• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cardfight speed downgrade

It's very clear that when souls are transported it doesn't scale to combat speed. There isn't a single example of mftl movement from a unit.
again that does not matter in the wiki
unless MFTL speed directly contradicts the plot or something

Also I'm seriously tired of no scans being provided with the claims at hand. As a third party it makes it really hard to evaluate properly when I'm just expected to know the damn series.
Apologies for that. My respect thread does have the videos with what im talking about, but IIRC, they were deleted because of something going wrong with my Vimeo account.

I still have them on my person though so when I have a free opportunity to (in a class rn), I can try re-uploading them again.

Apologies for that. My respect thread does have the videos with what im talking about, but IIRC, they were deleted because of something going wrong with my Vimeo account.

I still have them on my person though so when I have a free opportunity to (in a class rn), I can try re-uploading them again.
I figured that was the case, your not one to leave a stone unturned when your making a respect thread.

That's just soul summoning, not applicable in combat.
Blatant copout. For one, its not soul summoning since thats blatantly not how riding works. Aichi rode onto Ezel, and riding is when you possess a Unit. Not summoning a soul.

And second, that doesnt change the fact that Ezel still physically went to Aichi's location to be used as his Vanguard. That doesnt negate the speed feat.

Blatant copout. For one, its not soul summoning since thats blatantly not how riding works. Aichi rode onto Ezel, and riding is when you possess a Unit. Not summoning a soul.

And second, that doesnt change the fact that Ezel still physically went to Aichi's location to be used as his Vanguard. That doesnt negate the speed feat.
Yeah you're just reaching now, he possesses them after summoning. He even rides another unit prior.

32:38

No, the summoning and possession happen at once. Either way, it's semantics all the same that change nothing. Ezel still physically traveled to the dimension from Cray's universe.
He didn't, they're all summoned through the same means. It's also supported considering Takuto had to open a portal to cray just to send him back to cray and free the units from void.

He didn't, they're all summoned through the same means.
They are not.
It's also supported considering Takuto had to open a portal to cray just to send him back to cray and free the units from void.
And that is a lie. Takuto did that so that he would ride onto Ezel. It's also fairly obvious that Ezel was already on Cray since thats literally his homeworld, so no, he didnt need a portal to do that.

I figured that was the case, your not one to leave a stone unturned when your making a respect thread.
Okie so here are the episodes where my respect threads clips for the casual speed feats come form, timeframes embedded.

Episode 8:

Blaster Blade comes down as lightning when Aichi rides onto him.

Episode 11:

2 of Aichi's Units, Floral and Gallatin, both come to Aichi's side in battle as cloud to ground lightning, coming down in a second.

Episode 35:

2 feats here. One is Soul Saver Dragon appearing immediately as lightning comes down, and the other is Blaster Blade literally catching the lightning with his sword (which he didnt have out just seconds before it came down).

Episode 40:

Solitary Knight Gancelot, while attacking an opponents Vanguard Unit, moves as lightning in a split second.

Episode 50:

King of Knights Alfred coming into battle as lightning.

These are S1 feats but this should suffice. These are all lightning based speed feats that several Units do very casually without so much as a single expression of fatigue or notable exertion. Gancelots probably being one of the best ones since he's doing it just while going on the attack.

I dont see how being summon through lightning counts as a speed feat for their battle speed.

The Blaster Blade lightning feat is vague, we don't see when he moves and he could have very well moved his sword prior to the lightning traveling.

I dont see how being summon through lightning counts as a speed feat for their battle speed.
Because the Units are still physically coming into battle. As said before.
The Blaster Blade lightning feat is vague, we don't see when he moves and he could have very well moved his sword prior to the lightning traveling.
How is it vague? We see him standing completely still when Pongal roars, and then a second later when the lightning comes down extremely quickly, his sword catches it.

His sword wasn't unleashed when Pongal roared, so there is no reason to believe his sword was already out.

But they're not physically coming through, they're lightning and then they manifest physically once they hit the ground. Blaster blades summon demonstrates this perfectly as the dog is hit them he manifests.

He had plenty of time to pull it out while the scene was panning up to the clouds.

But they're not physically coming through, they're lightning and then they manifest physically once they hit the ground. Blaster blades summon demonstrates this perfectly as the dog is hit them he manifests.
Energy is still physical for one. And so what if they're lightning? They're moving as the lightning actively.
He had plenty of time to pull it out while the scene was panning up to the clouds.
Speculation that is unproven.

It's through summoning, so no it wouldn't scale to physicals.

It's speculation on both sides of the argument. The feat is vague as either one is a possibility.

It's through summoning, so no it wouldn't scale to physicals.
It doesnt ******* matter. Enough with this "through summoning" crap because it still doesnt change the actual point here. The Unit is still physically moving to where they are going.

That is a speed feat. Period.
It's speculation on both sides of the argument. The feat is vague as either one is a possibility.
With said possibility from my side being more likely since we outright see Blaster Blade's sword is not drawn. So the likelihood that he did before the lightning came down is less likely.

Seems to be wank, there's no proof they can fight in their physical forms at lightning speeds with the evidence you just provided.

We never see him move his blade, no way to know if he reacted to the lightning coming or prior. It's actually more likely he move prior to move his sword as it acts as a lightning rod.

Seems to be wank, there's no proof they can fight in their physical forms at lightning speeds with the evidence you just provided.
Gancelot by himself already disproves this nonsensical copout.
We never see him move his blade, no way to know if he reacted to the lightning coming or prior. It's actually more likely he move prior to move his sword as it acts as a lightning rod.
The sword being a lightning rod has nothing to do with this. The fact is that seconds before the lightning came down, his sword was not drawn. The likelihood that he would draw his sword in those few seconds when being first shown to not be using it at all is not a big likelihood.

I'm pretty sure he swung his sword I'm that attack. Lightning travel speed however could be argued.

It being a rod is very relevant. This way the lightning actually comes to his location. More support that he already had it out prior.

No, he was lighting for a split second then manifested back physically. Then proceeded to charge and attack. That would only scale to travel speed for this one character.

Provide a more clear feat.

No, he was lighting for a split second then manifested back physically.
Yes, while in the middle of attacking.......and lol @ only scaling to Gancelot.

At this point, this whole downgrade is pointless and is based on practically nothing but headcanon, repeatedly countered points, clear lack of understanding on the series and dismissive handwaving of context. As I said, im entirely against any downgrade at all and this thread needs to just be closed.

There were people siding, it's very clear their combat speed doesn't scale to soul transfer. Your feats blantaly debunk mftl combat speed as well.

There were people siding, it's very clear their combat speed doesn't scale to soul transfer. Your feats blantaly debunk mftl combat speed as well.
Imagine saying casual feats debunk consistent scaling. Or the continued saying of "soul transferring" when that isn't at all what the speed tiers use for the MFTL+ justification.

You have no legitimate grasp of how Vanguard or this site works here and it shows

I mean the feats are consistently shown to be lightning speed and below light speed. What more evidence is needed?
Again, we have another brilliant argument.

You haven't actually debunked Kukui dude. I've never watched or played cardfight but even I know your full of shit.

Back