• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Okay, Steve scales to Wolvie who's 333 Tons while Luffy no sells 516 Tons with punches and has a 2x AP gap with RFT so in the AP department he has this.

I don't know how good is Rogers when it comes to dodge because Luffy is a master with it.

Steve's skill and experience is something that Luffy has never experienced even for current Luffy. In terms of H2H I don't doubt that Rogers will dominate.

Luffy scales massively above Mohji and Cabaji who can fight on equal terms for 12 hours while sustaining great damage from each other. So they should be comparable here.

Luffy's greatest advantage is his physiology. His resistance to blunt force is easily the biggest of Steve's problems since he's not only weaker but also his attacks will do little to no damage so at most he can hold Luffy at bay.

The Shield is something Luffy he cannot break. But he's not stranger when it comes to disarm his opponents, so I can see him stealing the shield and throwing it out of Steve's range. And if you doubt about that, the moment Luffy grabs the shield Steve will lose it. It's Class M vs Class 5 after all.

And speaking about LS, Luffy could BFR him since Roger has inferior LS and has no flight to stop him mid-air.

I know I said that Luffy is clearly inferior when it comes to H2H, but don't look down to him. He has enough skill to make an attack hard to predict or he'd Danmaku Rogers. None of this are great advantages, tho.

So this is the summary:

• Luffy has superior stats.

• Roger is vastly more intelligent and skilled.

• They are both comparable in stamina.

• Steve's shield is the greatest problem.

While they have similar stamina, Luffy isnt getting a lot of damage and fatigue, unlike Steve, whose stamina will drain (slowly AF of course, but enough to provide Luffy the chance he needs).

Luffy takes this after a long fight.

Anyway, now that I have some time, I can't really see Cap solidly winning this one and at best he can pull an inconclusive

That said, I'm leaning on that more then Luffy for the following reasons.

Cap is amazing at dodging, the blog points this out above but in case some people don't wish to skim through

-Dodged every attack from Daredevil, an acrobatic with ehnhanced senses that border on Precog.

-Was able to quickly defeat a dude who was able to download all the knowledge on Martial Arts the internet had to offer again not getting hit once.

The shield only capitalizes his dodging.

Now for some counter points.

1. Luffy throwing the shield won't work, Cap has a Vibrinium gauntlet on his left and right arms that can call it back to him.

2. Luffy may get the shield out of his hands, but then Luffy is stuck with a shield he has barely any knowledge how to use while Cap has over 100 years of expirience with it (No really, check the blog)

3. Caps standard attacks won't do much damage, however, his Shield Throw and shield punch will, due to the Vibranium physiology of the shield, its razor edges will bypass said physiology and Cap can punch with said razor edges. (There's a Far Higher on his profile detailing this)

Now with my main point, Luffy is going to have massive problems hitting Rogers, his lifting strength will be an issue but his standard attacks will either get precoged and dodged or just blocked with the shield, Luffy will also have to keep the shield away from Cap because if he attempts to throw it Steve will call it back and know not to do said strategy again.

Now in regards to holding the shield, the Shield lacks a proper arm guard (For those that don't know that's basically the straps underneath the shield that allows people to hold it). Caps gauntlet replaces the arm guard with his gauntlet, so Luffy has a choice between very awkward s holding the shield without an arm guard, or just throwing it, considering the latter scenario makes much more sense on paper I see Luffy throwing the shield and Cap calling it back.

In summary, and adding what Calaca said.

-Steven has expirience and victories against people far more skilled then Luffy without said people getting a solid hit

-Luffy's stat gap and Blunt force resistance means Cap is forced to Punch with the shield or throw to do proper damage to him, but considering its sheer sharpness and vibrainum it can absolutely do major damage if it hits.

TLDR I think this can go either way and I vote Incon

What about the BFR? If Luffy gets a solid hit he surely will send Rogers flying to the next state.

Not only do I find it extremely unlikely that he'll be able to get a solid hit considering people far more skilled then Luffy couldn't.

He still has 24 hours to just run back. And speed is Equalized to the lowest value so this is a High Hypersonic character with ridiculous stamina running back.

Kay.

How Long is the range of the magnet for the shield? I'm pretty sure a Class K would throw the shield way more distance than a Class 5 could.

I'm pretty sure Range isn't tied to lifting strength but either way it's a couple dozen meters

That said, people trying to throw Caps shield away is a ridiculously common tactic people try against Cap, so I'm pretty sure he can anticipate it before it gets to far

Also, apparently from what I read on his match against Pyrrha, he has a wire attached to it at well.

Calaca Vs said:
Kay.
How Long is the range of the magnet for the shield? I'm pretty sure a Class K would throw the shield way more distance than a Class 5 could.
You mean Class M, right, for Luffy

I mean, being conscious about the tactic helps to an extent. If Luffy throws the shield he'll try to get it, potentially exposing himself to an attack. Luffy isn't a honorable fighter at all.

The distance a projectile covers is tiedto the force it is fired with. Even if Luffy has zero knowledge on how use it, he knows how to throw it.

@Kobs yeah, Class M.

Duel post.

As I said I find it more likely that he calls the shield back before he throws it too far, Luffy is concious about it sure, but there isn't much you can add to a tactic that involves simply throwing the shield.

Okay, for the shield edge's argument I have to say that Luffy no-sold the Desert Spada which acts as a cutting attack and has 516 Tons of force so it might not be the best edge.

I mean

His vibrainum was capable of consistently doing minor damage to foes in a far higher tier then him, that's on his profile as well

Plus, even that was true, that helps Luffy survive, not necessarily win.

He's still up against an opponent who, no offense to Luffy's skill, makes him look like a complete joke with a 4B shield Luffy can't reliably disarm.

Yes, if he's not able to disarm him, this is inconclusive.

And I said that Luffy is nothing new when it comes to fighting skills to Rogers. The only thing that is troublesome is the physiology and the stats gap, but isn't stupidly higher and Rogers fought people stronger than him before.

Capitan America from movies MCB? What you smoke bro?

Luffy East Blue Arc oneshots Capitan America. The latter is not even Building lvl in power.

And Luffy is a rubber man.

> Ask Ultron regardless this isn't movie Captain America.

Don't need.

My bad, I saw the pic of the Capitan from the movie and supposed that is from there.

Ronnijuro said:
My bad, I saw the pic of the Capitan from the movie and supposed that is from there.
Sorry for the misleading picture, it look awesome so I decided to use it. I change the picture though.

EDIT: This one is from the Marvel Comics, not the Marvel Cinematic Universe

VOTES

Captain StrawHat: 0

Captain America: 0

Inconclusive [The StrawHat Avengers]: 7 (Phoenix821, Js250476, Rei Rubro, Calaca Vs, KobsterHope07, Xtasyamphetamine, Schnee One)

Grace Period can begin

I haven't thought much of those; probably a Sanji vs Bang (OPM) or just for funs, the ever-so controversial Zoro vs Erza but I leave that one for Kobster and his World of Swordsman matches!

EDIT: I might do one one Pri-Pri Prisoner and Bon Clay cause why not! The possibilities are limitless

Back