removing the Mami thread while you're at it (Unless you want me to post the additions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back