• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alucard vs Alex Mercer (Here we go again)

I believe the only present issue is that Sun seems to believe Alucard can't absorb the bodies of his victims.
he can through baskarvil and it clearly takes more time without him because the only real example that we have of alucard being able to absorb a body whole is rip van winkle which took a substantial amount of time to actually do which in this fight is less than likely for alucard since mercer is outright stronger than him in ap and dura by an amount where he would be turning him to giblets each time he punched him

You have no proof that Alucard took substantial amount of time to absorb her. It being offscreen isn't an argument against its time frame, and we've already seen how quickly it takes for him to absorb millions of souls. It took him around a minute to absorb over 3 millions, bodies, souls and minds.

He also absorbed Schrodinger's body.

Regarding Mercer's absorption, we know for a fact how it works because it failed to absorb the hunter at first because it had two spines and two brains. This proves that he's breaking the spine or brain to absorb things, and therefore doesn't have anything beyond the physical, and also hints that he does it by taking over the nervous system.
False. Mercer falling to absorb Hunters because they themselves have resistance to assimilation abilities, allowing them to resist his own Absorption unless it involves heavily battering them and weakening them by destroying their extra brains, it has nothing to do with Mercer’s Absorption itself for why it fails on them without heavily battering them.

There is nothing implying his Absorption needs to take over the nervous system, when him absorbing inorganic matter completely goes against your assumption as clothing, electronics and metals themselves do not have nervous systems.

You have no proof that Alucard took substantial amount of time to absorb her. It being offscreen isn't an argument against its time frame, and we've already seen how quickly it takes for him to absorb millions of souls. It took him around a minute to absorb over 3 millions, bodies, souls and minds.
it literally took him half the god damned chapter to fully absorb her hell major and the doctor had the time to give a whole ass speech
and as for the million souls he did it through blood consumtion not body
He also absorbed Schrodinger's body.
again kinda blood but also dono know cuse the quantum nature of the cat makes it a strange concept as a whole

he did it through blood consumtion though
and it literally took him half the god damned chapter to fully absorb her hell major and the doctor had the time to give a whole ass speech
Talking is a free action based speech my guy. That's like me saying it took Freiza 6+ hours to blow up Nameik, Alucard absorbed the blood of 3 million people within a single minute. Taking one person's blood wouldn't take longer than that.

Blood contains one's very essence, and it's a physical thing as well. Your argument makes no sense.

I mean we never see the whole body being pulled in but whatever I am tired of the pointless debate of absorption of bodies read it more he can consume bodies but than again it clearly takes time and him being able to overpower his opponent he can't just touch mercer ones and win neither can mercer cuse low godly,

honestly the more I look at this the more it seems to be an inconclusive because we have 1 win con for both of these guys

alucard: gets off the mind control and absorbs mercers body
mercer: kills alucard anywhere from 120 thousand to 3 million times ( 3 million is questionable since alucard never really ran around with that amount of souls he quite literally lost them right after getting them)

So uh, when do you plan to make that Chainsaw Man CRT where it downgrades the verse’s Conceptual Manipulation Type 2 to Type 3 as you’ve said?

I’ve read basically the entirety of the Chainsaw Man manga, and I want to see how you would plan to downgrade that - honestly, any abilities revolving around Makima is so vague in its mechanics that it’s very difficult to evaluate her capabilities without using a bunch of NLFs these days, making it a bit too easy to upgrade using NLFs or downgrade her by debunking NLFs. XD

I mean I would personally wait for the part two be over since there is some weird shit with the war devil trying to restore the nuke devil through making chainsawman puke so that might be easier plus less of a headahce if CM type 2 gets reinforced in the future and we will have to re add it
honestly getting profiles made for unfinished manga is a mess

actually in the comics mercer has absorbed people with a basic touch but mercers absorbtion isn't the win con here
also mercer has absorbed multiple evolved at once who can like him function without a brain or organs so that is also not really the case
I don't know about the comics, although I do have them, so if I can dig them up I'll check that. Maybe. As for the Evolved functioning without brains, it's not so much about functioning, more about thinking. We know their virus can act on instinct without a brain, but we can't be sure it can fully function and think in that state. It didn't seem to be able to swim for example.
he never turned anyone to dust though the priest got turned into a pile of blood
that was through ya know punching through him
Actually, the priest bursting into blood hints at Alucard making him do so with his absorption abilities, given that the blood isn't moving how it would if the priest had just been splattered.
rip van winkle we honestly don't know how he absorbed her since it happened of screen or if he even did absorb her body
Her body isn't seen after, so it seems he did. It seems that like the priest he breaks the body down into blood or something similar and absorbs it.
I mean we still have to go over the fact will alucards mind mani effect a man with pre existing mind manpi resistence
Seras had one layer of resistance, which resisted an effect which affected a whole mercenary squad. Zorin broke through that layer of resistance.
and a thousand seprate minds on top of that
Technically Mercer only has one mind in control, the other minds have been absorbed and their knowledge taken, but it's actually only one mind.
as well as go over how alucard is actually going to get an absorption off on mercer since mercer is over 12 times stronger than him
Mercer's power comes from biomass the same way Alucard's comes from blood and souls, but we know Mercer weakens when he runs low on biomass while losing his souls does not physically weaken Alucard. So given some time, outlasting Mercer is definitely an option. It also makes plenty of time for Alucard to try his mind hax, and he doesn't use it to torture people like Zorin does; he prefers to control them. For example, he could make Mercer douse himself in gasoline and light himself on fire. He could make Mercer destroy his own biomass and let Alucard absorb him. Although, Zorin's choice to use memories doesn't mean a being without memories is immune. We know she can dig through and control minds. So Alucard has two win-cons, mind hax and outlasting followed by absorption. Mercer's win-con is killing Alucard 120,000 times.

Alucard most definitely absorbed Schrodinger's body, because a dead Schrodinger is literally shown floating towards Alucard in the river of blood, and Alucard absorbs all of it, including Schrodinger. And seemingly taking time to absorb Rip Van Winkle was actually him taking his time torturing her.

As for Alex absorbing clothes and electronics, the clothes is fine since most clothes are organic, but the electronics is contrary to his whole thing being biomass. I guess he could have broken or whole electronics inside him, but he's never been shown to recreate electronics. Heller's clothes which he creates were also created how he wanted them, they were never consumed.

I don't know about the comics, although I do have them, so if I can dig them up I'll check that. Maybe. As for the Evolved functioning without brains, it's not so much about functioning, more about thinking. We know their virus can act on instinct without a brain, but we can't be sure it can fully function and think in that state. It didn't seem to be able to swim for example.
There’s no reason to suggest it can’t.

Mercer, with a huge hole in his head, was implied to able to physically walk to where General Randall and Cross is right before regenerating that wound.

When Mercer was regenerating from the nuclear fireball damage, his body was already in a sitting upright position right before his head and skull was present (before it reformed).

One of the humans turned into Hunters in the Prototype comics, when it’s brain was completely blown away, was able to stand up and face the direction of the human, and get in the position of attacking before it got killed off by the human's attacks.

what? no I mean mercer was able to fully function think and even be capable of sneaking up on people with a huge hole through his head and evolved are basically the same thing as him
Actually, the priest bursting into blood hints at Alucard making him do so with his absorption abilities, given that the blood isn't moving how it would if the priest had just been splattered.

Her body isn't seen after, so it seems he did. It seems that like the priest he breaks the body down into blood or something similar and absorbs it.
re read the rip van winkle bit it does seem he did consume her but it took time as for the priest that is more of an assumption than anything since all we see is him explode although the blood absorption is a likely option but its an unlikely win con here since alex is again too durable to damage in such a manner
Seras had one layer of resistance, which resisted an effect which affected a whole mercenary squad. Zorin broke through that layer of resistance.

Technically Mercer only has one mind in control, the other minds have been absorbed and their knowledge taken, but it's actually only one mind.
not quite about the one mind mercer outright states that everyone he consumed is him outright as in all those minds are as much him as he is them
Mercer's power comes from biomass the same way Alucard's comes from blood and souls, but we know Mercer weakens when he runs low on biomass while losing his souls does not physically weaken Alucard. So given some time, outlasting Mercer is definitely an option. It also makes plenty of time for Alucard to try his mind hax, and he doesn't use it to torture people like Zorin does; he prefers to control them. For example, he could make Mercer douse himself in gasoline and light himself on fire. He could make Mercer destroy his own biomass and let Alucard absorb him. Although, Zorin's choice to use memories doesn't mean a being without memories is immune. We know she can dig through and control minds. So Alucard has two win-cons, mind hax and outlasting followed by absorption. Mercer's win-con is killing Alucard 120,000 times.
mercer doesn't fully weaken when he runs low on biomass his regeneration slows down his strength speed and durability remains the same no matter what biomass level he is at and outlasting isn't an option as both are immortal and have limitless stamina with mercer having enough of a gap on durability and ap(12) to be basically tanking everything alucard throws at him and consuming his body in the process to increase regeneration speed, fire wouldn't do much mercer has withstood thermaberic explosions with little to no damage before, the destroction of himself is an unknown but that could be a win con for alucard.

so now that we gone through it its either alucard gets off an out of character mind manip(which we don't know how it works since he used it ones on a basic human) or mercer kills Alucard 120,000 times

honestly incon in my opinion or alucard wins like 5.5/10 times

As for Alex absorbing clothes and electronics, the clothes is fine since most clothes are organic, but the electronics is contrary to his whole thing being biomass. I guess he could have broken or whole electronics inside him, but he's never been shown to recreate electronics. Heller's clothes which he creates were also created how he wanted them, they were never consumed.
Yes he can. He’s recreated electronics using nothing but biomass, and it worked the exact same way as actual electronics like how he mimicked the Radio Transceivers, with his viral Radio Transceivers even being able to communicate with actual Radio Transceivers.

The Word of God statement even says that he can assimilate ANYTHING, including metals.

I mean he can use radios that he consumes so yeah its pretty weird

also there is a fact that heller is able to recreate a functional gas mask in a white light mission where he releases a bunch of harmful white light that could kill him but because he absorbed a gas mask and recreated it he can now just walk through the white light no problem

and then we have black light infested white light easily going through the same gas masks and ripping apart and disassembling the armor of blackwatch soldiers

yeah ok I have come to a conclusion

Alucard wins 5.5/10 due to the mind control being a 2 layer one and while there is an argument for a two layer mind manip for greene and two layer resist for mercer with the hive mind mess being able to control the infected even without a runner and greene in turn being able to control the hive mind and even start to effect people like mercer who are outright immune to the hiveminds effects (she was able to get into his mind but wasn't able to effect it) but honestly I am not getting into that type of a debate because it will take about a 100 ******* days to properly sort out

so yeah alucard extreme diffs mercer after getting utterly oblitirated physically for about a solid hour or two and goes for mind control which is probably going to effect mercer through the double layered mind manip thing

Alucard has used his mind hax twice, in addition to his fear hax, which is shown to include mentally taunting his target when he telepathically told Rip Van Winkle he was coming for her, all the time. So it's not exactly out of character to use it. If he finds himself being overwhelmed, and realized that Mercer is neither a vampire, nor a werewolf, nor a regenerator, the first two of which he'll probably know instantly, he likely would at very least use his telepathy and fear hax, and his mind hax would likely be used eventually. Walter and Anderson for example would have had resistance to it.

Alucard has used his mind hax twice, in addition to his fear hax, which is shown to include mentally taunting his target when he telepathically told Rip Van Winkle he was coming for her, all the time. So it's not exactly out of character to use it. If he finds himself being overwhelmed, and realized that Mercer is neither a vampire, nor a werewolf, nor a regenerator, the first two of which he'll probably know instantly, he likely would at very least use his telepathy and fear hax, and his mind hax would likely be used eventually. Walter and Anderson for example would have had resistance to it.
i mean he never attempted mind manip on either anderson or walter he did use telepathy on walter though I think but that is a different thing

yeah alucard wins through mind manip after he gets pushed into using it

@LordGinSama and @Random-Helper323, you guys' points basically made this a stomp in Alucard's favour at best, especially when Alucard no longer plays around and pops out some of his hax abilities, one of them including the Layered Mind Manipulation. XD

And you know what happens with stomp threads? They don't get added to the two combatants' profiles, and might even get closed if one of the Staff members gets notified of this. ^_^;

i mean he never attempted mind manip on either anderson or walter he did use telepathy on walter though I think but that is a different
Walter had resistance to mind hax via being turned into a vampire, and Monster Anderson is implied to be mindless, acting only in will of his God. No point in mind haxing a guy who's essentially a mindless mass of holy vines.

Actually yeah, does Mercer has an answer to passive fear hax?
Depends on the "Types" of the Fear Manipulation.

Is it Biochemical, Neurological or Mystical?

If you want to include Alucard's Fear hax as a win condition, you must also specify what type of Fear hax it is to the best of your knowledge.

Mercer can resist Biochemical for sure via Resistance to Biological Manipulation (or at least, he definitely will if my new CRT succeeds), Neurological could be resisted as long as the mind-haxing isn't Layered (so it isn't above baseline) via Resistance to Mind Manipulation, but he has no defenses against Mystical.

If you want to include Alucard's Fear hax as a win condition, you must also specify what type of Fear hax it is to the best of your knowledge.

Mercer can resist Biochemical for sure (or at least, he definitely will if my new CRT succeeds), Neurological could be resisted as long as the mind-haxing isn't Layered (so it isn't above baseline), and he has no defenses against Mystical.
unless the mystical hax is reliant on a soul

i mean he never attempted mind manip on either anderson or walter he did use telepathy on walter though I think but that is a different thing
Anderson is a vampire hunter, so I'd say he'd in theory need resistance. Of course Alucard had personal reasons not to use dirty tricks on Anderson. He wouldn't have the same respect for Mercer.

As for Walter, Alucard fought just as dirty as Walter did precisely because he didn't respect him, and yet he never tried mind hax, suggesting he knew it wouldn't work. I guess it's possible he wanted to crush him without it just to taunt him more, but then he wanted to finish him and catch up to Integra.
yeah alucard wins through mind manip after he gets pushed into using it
Mind hax is generally Alucard's best offensive hax.

Mercer can resist Biochemical for sure (or at least, he definitely will if my new CRT succeeds), Neurological could be resisted as long as the mind-haxing isn't Layered (so it isn't above baseline), and he has no defenses against Mystical.
He directly effects the consciousness, and its based upon his own vampiric hax so I suppose its types 2 and 3?

@LordGinSama and @Random-Helper323, you guys' points basically made this a stomp in Alucard's favour at best, especially when Alucard no longer plays around and pops out some of his hax abilities, one of them including the Layered Mind Manipulation. XD

And you know what happens with stomp threads? They don't get added to the two combatants' profiles, and might even get closed if one of the Staff members gets notified of this. ^_^;
ah what can ya expect when you put two massive smurfs against one another it will always come down to ability that can turn the tide into a stomp

He directly effects the consciousness, and its based upon his own vampiric hax so I suppose its types 2 and 3?
Mystical?

Then he has no defenses against Mystical Fear hax. XD

Also, for the record, there's no numbers for the Types for Fear Manipulation like "Types 2 and 3", only "Biochemical", "Neurological" and "Mystical".

although got to say the hole layered mind manip thing could in theory work with mind manip based on pure number of minds one can effect
because I mean if a person can for example effect a trillion minds without breaking a sweat you'd expect them to also be able to effect a person who can only resist mind manipulation from characters that can effect a single person at a time or like a handful of people

So uh, when do you plan to make that Chainsaw Man CRT where it downgrades the verse’s Conceptual Manipulation Type 2 to Type 3 as you’ve said?

I’ve read basically the entirety of the Chainsaw Man manga, and I want to see how you would plan to downgrade that - honestly, any abilities revolving around Makima is so vague in its mechanics that it’s very difficult to evaluate her capabilities without using a bunch of NLFs these days, making it a bit too easy to upgrade using NLFs or downgrade her by debunking NLFs. XD
So, when are you going to do that, @LordGinSama? Are you going to be doing it somewhere this week/month or are you going to wait for Part 2 to be done?

I don't want some mere BDSM-like Thot have the possibilities of beating a Gigachad like Gojo after all.

Passive fear hax, TK, Regeneration Negation, Poison manipulation, intangibility, Phasing, Absorbtion, etc.

That's just dishonest lol. That's like me as an InFamous fan saying that Mercer only has like 1 form of hax in comparison to Cole's bigger wall of hax.
regeneration negation is not really an offensive hax, poison manip i honestly missed, intangibility isn't an offensive hax same with phasing, his absorption is relaint on overpowering the opponent first and isn't touch based so isn't an offensive hax either to be honest, TK and fear hax true had a brain fart on those

It might be a stomp, if anything that would only serve to show Alucard is on his way up. I was only called here to discuss Alucard's abilities. I really don't mind if it gets added or not. Word of advice though, from someone whose push for self-improvement borders on obsessive and makes most people think I'm weirdly focused and humble, or usually just weird, the tone here implies a bit of a sassy attitude, and it's far better to approach things with a strong inner core than with a sassy attitude to everything. It makes yourself far stronger and is less likely to rub people the wrong way. The sass is definitely not advisable.

regeneration negation is not really an offensive hax, poison manip i honestly missed, intangibility isn't an offensive hax same with phasing, his absorption is relaint on overpowering the opponent first and isn't touch based so isn't an offensive hax either to be honest, TK and fear hax true had a brain fart on those
His absorption works with his TK, he can absorb shit with his mind as long as there's blood present.

It might be a stomp, if anything that would only serve to show Alucard is on his way up. I was only called here to discuss Alucard's abilities. I really don't mind if it gets added or not. Word of advice though, from someone whose push for self-improvement borders on obsessive and makes most people think I'm weirdly focused and humble, or usually just weird, the tone here implies a bit of a sassy attitude, and it's far better to approach things with a strong inner core than with a sassy attitude to everything. It makes yourself far stronger and is less likely to rub people the wrong way. The sass is definitely not advisable.
eh a bit of sas is good, taking VS battles too seriously is kinda silly all things considered. I mean we are putting two massive edge lords from two seprate franchises against one another and trying to figure out who wins
having a bit of fun is a must in this type of thing other wise its just outright weird

Alucard's offensive hax are fear hax first, as it gives him an early edge, followed by poison manipulation via the Jackal, followed by telekinesis and mind hax that rips through a layer of resistance which blocked a lesser illusion which affected thirty or so trained soldiers.

Back