• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Caster (Merlin) Upgrades and Revisions

Merlin's durability with magic needs to be upgraded since when he blocked Cu Alter's Gae Bolg he was in the enhanced America Sigularity form.

Merlin's Dream like Charisma is refered to as just normal charisma in one of the guides, so it would seem the effects are similar to normal charisma but modified. This should be reflected in the description of his profile.

Merlin needs reality warping, since his Illusionism is stated to be so good that he can fool the world and enviroment itself, and thus effect it. He already has reality warping on his profile, but the current feat that supports it is more along the lines of reality overwrite. Either way, these should be added as abilities

" Illusion: A
Magic that bewilder others. An interference of the mind, indicating false image projection and the likes to the real world.
With A rank, he can lightly produce a false image on the level of 1 village in the real world and fool everybody with it, much less a nightmare within the mind. " - FGO Material IV

" Illusionism : A

A magecraft for the use of beguilement.

Refers to interference with the psyche, and the projection of illusions into reality.

At a Rank of "A," the introduction of nightmares unto the realm of the psyche is a matter of course; and even within reality, an illusion on the scale of a single village may be manifested with ease, to the end of successfully beguiling humans. " -Merlin Profile

He needs Empathic Manipulation, since it is stated that simply being around him will put people at ease and relax them. I suspect this may also be what his dream like charisma skill describes

" Facing him, anyone would end up releasing the tension their shoulder, a refreshing man of justice.
Although, one can see the lack of tension and such together with the lack of responsibility, and due to that one ended up seeing him as a dubious swindler too.
He grasps everything objectively, and while accepting that things of the human world are harsh ones he narrates that "if it's only that, than wouldn't you thinks will get too boring?" " - FGO Material IV.

Shapeshifting/Transformation

" A prophet and adviser who made his entry in the legend of King Arthur as the court magus.
Arthur as a king have struggled and overcome many enemies and suffering; in times, Merlin guided him, and in other times he provided him assistance.
With illusion as his forte, he can transform to various shapes--there was a case where he had changed into the shape of a beast whose inside is not human--and his true form is not certain. " - FGO Material IV

He needs Soul Manip, since he was able to modify Saber's Soul to have a dragon factor. For context magical circuits and the like are housed in the soul. This soul manip is probably not combat applicable.

" Saber's father Uther Pendragon produced an heir with the Dragon Factor according to Merlin's plan. As a result, Artoria was born human but carried the magical power of Dragons.
Magic Circuits were unnecessary, Artoria generated mana just by breathing in harmony with the coursing of her blood. It could be called a "Magical Furnace" that was worlds beyond what mages had to offer." - Fate/Stay Night Material

Possible Memory manip

"After that I'll just do as I always do; disappearing completely from everybody's memory. Most other things, I can do without much fuss. But this alone, I can never get used to." -Merlin, FGO Material IV

He need Creation due to his item construction. Also, it is already noted on his profile, but unless you have an insane capacity for magic, the air of his Noble Phantasm alone is enough to kill you. Would this count as poison manip?

Could it also be radiation manipulation? That is a tough one. I agree with everything else, but as for the America singularity one. I skipped that and have yet to read it so i can't say on it.

Its caused by the sheer amount of mana in the air when he recreates the land of Avalon. If you aren't able to handle it (ie very attuned to magic), just breathing it in will cause your body to explode or something.

Is there a preassure manipulation? Atomspheric pressure changes?? Tough one to figure out for me...

Jordanbairdcreaturemaster97 said:
Does it specify how it kills you? If not it might just be gradual Death manip
The air is so charged with magic that, although for Merlin it gives him a great supply of mana and strengthens his magic, anyone else without such a capacity would burst from the intake

TheUpgradeManHaHaxD said:
Could it also be radiation manipulation? That is a tough one. I agree with everything else, but as for the America singularity one. I skipped that and have yet to read it so i can't say on it.
We could call it radiation manipulation since the magic does spew from Avalon, but it feels strange to call it that

Going by the summary of Radiation manipulation. "The ability to manipulate the emission or transmission of energy in the form of waves or particles through space or through a material medium. " To me it sounds like Radiation manipulation... but i will admit i am not too sure..

I disagree with radiation manipulation. It's just to do with quantities of magic, nothing to do with radiation.

Everything except reality warping seems fine.

I'm not sure if what is there is referring to physically changing the environment or just creating a false image over it though.

Would a "likely" in front of it satisfy? The second guide book scan I provided makes it pretty clear that he is indeed putting it out into the real world and not just the mind

He's definitely putting something in the world, I just can't tell from those scans if it's actually physically changing the world or just like a hologram.

Monarch Laciel said:
He's definitely putting something in the world, I just can't tell from those scans if it's actually physically changing the world or just like a hologram.
So would a possibly or likely make it better?

IIRC Merlin didn't nullify Tiamat's Chaos Tide, he repurposed it. Since the Chaos Tide was a constant source of life that continued to birth Tiamat's children, he redirected the life energy being produced by the Tide into his flowers, which caused them to grow everywhere.

Should be Life Manipulation instead of Power Null.

Back