• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cannibalized Worm: ReAlpha RP Thread

@Worm GM man

S.R.E.E. tilts her head. "I brought you back from quite literally death. Your neck was snapped by an unknown Parahuman nuisance." She says coldly. She frowns. "Hm. I'd think that humans would be glad to be given a second chance, if a limited one. You are far superior than your earlier 'model', so to say." She says in her emotionless robotic voice.

"... That would be best."

The team reassembles with some time, pondering what to do next.

"... They'll probably pick a new operation site, if they really do get away unseen. So... back to square one, I guess."

Man of the Mirror speaking as such broke the silence for a moment, only to have it simply continue afterwards for a bit. Then, Kenshin speaks.

"You said that the power of that robot had powers centered around transportation, right?"

"Yeah?"

"... What if they're related to Squealer, somehow? Maybe some kind of sibling that had their power mess up their body, or that body was a robot suit built for them somehow?"

"... I didn't detect any organic material in them, but... Well, we don't have anything, so it could be possible?"

"... If it's a lead, we should follow it. Though, from here on out, we're going to have to be careful... Depending on how deep we have to dig, one slip up and it may end with cape warfare in the streets."

"So this is where the fun begins."

"..."

The two youngers members look at Kenshin after he says that, sigh, then the whole team starts heading to Merchant Territory.

@The_Smashor

After you walk for a while, you reach the Docks. There's a few spray painted walls with ABB symbols around you. More of the symbols are concentrated to your left.

@Overlord775

Last Known Location: Arizona

Bounty: $3.5 Million USD

Info: Akuma has super-strength and durability. He has also demonstrated knowledge in martial arts.

Brute: 8-9

Hopper remembers that the agency has multiple departments with their own projects but that the main goal is to create results that lead to the advancement of humanity. Bounty hunting is allowed as it provides for research funds and is legal.

[ 2:00 AM ]

@TheDarkSide857

The back of the truck closes and it starts heading back in the direction of the HQ. Pzyko remains alone in his spot for a while before one of the gangsters find him.

"Hey Pzyko, the boss wants you to talk to you back at the base."

The gang member starts heading over to a truck and gestures for Pzyko to follow him.

@Junkoposter

Robo-Squealer looks terrified. "I-I died? T-then...what happened to Skidmark?"

@DMUA

As the group starts heading in the direction of Merchant territory, they eventually come across buildings with holes blown through the walls. On the ground, there are noticeably clawed footprints on the ground. The footprints look as if the maker was heading in the direction that the group came from.

"That's our lead..."

They pick up the pace significantly, following the tracks to trace where it came from as Man of the Mirror scans the area with X-Ray vision and Powersight.

"Now, that's more feasible, as i can rather easilly deal with someone who's only metod of attack if punching really hard, but that Brute rating is hella high ..."

Exciton Hopperis considering this one, but checks out more bounties before deciding, if there is any other bounty that is.

[Could you please show me more than 1 at the time Dragon ? Pretty please ?]

@TheDarkSide857

The back of the truck closes and it starts heading back in the direction of the HQ. Pzyko remains alone in his spot for a while before one of the gangsters find him.

"Hey Pzyko, the boss wants you to talk to you back at the base."

The gang member starts heading over to a truck and gestures for Pzyko to follow him.
Pzyko shrugs and gets to his feet to get in the truck. "Alright... is this important?"

@Worm GM man

"Also dead. Unfortunately, he was unsaveable." She bluntly replies. She probably COULD have saved him, but he honestly isn't worth the resources.

@DMUA

The tracks eventually lead to a hole in the wall of a warehouse. Going through the hole, they find themselves in the warehouse's garage. There are several vehicles that look like they've been modified to some extent and some that look like they're still going through the process. On the floor are some marks as if something heavy was being dragged around. Looking through the walls, Man of the Mirror sees a lot of dead Merchant bodies all over the ground in the main room of the warehouse.

@The_Smashor

At first, nothing happens. But after a few minutes, a guy peeks around one of the corners in the area. The two of you make eye contact, and then he runs back the way he came.

@Overlord775

Last Known Location: Unknown

Bounty: $5 Million USD

Info: Geist is able to possess the bodies of living creatures and enter a state where they are inaudible, invisible, and intangible.

Breaker: 6

Master: 6

Bounty: $1 Million USD

Info: Cutthroat has shown an ability to go undetected by any form of digital surveillance and even some cape abilities.

Stranger: 5

@TheDarkSide857

The gangster nods. "I've been with the Calaveras long enough to know that if the boss wants to see you, it's because it's necessary."

@Standuser081

Some walls you cleave easily through, but others are a bit tougher and you can only leave scratch marks. After some time, the voice comes from the speaker again.

"The data has been recorded. You can begin using your Changer or Breaker abilities for the next test if you have any."

@Junkoposter

Squealer looks crestfallen as she falls to her knees. After a few moments, she looks up. "S-so, what's going to happen now?"

@Worm GM lad

S.R.E.E. robotically tilts her head. "Currently theorizing new options due to unplanned factor. It is surprising that you have as much memory as you do after being 'dead' for as long as you were. Quite impressive." She bluntly replies.

Ako walks towards where the person ran off to.

"Listen, I just wanna fight someone. I'm bored as hell and have nothing better to do."

Last Known Location: Somewhere around Lake Superior

Bounty: $3 Million USD

Info:

Unknown ability that allows it to perfectly cut all materials without being seen moving. It can't be captured on camera or seen in reflections.

Stranger: 2

Last Known Location: Arizona

Bounty: $3.5 Million USD

Info: Akuma has super-strength and durability. He has also demonstrated knowledge in martial arts.

Brute: 8-9

Bounty: $5 Million USD

Info: Geist is able to possess the bodies of living creatures and enter a state where they are inaudible, invisible, and intangible.

Breaker: 6

Master: 6

Bounty: $1 Million USD

Info: Cutthroat has shown an ability to go undetected by any form of digital surveillance and even some cape abilities.

Stranger: 5

"Alright, so the Lake Knight and Geist are out since i doesn't have any reliable way to fight their powers, this leaves Akuma and Cutthroat. Akuma will be a bi*ch to take out considering that Brute rating, but searching an entire continent for a person that bypasses supervalance and detection would be even more."

"Time to go to Arizona."

Exciton Hopper thinks as he closes his computer and exits his room. As he heads towards the facility's exit to Arizona, he would check is tool bet is he has some tranquilizers dart or something similar, as putting asleep the big guy would be an easy way to take him out.

"... A lot of bodies around, as far as I can see."

Gurman nods his head as the team carefully proceeds through, looking around for more clues, or the suspect they're looking for.

@Junkoposter

Mecha Squealer looks confused. "I...um...thanks I guess?"

@The_Smashor

Following the guy down the path that he went, Ako finds himself surrounded by some gangsters from the ABB. The guy that looks to be the leader pulls out a knife and points it at him.

"Oi Gaijin, get out of our turf. Even if you're a cape, Lung won't appreciate you doing what you want around here."

@Overlord775

Exciton manages to find a tranq gun with some darts in his tool bet on his way to the teleportation room. The guy working the station sets up the coordinates once Exciton tells him the location he's headed to and a flash of purple light covers Exciton. Next thing he knows, he's standing next to a sign that reads "Welcome to Arizona.".

@DMUA

Going through the warehouse, the team finds all of the merchant bodies littered all over the floor. There seems to be an opening near the front of the warehouse where the suspect entered, but nothing beyond that to trace how the suspect made their way to the building. Judging from the wounds on the bodies, the team can tell that the suspect had claws and superhuman strength.

@TheDarkSide857

The truck starts and begins its path to the headquarters. After a while, it reaches the headquarters and the driver parks in an area where the rest of the trucks are being unloaded. The gangster turns to you. "Boss said he's waiting for you in his office."

I stand still, summoning SPD.

"Finally, some people to fight. By the way, the name's Ako. So, are you going to fight me one at a time or all come at me at once?"

Taking the scene in around them, Man of the Mirror speaks up.

"... Alright, I'll stay here and cover the exits."

"What, chickening out after this long kid? I thought you-"

"He has the right idea. He'd have trouble going up against an opponent like who we're trying to hunt down."

As Gurman aptly responds to Kenshin, Man of the Mirror nods his head, standing there as the rest of the team proceeds, trying to figure out wherever he is, or if he's already left.

"Welp, time to start searching."

Exciton says to himself as he begins to explore, investigate, try to find clues of where Akuma could be.

@The_Smashor

The guy with the knife curses in Japanese and the group rushes at you. A guy comes in from your left, trying to knock you out with a pipe. From in front of you, knife guy tries stabbing SPD. To your right, another guy is coming at you with his fists clenched.

@DMUA

After analyzing the crime scene, the team comes to the conclusion that this was where the figure from earlier got the two bodies that it tossed into the shipping container from. They aren't able to find any clues as to how the figure got to this warehouse.

@Overlord775

A few moments after Exciton walks into the city limits, he is immediately hit by a car. The impact knocks him back a couple of meters until he's stopped by a large rock. His rubber-like body prevented any real injuries from being caused by the attack. The remains of the call falls over as the perpetrator walks over while cracking his knuckles. The man's red hair remains unmoved by the desert wind as he grins. "I figured it was time to leave the city since I was getting bored, but it looks like I got lucky enough to get a parting gift for the road."

@Tago238

Once Jason reaches the top of the fire escape, he finds a man up there waiting for him. A familiar face looks down on him.

"Yeah, I don't think so."

The man with his old face pulls out a gun and shoots at Jason.

Without delay Jason lets go of the ladder and pushes himself backwards with his legs. In his descent he crouches into a ball to speed up the fall and uses his arms to block his head from wherever the doppleganger would be capable of aiming (this obviously being adjusted as time passes in his plummet).

"Who..... What the **** are you?" he asks as soon as he lands.

Last edited:
"We might have tracked him down to where he came, not where he went..."

"... Seems so. Still, we should call this in."

Gurman reports it in, as the rest look somewhat uneasy in this place, on top of the fact they know that their target is out there somewhere.

"You ..."

Exciton Hooper hops away from the rock, pretty much not showing any sign of damage, as it points towards Asuma.

"Shoudn't have done that, bucko."

He says in a threatening tone, using Power Vision to see the powers of the brute and how he uses them.

[BTW, the suit is still invunerable from when i searched the esperiment]

@Tago238

Due to his quick reflexes, the bullet misses his body and pierces through one of Jason's legs as he kicks off from the fire escape. The bullet goes all the way through and Jason feels a burning sensation in his wounded leg that quickly disappears.

"I'm your worst nightmare."

The man crouches and dives to tackle Jason while he's falling. The two collide with the wall on the other side of the alleyway and tumble to the ground. As they both get up, Jason can see that his right leg has melted off and is currently a pile of goop on the ground.

[Attempts at regenerating the leg seem to not be working at the moment.]

@The_Smashor

The knife guy starts cursing and punching SPD with his other arm, slowing down as the paralysis spreads to the rest of his body. The guy with the metal pipe slams it into the side of your head, causing you to fall over but receive no damage from the blow. The guy coming from the other direction catches you with a blow to your side as you're falling over. This hit actually hurts, making you instinctively cover your side from the pain.

@DMUA

The report goes through and in a few minutes another PRT vehicle pulls up with troopers coming out to secure the area. A little while after that, one of the troopers pass an earpiece to Gurman. Once Gurman puts on the piece, Armsmaster's voice comes through it.

"Good work today. This new mysterious cape's rampage could have gone unchecked if you hadn't managed to halt their progress. The city's going to get more dangerous now that the heads of the Merchants have been taken out. We're going to be counting on your team's support in the future."

@Overlord775

Exciton sees that Akuma's powers result in him growing stronger and faster while changing his form until he becomes a demon-like creature wreathed in red lightning. Along with this, Akuma has the ability to warp the space of anything he makes contact with. Akuma's preferred method of using his powers is running headlong into fights and keeping the battle in melee range.

Akuma's grin widens.

"I'm glad I got a punching bag that can take a hit."

He gets into a runner's stance, bursts of red sparks appearing around his skin.

Last edited:
@Worm GM man

S.R.E.E. just moves on. "Well then. Let me see if you can Tinker as well, or better, than you could before. Agreeable?" She queries.

"A power vacuum's reaaalllyy nothing to scoff at, nah..."

The rest of them stay quiet, considering their situation at large.

SPD immediately lets go of the knife guy and uses Omnicombustion on the guy who punched me, while also looking directly at metal pipe guy.

@Junkoposter

Mecha Squealer nods. "O-okay. What do you want me to make?"

@DMUA

"That'll be all for now. I suggest getting some rest for tonight. Chances to repose might not come by so easily in the coming days."

The trooper comes over to take the earpiece back.

@The_Smashor

Flames erupt all over the puncher's body, causing him to fall to the ground screaming in pain as he rolls around. The guy with the metal pipe takes a look at the knife guy and the puncher before dropping his pipe and running away.

They nod their head and take the opportunity.

"... Well, that's something else that'll keep me up at night."

Everyone eventually finds themselves at base, lounging around before Man of the Mirror throws that out there. A few

"... You really should look on the brighter side of things. We've got a lead and they probably aren't going to be hurting people anytime soon."

"Yeah, but-"

"Just don't sweat it, we'll find the next set of bodies tomorrow, I'm su-"

Gurman leans over and smacks Jack to interrupt that follow up.

"We'll go for interrupting it next time. They aren't going to get away again, I don't think. You saw their power, right? Maybe you could invert their tinkertech to counter them?"

"... Yeah, was sorta thinking about that. I think I could spent a little bit tinkering around..."

"I'll stay up to make sure you eventually go to bed!"

"What, you don't trust me to be a good influence?"

"No."

Gurman holds back a smile at the banter in his team, as he goes to sleep, and Man of the Mirror spends some time trying to build counter-tinkertech

As Jason lifts himself up he uses his stealth capabilities to sneakily grab some smoke bombs, grip them behind his back and activate them (perfectly timed so they can’t be noticed until he wants them to). In the mean time he scratches a bit of his wrist (still behind his back) to find out if he can still regenerate other parts of his body and continues observing what is happening to his leg.

“Bit self deprecating for you to say that isn’t it?” he comments before throwing one smoke bomb in front of him, smashing through the wall behind him and bolting through it whilst throwing more smoke bombs to cover his path.

Aggressive Grasshopper glare

"Mmmmh, considering things, the space warping is most likely the unreal power ... good thing i'm resistant to electricty."

"Anyway, i'll have to end this fight quickly before it goes ugly."

Exction thinks to himself, as he then takes the initative and dashes toward Akuma, throwing an hook to his face-

Using Shock and Awe is probably not gonna have much of an effect because of himself being an Electromancer, but he doesn't seem to have anything that would absorbs it, so it's worth a try.

@TheDarkSide857

The truck starts and begins its path to the headquarters. After a while, it reaches the headquarters and the driver parks in an area where the rest of the trucks are being unloaded. The gangster turns to you. "Boss said he's waiting for you in his office."
Pzyko casually kicks the door open and jumps out of the vehicle to trudge into the headquarters and make his way to the office.

Ako continues lying on the ground, content doing so.

SPD, meanwhile, uses Omnicombustion on the knife guy before using Trance to chase the pipe guy.

@DMUA

A comment from Transfer Student on the idea of a "super baseball bat to hit people in the knees with" sends Man of the Mirror into a fugue where he grabs and dismantles everything nearby that has materials needed to bring the items that had assembled themselves in his mind into reality. A few hours later, MotM is standing before his creations. On the left, a silver-colored club fitted with erratically pulsing metal studs that has a knob with three settings on the side of its handle. On the right, a few metal balls with a button on top.

@Tago238

The lookalike blocks his face as the smoke from the bombs spread. Jason lands in the middle of a living room once he bursts through the wall. Behind him, he can hear the lookalike's voice.

"You can run all you want, before the end of this day you'll be dead."

[The wrist heals itself at normal speed.]

@Overlord775

Akuma rushes forward as Exciton gets closer and tries to avoid the initial blow but ends up taking the brunt of it and gets knocked down. He uses the momentum of the fall to quickly recover from the punch and is back on his feet before Exciton can strike again. His skin turns the color of obsidian and the red sparks around him intensify as he spits out a tooth into the ground.

"It's going to take more than that to take me down."

@TheDarkSide857

Pzyko finds Luminary waiting for him behind his deck. Luminary smiles once he sees Pzyko come in.

"It's good to see you Pzyko. Feel free to take a seat."

[Whether or not Pzyko takes a seat, Luminary continues on.]

"I'd like to get a report of how the raid went. No need to be super specific, but I just want to know how it went from your perspective."

@The_Smashor

The knife guy bursts into flames but is unable to scream because his lungs and mouth are paralyzed. The guy that was rolling on the ground has stopped moving. The scent in the air reminds you of slow-roasted pork.

SPD follows the gangster as he goes takes turns in different alleyways until he reaches a building guarded by more ABB gangsters. The gangster starts speaking frantically in Japanese to the guards. The guards whisper to each other and then make way for the gangster to go inside.

Last edited:
@Worm GM man

S.R.E.E. brings Squealer 2.0 to a room full of random parts and the vehicles she yoinked from Squealer's old workshop. "Here are more materials. I have high hopes for you, seeing what you can make when in a bad state of mind, I await to see what you can make with a body the never tires and a now-healthy mind. Good luck." She coldly replies.

S.R.E.E. also starts work on more stealth bots, drones, and normal bots.

Back