• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cardfight speed downgrade

It is 1 vs several. Every iteration of Tsukuyomi in Vanguard battles shows her moonlight travels straight. That one battle with Asaka being the only likely exception at best where it isn't, making it a small inconsistency at the most.

If it is bending, it doesn't meet the criteria. I am pretty sure this was addressed in the starting of the thread.

Can you show all the other instances where it was used? And in how many instances did it bend? I can get claiming inconsistency if like, 99% of the showings depict it traveling straight. Is it shown to bend only on one instance?

Can you show all the other instances where it was used? And in how many instances did it bend? I can get claiming inconsistency if like, 99% of the showings depict it traveling straight. Is it shown to bend only on one instance?
I believe he's saying the light attacks had some straight and some bending. Although, they were all shown bending in the scan.

It is 1 vs several. Every iteration of Tsukuyomi in Vanguard battles shows her moonlight travels straight. That one battle with Asaka being the only likely exception at best where it isn't, making it a small inconsistency at the most.
Oh nevermind I didn't see this til just now.

I believe he's saying the light attacks had some straight and some bending. Although, they were all shown bending in the scan.
Yes, in that ONE scene. Thats it. Tsukuyomi's light attacks outside of this are never depicted to bend again, which makes straight paths the more consistent.

And I'll supply the clips in a bit as im in a class right now and don't have access to them at the current moment.

Yes, in that ONE scene. Thats it. Tsukuyomi's light attacks outside of this are never depicted to bend again, which makes straight paths the more consistent.

And I'll supply the clips in a bit as im in a class right now and don't have access to them at the current moment.
I'm pretty sure there's other scenes as well.

Well, if there are more than one instances of it, that makes it very easy. It would just mean the beams can bend as well as travel straight.

Well, if there are more than one instances of it, that makes it very easy. It would just mean the beams can bend as well as travel straight.
I thought the rules were strict lol but if accepted this would only apply to tsukuyomi's attack speed.

No, beams that can bend as well as travel straight are not accepted to be light. For true light beams, they need to strictly travel straight.

She's gathering light particles in the scene.

You also have it listed as a light speed feat in your own respect thread for the same reason.
"Light or Energy Manipulation"

Never once said that attack would be light speed. It would either be light manipulation in the sense that "light energy" is being used (but not in the sense of a light speed attack from this specifically). Or it would be just plain and simple energy manipulation for being an energy blast.

"Light or Energy Manipulation"

Never once said that attack would be light speed. It would either be light manipulation in the sense that "light energy" is being used (but not in the sense of a light speed attack from this specifically). Or it would be just plain and simple energy manipulation for being an energy blast.
Well you should updated your respect thread to properly reflect that.

Well you should updated your respect thread to properly reflect that.

That isn't the same as what you showed. Full Moon Tsukuyomi literally fires moonlight FROM THE MOON against her opponent. Thus, obviously moonlight.

What you showed is Cresent Moon Tsukuyomi firing a generic energy blast thats bright, which is why I said "light or energy manipulation" for that.

That isn't the same as what you showed. Full Moon Tsukuyomi literally fires moonlight FROM THE MOON against her opponent. Thus, obviously moonlight.

What you showed is Cresent Moon Tsukuyomi firing a generic energy blast thats bright, which is why I said "light or energy manipulation" for that.
No, I showed the proper feat. It even referenced the moon moving.

Then I guess Kukui needs to show the other instances where the specific attack travels in straight line. I can see the argument about consistent portrayal if there is only one scene where bending happens.

@ProfessorKukui4Life since I can't find the comment

If you're going to say that clouds being over the landing site is reason to assume the characters had to react last second... then you aren't really understanding how flight works.

In a civilian context, pretty much the entire reason IFR (Instrument Flight Rules) is a thing is flying at night and flying in clouds, with IFR meaning "Instrument flight rules". A lot of flight isn't done with the pilot's visuals at all. I think actually in the modern day a majority of it isn't because instruments can just see so much farther and with autopilot helping out, but I would have to check that. Clouds being near the ground doesn't mean the reaction had to be all at once after they got out of the cloud, in fact it probably means the opposite as they have to be more on their toes than normal because flying through clouds is a lot harder and needs more active attention to manage.

If you're going to dispute flight instruments, then I'm going to preemptively say that it seems real disingenuous to make the claim that these super advanced sci fi space ships are actually inferior to not only all modern aircraft, but a lot of modern cars.

@Wokistan I think your post is heavily misguided.

The reasoning wasn't just that there were clouds over the landing site. But that when they flew in, we saw their beam of light go over the ocean in an area with no clouds, while they landed on land in an area with clouds. This is either an animation error, or indication that they changed trajectory last-second.

And this feat does not involve super advanced sci fi space ships, the thing doing the traveling is a character's soul.

Back