• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can Alex consume Alucard or the other way around?

The pen or the sword said:
Thats possesion not absorbtion though, has he done this to sentient beings? is it combat applicable? Including those that resist mental manip?
Hmm...has he ever used this storage ablitity in combat? To store an enemy? If nothing else it should be added he has a form of noncoporeal storage.
Yes, by having seemingly endless amount of ammo for his guns. Where else could he store his bullets? Also, when he transformed, he was able to bring his handguns out from his own shadows...including his own hellhound's mouth from his fight with Luke Valentine.

So, Alucard can store inaimate objects inside himself for combat.

Im not sure it really helps against mercer but that should definitly be made into a crt so it can be added to his profile.
It is possible since Mercer is a object, but not as easily. And I agree, I shall see about adding this on for approval.

Maybe but the fact mercer is a sentient moving enemy and not a simple object makes me doubt, that plus alucard has never used the ability to store an enemy in the past means it may not be possible and if it is its out of character.

Like alucards intangibility hes not liable to use the ability (if it would even work) before mercer has absorbed/infected him.

Maybe but the fact mercer is a sentient moving enemy and not a simple object makes me doubt, that plus alucard has never used the ability to store an enemy in the past means it may not be possible and if it is its out of character.

Like alucards intangibility hes not liable to use the ability (if it would even work) before mercer has absorbed/infected him.
But wait, doesn't storing the 3 million souls of those he killed count? I am confused.

But wait, doesn't storing the 3 million souls of those he killed count? I am confused.

Thats not really storage its absorption

That would be like saying mercer has storage cuse he stores the biomass of thoses he absorbs Its kinda irelevant

Spawn888 said:
Ah, thanks for stalking my profile.

However, you don't even know what I've gone through on this site as a whole, my friend. It is more than just me trying to make pages right and wanting approval.
Stalking huh? Ok then

Well anyhow you haven't been much through anything on this site you've been in a few debates you stoped doing anything on this site for almost 3 years You came back and tried to downgrade kratos failed, whent to his profile anyhow and downgraded his ap dura and speed without premision. Then a revision thread on which people actually agreed with you but not on everything yet you think your crt woun't get acsepted if you bring some actual facts?

Plus you're still avoiding my points about alucard.

No thats soul manip and absorbtion, him storing solid objects like weapons, ammo, and armor is different ability and should be put into a crt and added to his profile.

Tony di bugalu said:
Have you been in comicvine? That place is a wank-fest and people go there mostly to wank and troll.
I don't mean any offence to anyone (comicvine users especially), but I've been in Comicvine myself. I've made some few Versus threads there, but the most I've ever gotten is some one-worded answers on who would win ("character x wins/stomp" and no further than that) and some memes being posted, or even getting insulted from making logical arguments at times.

Anyways, for the questions:

1) Yes, Mercer should be able to consume Alucard upon touch, and bypass his Low-High Regenerationn (and unless his speculated/theorised 3 million soul count actually amps his Regenerationn into being beyond Low-High, he's not going to "reform" out of being one with a character). However, Alucard's attempts to consume Mercer would either result in him getting consumed in return, or get himself (or his minions) infected if he ingests even a little of Mercer's blood (that's even assuming Alucard can even do anything to make Mercer bleed, which I doubt due to Mercer's durability feats).

The only version that should be able to survive that would be Post-Schrodinger Alucard, not the Pre-Schrodinger one.

2) Mercer absorbs the powers of anyone or anything he has consumed as long as the said supernatural powers are biological/genetic by origin.

3) He can absorb both organic and inorganic matter. He wouldn't be able to consume metaphysical objects/entities (or anything that isn't made of physical matter, I think) and similar, or anyone that has resistance to Absorption and Biological Manipulation.

I mean, if this is post Schordinger, than absorbing Alucard either makes Mercer stop existing or become Alucard himself.

Regular gets consumed with his soul just hanging in there, I guess. Actually, is Mercer a virgin? If yes, he'd become a vampire himself.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
I mean, if this is post Schordinger, than absorbing Alucard either makes Mercer stop existing or become Alucard himself.
DeathNoodles said:
The only version that should be able to survive that would be Post-Schrodinger Alucard, not the Pre-Schrodinger one.
As for Mercer's chastity, I don't even know. He isn't human, nor do I ever see him ever have any interest in bedding anyone. That shouldn't matter though, as I've recalled that Alucard's vampiric conversion only works on the opposite sex (and Mercer is technically sexless as a sentient virus).

Alucard became every gender when he absorbed the female souls, as he oh so graciously (and uneededly) showcased.

And if his body is that of a male in that moment, it should still work.

But alucard would survive being absorbed as a soul, he'd just be unable to really do anything.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
But alucard would survive being absorbed as a soul, he'd just be unable to really do anything.
Isn't that as bad as being "dead"? He may as well be if he can't do anything after he has gotten absorbed. He might as well be some powerless ghost/spirit.

Also, I don't think Mercer would benefit much from being turned into a vampire (viral vampire?). If Seras Victoria's capabilities says anything, he may as well not be a vampire at all (being thirsty for blood, having an aversion to sunlight, being vulnerable to holy objects, etc.). It doesn't matter either way as Mercer has control over his entire body at the genetic/cellular level, so he can simply undo the conversion if he so desires (unless the vampiric conversion in Hellsing is actually Matter Manipulation?).

Vampiric conversion is some soul/spiritual *****.

Plus, Seras was like she was because she refused to eat people. A proper alucard-blooded vampire can do anything alucard can with enough food, from becoming an intangible shadow to eating souls of the enemies for their powers and memories.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Vampiric conversion is some soul/spiritual *****.

Plus, Seras was like she was because she refused to eat people. A proper alucard-blooded vampire can do anything alucard can with enough food, from becoming an intangible shadow to eating souls of the enemies for their powers and memories.
Hmm. I guess Mercer might gain some benefits through the vampiric nature of Hellsing (not sure if the conversion does anything to Mercer due to the Immunity to Soul Manipulation listed in his profile, but okay then)...

To be honest, Mercer would be too horrifying if he now starts to consume souls and do spiritual nonsense as well. He's already bad enough as he is...

Does the verse claim that he is souless, or is that just assumed because of corpse/virus thing?

Because in cases like that you don't put a definite immunity to soul manipulatiuon, as there are verses where both viruses and corpses still have souls.

I don't know.

It doesn't matter either way, because the questions on this thread has been answered. And also the idea of vampiric Mercer being brought forth by you. ^_^;

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Does the verse claim that he is souless, or is that just assumed because of corpse/virus thing?
Because in cases like that you don't put a definite immunity to soul manipulatiuon, as there are verses where both viruses and corpses still have souls.
Good question.

I don't recall if they stated that he was souless. It's based on assumption and the fact that Prototype is science fiction. However, you must ask yourself. What makes a soul?

A soul is comprised of memories and what makes a person--well a person. Alucard absorbs souls through drinking blood. Since Alex Mercer himself inherits the memories of those he consumed, in a supernatural aspect, he absorbs 'souls' through eating biomass.

Although, again...Prototype doesn't abide to the supernatural.

As far as the wiki goes, as long as a verse doesn't expand upon souls, we just assume the soul rules of the other verse.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
As far as the wiki goes, as long as a verse doesn't expand upon souls, we just assume the soul rules of the other verse.
True, though it appears Alucard's chances of besting Alex in terms of absorption is slim, unless anyone else here has idea or feats to back this up.

Tony di bugalu said:
I don't even know how we can qualify alex (on the soul thingy) as per definition a virus is not alive but it's not dead either.

Actually, there has been cases of strong evidence that proves the viruses are indeed alive. If something is 'not dead', it must be technically alive. If something is biological, it is alive.The real Alex Mercer is dead, but the virus itself is just wearing his corpse like a pair of clothes.

Seeing as how the virus displays a personality and sentience, especially self-awareness of its own existence, who isn't to say that is what makes a 'soul'?

Alex Mercer is no different from Alucard. They are both 'undead'--dead but still animate creatures.

Shoot, the Blacklight Virus shares tons of similarities with the Symbiotes and these things are viruses--or should we say parasites and they are too alive themselves.

>Actually, there has been cases of strong evidence that proves the viruses are indeed alive.

Can you link that, pretty interesting stuff.

You know, in class we regard viruses as something not entirely alive but not dead either because a lot of things, but Mercer is something that exist in a completely fictional environment and with the actual science it's impossible to determine the state of something like that, so we need what the creators put in the game to determine if he is like the viruses in RL or more of a undead, evolving body surrounded/consumed by biological matter that can develop sentience and evolve/adapt to it's own environment at it's own accord.

And the fact that we don't know what a "soul" truly is, if we even got a functional definition for it, we don't even know if "souls" exist.

I want to mention theres a large difference between viruses and parasite's (symbiotes) but there is an even more massive difference between whatever the hell mercer is and an actual virus....

I want to mention theres a large difference between viruses and parasite's (symbiotes) but there is an even more massive difference between whatever the hell mercer is and an actual virus....
This.

Back