• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alucard vs Alex Mercer (Here we go again)

It might be a stomp, if anything that would only serve to show Alucard is on his way up. I was only called here to discuss Alucard's abilities. I really don't mind if it gets added or not. Word of advice though, from someone whose push for self-improvement borders on obsessive and makes most people think I'm weirdly focused and humble, or usually just weird, the tone here implies a bit of a sassy attitude, and it's far better to approach things with a strong inner core than with a sassy attitude to everything. It makes yourself far stronger and is less likely to rub people the wrong way. The sass is definitely not advisable.
The last sentence might have been typed down without much forethought. My apologies, that was not my intention, since I honestly don't take much of that approach even in the past threads, and sass was not my intention for this particular sentence (I may or may not have been a bit sassy in the past, but this particular sentence having sass was not my intention). ^^;

Still though, if this is a stomp, then there isn't much point in debating further. Usually, such threads gets closed either by Staff members or it gets left to complete inactivity over the years.

Alucard can also use his TK to restrict or tear opponents apart. You can argue his absorption also negates up to High levels of Regeneration since he's assimilating all 3 aspects of your existence into his own. That being the body, mind and soul.

The last sentence might have been typed down without much forethought. My apologies, that was not my intention, since I honestly don't take much of that approach even in the past threads, and sass was not my intention for this particular sentence (I may or may not have been a bit sassy in the past, but this particular sentence having sass was not my intention). ^^;
Fair enough. My advice is actually generally for life rather than just vs stuff. I'm so obsessed with self-improvement for myself that I advise people on what works for me and what actions I know don't work. It's fine if sass wasn't your intention of course. Minor and occasional stuff is fine, it's the people who do it all the time who are making a big mistake.
Still though, if this is a stomp, then there isn't much point in debating further. Usually, such threads gets closed either by Staff members or it gets left to complete inactivity over the years.
True. There is a reason why Alucard and Alex both usually fight enemies stronger than themselves.

Honestly I'm sure Seras vs another lesser Prototype character that would be a lot more fair than this.
I don't know, man. Maybe compared to this matchup, but I'm not sure if it's fair overall even for that Seras vs another Prototype character matchup.

Does Seras herself have Low-Godly regeneration? Or is that type of regeneration more reserved for Alucard's, and her Regeneration scale is actually significantly lower compared to Alucard's?

Her Regeneration makes a huge difference for the fairness of such matchups.

I don't know, man. Maybe compared to this matchup, but I'm not sure if it's fair overall even for that Seras vs another Prototype character matchup.

Does Seras herself have Low-Godly regeneration? Or is that type of regeneration more reserved for Alucard's, and her Regeneration scale is actually significantly lower compared to Alucard's?
No, she doesn't have Low-Godly only Mid levels of Regeneration iirc. It's reserved for Alucard since he has fine tune over his vampiric abilities and is the only vampire shown being able to sacrifice his lives to regenerate.

Seras probably could use the same level of Regeneration as Alucard but she'd never sacrifice Pip, plus unlike Alucard she doesn't have millions of lives.

seras could only beat like hunters and the like, I mean we could put her up against greene but that would be a stomp since ya know 8-B

No, she doesn't have Low-Godly only Mid levels of Regeneration iirc. It's reserved for Alucard since he has fine tune over his vampiric abilities and is the only vampire shown being able to sacrifice his lives to regenerate.

Seras probably could use the same level of Regeneration as Alucard but she'd never sacrifice Pip, plus unlike Alucard she doesn't have millions of lives.
Then I guess she straight up loses against any one of the Redlight infected or Blacklight infected within her AP range, because the moment any one of them so much as scratch her even the slightest could have all the molecules of her body become infected - and all because she isn't as willing to sacrifice the soul within her like Alucard's does. XD

Ironically, still fairer than this matchup.

in that case greene would be the best match up
right now though seras gets stomped by anyone higher than low mid tiers of prototype

Then I guess she straight up loses against any one of the Redlight infected or Blacklight infected within her AP range, because the moment any one of them so much as scratch her even the slightest could have all the molecules of her body become infected - and all because she isn't as willing to sacrifice the soul within her like Alucard's does. XD

Ironically, still fairer than this matchup.
super soldiers and robert cross mate

super soldiers and robert cross mate
They don't passive infect other living beings the moment they bite/scratch those beings like the mutated Infected do (mostly because they don't fight by biting and scratching because they use fists or weapons respectively), so Seras can deal with them pretty fine - it's the mutated Infected (or the Elizabeth/Evolved/Alex/James) that she would die against without playing her cards right.

They don't passive infect other living beings the moment they bite/scratch those beings like the mutated Infected do (mostly because they don't fight by biting and scratching because they use fists or weapons respectively), so Seras can deal with them pretty fine - it's the mutated Infected (or the Elizabeth/Evolved/Alex/James) that she would die against without playing her cards right.
I mean that goes for pretty much eveyone in hellsing other than alucard and shrodinger
any of the evoloved in prototype even if we give hellsing high scaling with 8B+ ap would smack down the whole verse other than the edge miser himself alucard

I mean that goes for pretty much eveyone in hellsing other than alucard and shrodinger
any of the evoloved in prototype even if we give hellsing high scaling with 8B+ ap would smack down the whole verse other than the edge miser himself alucard
Schrodinger could survive with his metaphysical teleportation-esque ability of being "everywhere and nowhere" at once allowing him to be present at other locations (which also grants him Low-Godly Regeneration). Just saying. XD

Why not do D (Vampire Hunter D) vs Alucard. Surely that's a fairer matchup than this.
Yeah, D's final key fits well, you know, the Low 1-C one? And no ironic stomp-fest starring Alucard would be complete without some classic opponents of his like Dracula from Castlevania, Dante from Devil May Cry or Kratos from God of War. You know, the tier 1 and 2 guys with hax walls tall enough to keep birds out? We can see how bad the stomps can get.

Admittedly that could be funny in the fun and games forum, although it would be seen as spite even if we were just messing around.

In all seriousness, Alucard will be hard to use for matches, another Ainz Ooal Gown. Dio is probably another stomp in Alucard's favour, all the matches I listed above are horrific stomps in the other guys' favour, and I think that will be the overall theme until Alucard gets an AP upgrade.

I disagree

😀
With Alucard's regeneration, Dio can't kill him unless he kills him 120,000 times, and that option vanishes if Schrodinger is used.

That leaves us with a mental hax battle, and then it goes from stalemate to bug versus boot. Let's look at their mental attack chops.

Dio: can hypnotise and flesh bud humans, with hypnosis only working on the weak-minded. Has never faced an enemy with mental resistance, nor does he have any resistance. So in other words, no mind resistance at all, and mind hax which has never gone up against resistance and even has trouble controlling people with strong willpower.

Mind hax layers: 1
Resistance layers: 0

Alucard: can hypnotise people, and scales above Zorin who mind haxed Seras, who had previously resisted an illusion which haxed an entire mercenary squad. Alucard also scales above True Vampire Seras, who after getting stronger resisted the mind hax that had previously beaten her. Keep in mind Alucard scales higher than these things.

Mind hax layers: 2
Resistance layers: 2

So in a mental battle Dio is woefully outclassed.

With Alucard's regeneration, Dio can't kill him unless he kills him 120,000 times, and that option vanishes if Schrodinger is used.

That leaves us with a mental hax battle, and then it goes from stalemate to bug versus boot. Let's look at their mental attack chops.

Dio: can hypnotise and flesh bud humans, with hypnosis only working on the weak-minded. Has never faced an enemy with mental resistance, nor does he have any resistance. So in other words, no mind resistance at all, and mind hax which has never gone up against resistance and even has trouble controlling people with strong willpower.

Mind hax layers: 1
Resistance layers: 0

Alucard: can hypnotise people, and scales above Zorin who mind haxed Seras, who had previously resisted an illusion which haxed an entire mercenary squad. Alucard also scales above True Vampire Seras, who after getting stronger resisted the mind hax that had previously beaten her. Keep in mind Alucard scales higher than these things.

Mind hax layers: 2
Resistance layers: 2

So in a mental battle Dio is woefully outclassed.
Oh I tougth you meant with speed equalized

Use Alex in his strongest with speed Not equalize
that wouldn't change much mercer in the first key already has an ap adventage that is in the one shot teritory and is durable enough to ignore all of alucards attacks other than mind manip and fear hax
the result is the same with maybe a difference of alucard being trashed around for a bit longer

Alucard is faster than Alex even at his strongest, so not equalizing speed actually screws Alex even more here, making it even more of a stomp.
eh I mean alex at his strongest is hypersonic+ so at least 10 times the speed of sound while alucard is 33 times the speed of sound it isn't a blitz

eh I mean alex at his strongest is hypersonic+ so at least 10 times the speed of sound while alucard is 33 times the speed of sound it isn't a blitz
That's 3.3x speed difference between them. 3 times speed difference could actually be enough to qualify as a speed blitz if the distance is close enough, like a several arms length away or so.

And 3.3x speed gap is definitely enough for Alucard to get out his hax abilities faster than Mercer can.

oh wait I just thought of something this can be a match that can be added if we just say alucard starts of at level 0 so it will give both parties win cons
alex through full absorption of alucard
and alucard through mind manip
We will have to do it with both being bloodlusted though since alucard is less likely to go straight for mind manip without that

so it will actually be a debate on which one of them gets to pull of their win con first mercer or alucard

it will be inconc or alucard pulls off the mind manip and wins but at least we get a result than just a plain old stomp thread

oh wait I just thought of something this can be a match that can be added if we just say alucard starts of at level 0 so it will give both parties win cons
alex through full absorption of alucard
and alucard through mind manip
We will have to do it with both being bloodlusted though since alucard is less likely to go straight for mind manip without that

so it will actually be a debate on which one of them gets to pull of their win con first mercer or alucard
I think that's only valid if Alucard's Level 0 actually has its own key in his profile... Which it doesn't.
Just saying. This site can be quite strict for the standards of how character matchups are added to the combatants' profiles after all.

So it's probably still a stomp.

Starting Alucard at level 0 is dumb tbh, it's his weakest and most vulnerable form. He only uses it if he's outnumbered by an army numbering in the millions, plus I think it also requires prep time since he needs his coffin which isn't standard for him to have.

Back