• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can Alex consume Alucard or the other way around?

I have seen this debate go on for like years. I just want to know,

1. Can Alex consume Alucard from Hellsing or the other way around?

2. Can Alex take on powers of anyone or is it only those of the Black Light Virus?

3. What can Mercer consume or cannot consume?

1. I think Alucard would consume him.

2. I don't know.

3. Hard to say.

Mass effect ADC
What I think will happen if Alex try to consume Alucard. That's Alucard response.

He can take on the powers of others as long as those powers are based in there biology, though from what little I know of alucard he's largly supernautral and isn't liable to have his powers connected to his genetics thus alex getting powers from him isn't overly possible.

Alex can consume any biomass that isn't protected by asorbtion resistance, he can also consume some non organic materials such as military armor, clothing and radios, replicating them with his physiology. (the virus can infect non living things, such as street lamps, railings, and buildings...)

Alucard lacks resistance to absorbtion thus he could be consumed by mercer the other way around heavily depends. Mercer has resistance mental manipulation due to his hive minded nature and elizabeth green attempting to wrest control from him. I don't know the scale of alucards mental manipulation so it might still work.

Alex regen outpaces alucards, and Im not sure alucard can pass mid-high regen.(Again don't know the series so could be off) But alucards intangibility is a hard no sale on mercer as mercer cant damage non corporeal beings.

The pen or the sword said:
How does alucards absorbtion work?
I watched Hellsing.

Alucard's absorption works two ways from what I have seen. One way, he uses his familiar Baskerville the Hellhound to devour his enemies. However, the other way at the end of the series, he 'telekinetically' absorbed blood of thousands of dead soldiers and civilians in London at a rapid rate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23B5pa5N3H0

Although Alucard lacks absorption resistance feats, it's hard to conclude if Alex can absorb him since Alucard eludes the laws of science and is a completely supernatural entity.

Also, I'm not sure if Alex's Regenerationn outpaces Alucard's. Mercer's Regenerationn is dependent on mostly biomass while Alucard's is solely on the amount of blood or souls he consumed.

Actually alex mercers regen is no longer dependent on biomass, this was changed some time ago.

If he has no resistance than he gets absorbed if mercer touches him, at least on this site. Same thing should happen to his hell hound.

Mercer has blood but Im not sure if it honestly counts as such as its simply liquid viral biomass.... All this is acedemic though as all alucard has to do is turn intangible and mercer cant do anything to him.

edit of course mercer has no way to deal with soul manip so anything related to that is another no sale on him.

Actually alex mercers regen is no longer dependent on biomass, this was changed some time ago.
If he has no resistance than he gets absorbed if mercer touches him, at least on this site. Same thing should happen to his hell hound.

Mercer has blood but Im not sure if it honestly counts as such as its simply liquid viral biomass.... All this is acedemic though as all alucard has to do is turn intangible and mercer cant do anything to him.

edit of course mercer has no way to deal with soul manip so anything related to that is another no sale on him.
Then we should remove this from his weaknesses on his profile. And mind giving me a link? If I recall, he needed that crow's biomass to reform himself after that nuclear explosion.

Doesn't Alex Mercer need to weaken his opponent down a peg before proceeding to consume them?

I believe it does count since blood in itself contains an organism's DNA.

And even if Alex Mercer could absorb him, Alucard would dodge or avoid it since he has a slight speed advantage and superior reaction time. It wouldn't be so easily done just like that.

Shadows are also non-corpeal too, Alucard can turn into shadows unless Mercer has absorbed similar creatures like Alucard.

While Alucard lacks the evidence of resisting absorption, Mercer hasn't been shown to be capable of absorbing a being like Alucard.

Absorbing Alucard would probably do more harm than good. Unlike Mercer, He never actually absorbs their entire physical body, he just steals their essence when he drank their blood.

Their essence is their memories, knowledge, experiences, and etc. Something that in itself makes a 'soul'.

Alucard is technically an abstract entity, he was able to return back to existence after destroying his many souls except for Schrodinger's to come back whole. Whose to say, Alucard's own consciousness doesn't fight back by absorbing the memories, knowledge, and experiences of the victims Alex Mercer himself devoured?

Im not arguing mercer could win this, his weakness of regen stopping after loosing biomass is off his profile, he can still loose his evovled form from loosing biomass that is noted. Alucards nocorporeal form screws mercer hard.

Still not sure on the blood but eh. Thats not how it works on this site you would need evidence of alucard resisting absorbtion to use it as a valid argument, you would than need a crt to add it to his profile before it could be accepted.

He also doesnt seem to resist mercer gassing the area in blacklight unless I missed disease resistance in his profile. Not that it matters as the fight is likly to be incon as alucards absorbtion isn't garenteed to work, and mercer cant harm something incoporeal. Mercer also has no way past his immortality.

CRT that covered regen

edit Second crt covering it

So it would either be incon or a stomp for alucard if his absorbtion worked. as Ive said above mercer has no means to bypass his immotality or intangibility

But is there evidence that suggests that a virus or disease would work on a vampire or an undead character?

I don't think we should assume Alucard is effected by these things just because he lacks the evidence of resistance.

It's going to be a stalemate as neither can kill each other nor hurt one another.

No but you don't get resistance just because he hasn't devoured/infected something like alucard before thats not how it works on this site, youd need a crt to add those resistances and get them accepted before they could be considered valid arguments.(We should note blacklight can infect inanimte objects, such as concrete, ashphault, railings, street lamps and buildings) He doesn't have a resistance thus he can be affected.

Again all that is simply acedemic cause mercer has no way past incorporeal and immortality. And alucard has no way through mid-high regen....

Mercer was dead and the virus just took him.

And for the rest Mercer should be able to absorb all of Alucard mass just fine, also, he rarely uses his intangibility.

How does alucards immortality even work?
I just said it in my last post.

In order to truely kill Alucard, you have destroy the 3 million souls that dwell in his body to weaken him and stab him through the heart.

Really thats not what his profile says, he only has immortality types 1 3 7

Immortality: This ability is rather ambiguous, as Alucard himself has stated that immortality is a myth. However, what it most likely refers to is the human souls inside Alucard; it has been speculated that, when damaged by blows that would have killed or incapacitated him such as exceedingly holy weapons, the damage is instead directed to his reservoir of souls. Because this ability does not really grant him true immortality, it can be considered as pseudo-immortality. However, after "Monster of God" Anderson destroyed the rest of Level 0, Alucard was still able to regenerate on par with him. (This was on par with Alucard before releasing Level 0). However, the "soul count" theory is just a fan theory, and has never been definitively proven, although there is some evidence in the series to support it. When he is struck by holy weapons some of the souls spontaneously die even though they were unscathed. Also, at the end of the series, Alucard stated he returns by killing all the souls inside him but one. It was even speculated by Anderson, an experienced vampire hunter/expert, that this was the reason for his not being able to kill Alucar

No but you don't get resistance just because he hasn't devoured/infected something like alucard before thats not how it works on this site, youd need a crt to add those resistances and get them accepted before they could be considered valid arguments.(We should note blacklight can infect inanimte objects, such as concrete, ashphault, railings, street lamps and buildings) He doesn't have a resistance thus he can be affected.
Again all that is simply acedemic cause mercer has no way past incorporeal and immortality. And alucard has no way through mid-high regen....
And Alucard isn't an inanimate object, he's a supernatural creature that eludes the laws of science. And he's an abstract entity as shown as he destroyed all the souls he consumed to return back to existence.

We can't compare objects to something like Alucard.

Yeah but site rules mean without a resistance he is effected...Those are the rules.

In the end this still seems like a stalemate to me, eventually alucard realizes he cant kill mercer and goes incoporeal, after loosing a good chunck of souls of course.

Really thats not what his profile says, he only has immortality types 1 3 7
Immortality: This ability is rather ambiguous, as Alucard himself has stated that immortality is a myth. However, what it most likely refers to is the human souls inside Alucard; it has been speculated that, when damaged by blows that would have killed or incapacitated him such as exceedingly holy weapons, the damage is instead directed to his reservoir of souls. Because this ability does not really grant him true immortality, it can be considered as pseudo-immortality. However, after "Monster of God" Anderson destroyed the rest of Level 0, Alucard was still able to regenerate on par with him. (This was on par with Alucard before releasing Level 0). However, the "soul count" theory is just a fan theory, and has never been definitively proven, although there is some evidence in the series to support it. When he is struck by holy weapons some of the souls spontaneously die even though they were unscathed. Also, at the end of the series, Alucard stated he returns by killing all the souls inside him but one. It was even speculated by Anderson, an experienced vampire hunter/expert, that this was the reason for his not being able to kill Alucar
I highly recommend you watch and read Hellsing, instead of reading stuff off this site or another since you admitted that you don't know the series.

The souls are related to his immortality and why he is diffiuclt to kill. If it was never been proven, the Major wouldn't have let Alucard unleash his souls in the first place. After releasing his souls, his Regenerationn wasn't top notch like it was before, he can still regenerate, but not entirely as he was bleeding non-stop in his battle against Walter.

And in Seras' case, when she consumed Pip, she became stronger and her Regenerationn too has improved.

That is how their immortality works, the more souls they consume, the more difficult they are to kill.

Please do research on Hellsing lore instead of going by what the profiles say as anyone can tweak things on the internet.

Tony di bugalu said:
Mercer was dead and the virus just took him.
And for the rest Mercer should be able to absorb all of Alucard mass just fine, also, he rarely uses his intangibility.
Yet he uses his shadow form more so than intangibility.

Then again, Alucard enjoys fighting and technically wants to be killed by a worthy opponet, which is a human.

Alex Mercer doesn't have anything that can destroy Alucard's souls, man.

He doesn't have anything that can put Alucard down for good unless Mercer has soul manpiulation on his profile.

It's not going to be that easy.

Okay, if we going by the rules, does the virus have feats on affecting supernatural creatures?

The question was asked on the site, I answered from the profiles..... Changes to the profiles need to be approved by a staff member over a crt first. If you have a problem with the way his immortality is treated than create a crt and have it changed. Im not answering from a broader sense just in accordance with the sites rules/stance.

Has alucard ever regenerated from having all his mass consumed/absorbed?

The most I remember is him regenerating from puddles of blood and that puddle of shadows(wich is tangible IIRC).

So yes, Alex absorbs him and gg.

No but verse equalization means mercers powers work on him if he doesn't have a resistance...Thats how it works.

Edit the only reason alucards method of winning is in question is because mercer doesn't technically have blood. He has a bunch of viral tissue. Alucards ability may work but its in question.

Alucard on the other hand is still made of biological matter, supernuatral in nature but still biological. Unless you make a crt that clarifies alucard is not in fact made of biological matter verse equalization means mercer can affect him.

I thought he lost souls when his body was damaged enough, that the fan theory was he sacraficed them to ressurect?
It's most likely the case, but it is one at a time. However, the fastest way to do it would be if he unleashes all his souls and he is rendered vulnerable or...if you have weapons of holy magic or whatever to burn a ton of those souls within him.

And I doubt Alex Mercer has any means to destroy them and Alucard can only unleash his souls under the premission from Integra Hellsing.

Tony di bugalu said:
Has alucard ever regenerated from having all his mass consumed/absorbed?
The most I remember is him regenerating from puddles of blood and that puddle of shadows(wich is tangible IIRC).

So yes, Alex absorbs him and gg.
A shadow is a lack of light. Therefore, a shadow has no mass, for a shadow is not an object or energy. Shadows can go faster than light in certain cases because they are not objects.

Not even guns can affect ALucard's shadows.

https://youtu.be/YODvtc7-qk8?t=46

In shadow form, nothing effects him.

Like I said from the start this is liable to be a stalemate, as mercer cant deal with incopreal beings and alucard can't bypass his regen. the question i feel has been answered at this point, if you want it to continue make a vs thread.

But that fan theory isn't currently accepted on this site so....
So we're not going to accept that the souls in his body is linked to his 'immortality'?

Whether or not the theory is true, it doesn't change the fact that the souls are LINKED TO HIS Regenerationn and immortality.

Read over the profile, they mention his souls but its ambigous. If you disagree create a crt, provide evidence and have it changed. Thats all there is to this...

edit the question i feel has been answered at this point, if you want it to continue make a vs thread.

Like I said from the start this is liable to be a stalemate, as mercer cant deal with incopreal beings and alucard can't bypass his regen. the question i feel has been answered at this point, if you want it to continue make a vs thread.
And I've already stated why Mercer or the virus isn't guranteed to be able to absorb someone like Alucard nor consume him just as easily without weakening him (which he must unleash all the souls to be in such a state to begin with).

Read over the profile, they mention his souls but its ambigous. If you disagree create a crt, provide evidence and have it changed. Thats all there is to this...
edit the question i feel has been answered at this point, if you want it to continue make a vs thread.
Screw the profile, READ THE MANGA and watch the anime.

Again, the statements in the manga and anime are more factual than something made by fans.

And thats not on his profile, he is made of biomass, he has no resistance to disease or absorbtion, verse equalization means he is effected. If you want this changed create a crt

And thats not on his profile, he is made of biomass, he has no resistance to disease or absorbtion, verse equalization means he is effected. If you want this changed create a crt

So the profile is more reliable than simply reading the manga and anime? OK, suuurrreeee....

Let's go with that nonsense.

Its not more reliable but its how vs and debates are done here, from the profiles. With abilities that have been discussed, gone over, and approved.

If you have statements and scenes from the anime to promote your point make a crt, what is so difficult to understand about this? until than your point can't be considered valid in a debate.

Its not more reliable but its how vs and debates are done here, from the profiles. With abilities that have been discussed, gone over, and approved.
If you have statements and scenes from the anime to promote your point make a crt, what is so difficult to understand about this? until than your point can't be considered valid in a debate.
No, I gave you a recommendation to read the manga and watch the anime to understand the nature of Alucard's powers if you are unsure or skeptical, but you prefer to go by profiles alone.

No offense, I call BS on that alone, friend. Is it that hard study on a character you're not sure or skeptical of?

Using the 'rules' as a counter for this arguement to me is like a copout when all I did was give you a recommendation.

Mate I have no interest in disscussing this outside the profiles, I answered with the infromation on this site as that is what would be accepted in a vs debate.

Not on this site id agree mercer probably couldn't affect alucard but this site has strict rules on verse equlization thus mercer consumes him if he doesn't go intagible.

Oh god this ageing I thought this debate was dead ages ago

1. Mercer should b able to consume him yes but alucard not so much sine you know 7C vs 8B at best (since alucard mever really used that tk offensively) ain't no way alucard is even scartching mercer much less by passing his mid-high

2. As long as the powers are biological yes

3. Preaty much anything biological and even some none biological things such as armor cloth and radios

Back