• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can making an impact big enough to cause a dust cloud be useful for calcing durability?

Scottycj256

He/Him
I'm doing calcs for Mobile Suit Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans and this feat occurs in Season 2 Episode 1. I was wondering if using this could be used for durability calcs. Though it might have to be done with different variables considering this feat is done on Mars.

Other mobile suits are also shown afterwards as being unaffected while being in the middle of said dust cloud explosion, which was capable of reaching the mobile workers within seconds and cause considerable wind gusts.

Rarely. If it’s a big enough cloud then it might, but the dust lifted probably doesn’t need to weigh more than a few grams per m^3, so even if this were found to be, say 5000m^3 of dust lifted an average of 15 m, that wouldn’t break into the kJ range. You can’t assume this needed to be pulverized, since Mars is such a dusty planet, so there’s little chance for this to end up being a decent feat.

Tier 8, which is probably going to happen anyways due to sheer size of the mobile suits. But I wanted like 8-B to 8-A stuff. Not like 8-C/Building level, which would be their default rating if there aren't any notable feats in IBO anyway.

Dainsleifs are orbital railgun bombardments, so they could bump the rating up significantly.

feelsbadman

Dainsleifs are still probably strong enough to bump it to tier 8 though

probably

I'd have to check it over again, the Dainsleif bombardment that Mikazuki and Akihiro are caught up in in the final episode

And then rewatch IBO because i just realized I cant just go through the episodes by memory to find notable feats worth using in the first season

I swear to god i never thought I'd have more trouble finding feats for IBO than other Gundam shows

Back