• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Calling all High School DxD Fans - Issei Needs You!

Reppuzan

VS Battles
Retired
I'm going to be blunt and straight to the point.

Issei's page is a mess.

There are no calcs and few justifications for his current ratings and they're sparse at best and careless throwaways at worst. We need solid calcs and feats to make Issei's page presentable and actually useful for a VS Debate.

If anyone is willing to provide these calcs and feats to back up his stats, I'd be willing to rewrite the entire profile myself, but I need your help for that. So please pitch in if you can.

Im going to try to find some stuff as I go through the Light Novels again. But here is one this I can say

So far in the series ever since Story arc 4 started his feats became near uncalculable

^Really? Ooooo....so 1 through 3(is that right?) has feats for him that could be calc'd, yet the rest after it are near incalculable as you said?

Oh that's gonna be a problem since we're likely going to maybe go by what the feats described it as....or not, depending what you can find for him here...

Also you cannot easily just rely on how much they destroyed (when it comes to potency) like relying on blast radius due to the fact that there are attacks that happens in a small scale and yet the damage it's worth is equivalent to a huge DC (just like any other characters that are capable of such in other fiction). One of the examples is in Volume 10 when Issei was shown to reduce the blast radius of Crimson Blaster (which is stronger than Dragon Blaster that destroyed the artificial Kyoto on the top of making distortions to its dimension) by focusing it at one point so he can do more damage to BB Sairaorg. That's also the same case on the other stats sa well (speed, durability, etc.) 1-3 it's possible but even at 3 it's harder to find a good calculable feat.

Also since we have to take into account the Boost counts, it can be a pain. The most consistent Boost count I can think of for him was the 14 Boost he usually do. As for the other Boost counts (like the 30 Boost count from Volume 9), it can be hard to consider. As for the multipliers, if not used on Issei can be potentially be unquantifyable as well.

Also for his DxD Mode, we dont even have a confirmed amound of power up he gets for each D∞D is used so that's also unquantifyable.

If there's anything can think of for Story Arc 4, the only thing I can think of that's scalable for Story Arc 4 twould be Xenovia VS Strada at Volume 19, which can be scaled with CCQ Issei VS BB Sairaorg.

We'll see if there's something more I can find

^Uhhh sir....isn' that what part of our definition of Attack Potency here is about, tho? You have read it here before going to here, yes? Just asking...

Aside from that, thanks for this help.

Yes I know. Just had to mention it again just in case since there are some who forget those factors so pardon me for that XD.

Well as for the part when the profile mentioned about Issei being country level, the only thing I can think of it being possible is to calculate his Dragon Shot (Boosted by 14 times) by calculating the mountain busting feat from Volume 5 (since he destroyed it without Boost) and then multiply it by 2^14 (since he Boosted 14 times. For those who forgot just in case, Boost doubles his power).

Aso for being equivalent to Serafall, I personally don't know where did that even came from.

If you want to scale hy boosts

As you know Issei has the boosted gear that doubles his power every time he uses it. And you probably know that a balance breaker increase the power of the sacred gear holder many times over but a longinus can do it even more than a regular sacred gear. He has the Boost ability which doubles his power every time he uses it like x2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256,512,1024,2048 etc. Just using his base boosted gear he was able to take a large chunk out of a mountain, but he can boost his power at least by a factor of 10's or 100's of thousands of times. Plus his base is not the same level as it was back in the early days when the feat was performed. His stats get boosted as well.

From Volume 5 Mountain busting feat after completing his BB he destroyed a mountain without boosting will come up in calcs to follow: From Volume 5:[—You attained it. You really managed to attain it!] Ddraig laughed inside me and let out an innocent cry. [Welsh Dragon Balance Breaker!!!!!!!!!] The light returned to the jewel, and on the contrary began to emit a huge mass of red aura that it didn't have until now! The aura wrapped around my entire body! "…You're the worst. What a lewd Sekiryuutei…" Even though her face was ghastly pale, Koneko-chan gave a retort to me. Sorry! I'm a lewd Sekiryuutei! Then—. The aura which covered my body changed into armour, and clad itself on me. "Balance Breaker, [Boosted Gear Scale Mail]! It's been achieved here by poking my master's breasts!" Douuuuuuuuuuun! My surroundings were blow away by the aura I released! A small crater was created with me at its centre…Alright, my body is overflowing with power! This is—Balance Breaker! [Partner, congratulations. But, you're terrible. I'm going to genuinely cry soon.] Ddraig gave me praise. And his voice was tearful. "Yeah, thank you. And sorry for being perverted! So, how is my state?" [You can maintain Balance Breaker for thirty minutes. The results of your training have come out. For the first Balance Breaker state of the weak you, that's a fairly good time limit.] How many times can I do my max doubling?

So if I use this power well, I can fight for fifteen minutes. [You don't need that long. —Look, stick out your hand, and try firing a magic bullet like usual.] Following Ddraig's instructions, I stuck out my hand and aimed at Koneko-chan's onee-san. Doh! It fired in an instant! It passed right by onee-san and went far into the forest. The next moment—. A red flash unfolded. Doddoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon! The roar of an explosion ran from far away, and the blast even reached all the way here! ……Eh? ……What? I couldn't react to this sudden event. The poison mist was blown away by the blast from the attack and dispersed. "Hahahaha! It's been a long time since I've seen that red blast! Hyoudou Issei! An entire mountain far away from here completely vanished just now! Also, the barrier covering this area has been blown off as well!" Tannin-ossan said that from the sky above A mountain!? An entire mountain vanished!? I didn't even fire it with particularly doubled power!? [It's the type of attack that fires the collected power from your whole aura through your hands. Since the amount you can store is still little, you can't fire it consecutively, though.] "Fuhahahahaha! You attained it at last! I see, I see! It's a surge of great power! That's the condition of a good aura!"

At volume 4 when Issei got his temporary BB we can say he was mountain level in base BB without boosting (scaling this to when he busted the mountain in volume 5 above). Well lets see how many times he boosts in his fight against Vali.

"Don't **** with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!"

I'll kill Vali—. I'll absolutely kill Vali—!

"You bastard! Buchoooooou's! So you intend to halve the size of my Buchou's breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeasts!!"

[Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost!!!!!!]

Voices from jewels on various places of my armour repeatedly resounded.

"I won't forgive you! You're the one person I absolutely won't forgive! I'll knock you down! I'll destroy you! Valiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!"

[Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost Boost!!!!!!!!!!]

He boosted 47 times before he stopped.

So I will use power levels since it is easy to understand.

For this example I am going to give Issei a power level of 1k when he first used his BB in volume 4 which makes him mountain level without boosting.

1k x 2 = 2k

2k x 2 = 4k

4k x 2 = 8k

8k x 2 = 16k

16k x 2 = 32k

32k x 2 = 64k

64k x 2 = 128k

128k x 2 = 256k

256k x 2 = 512k

512k x 2 = 1024k

1024 x 2 = 2048k

2048 x 2 = 4096k

4096 x 2 = 8192k

8192 x 2 = 16384k

16384 x 2 = 32768k

32768 x 2 = 65536k

65536 x 2 = 131072k

131072 x 2 = 262144k

262144 x 2 = 524288k

524288 x 2 = 1048576k

1048576 x 2 = 2097152k

2097152 x 2 = 4194304k

4194304 x 2 = 8388608k

8388608 x 2 = 16777216k

16777216 x 2 = 33554432k

33554432 x 2 = 67108864k

67108864 x 2 = 134217728k

134217728 x 2 = 268435456k

268435456 x 2 = 536870912k

536870912 x 2 = 1073741824k

1073741824 x 2 = 2147483648k

2147483648 x 2 = 4294967296k

4294967296 x 2 = 8589934592k

8589934592 x 2 = 17179869184k

17179869184 x 2 = 34359738368k

34359738368 x 2 = 68719476736k

68719476736 x 2 = 137438953472k

137438953472 x 2 = 274877906944k

274877906944 x 2 = 549755813888k

549755813888 x 2 = 1.0995116e+12k

1.0995116e+12 x 2 = 2.1990233e+12k

2.1990233e+12 x 2 = 4.3980465e+12k

4.3980465e+12 x 2 = 8.796093e+12k

8.796093e+12 x 2 = 1.7592186e+13k

1.7592186e+13 x 2 = 3.5184372e+13k

3.5184372e+13 x 2 = 7.0368744e+13k

7.0368744e+13 x 2 = 1.4073749e+14k

So what was originally 1k (mountain buster) came out to be 1.4073749e+14k after boosting 47 times. And you have to remember this is only volume 4 and current Issei is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> volume 4 Issei.

So if he boosted 3 times what was originally 1k (mountain level) and now became 8k power level. And in terms of power it should look something like this after each boost.

Boost 1: Large Mountain or Small Island Boost 2: Island Boost 3: Large Island

So on and so forth

First off, too much text.

Second, you'll have to provide more evidence that Issei's boosts scale this way.

Reppuzan said:
First off, too much text.
Second, you'll have to provide more evidence that Issei's boosts scale this way.

What do you mean? Like more evidence his boosts double his power?

For one it's been referenced since the days his Boosted Gear was a Twice Critical that it doubles his power per boost. Also the reverse of his Sacred Gear Divine Dividing halves power and halving is the opposite of doubling. @Reppuzan

I understand that. But multipliers don't always straight up transfer into stats.

Let me give you an example.

Super Saiyan 2 is supposed to double one's power when compared to Super Saiyan 1.

When Gohan entered Super Saiyan 2, he was able to wipe the floor with Cell with the exception of that one Kamehameha.

So we sudenly went from Large Star level+ to Solar System level. with no gap in between. By our Attack Potency chart, there's a 1530x difference between the low end and the high end of Large Star level+, which is far greater than a simple 2x power boost.

Oh you mean proof that it's exact like that. I am not sure if I can get you that. But what I can show you is why his power may not seem exact.

From volume 17 Life 1:

While all of us scatter to different locations individually or in a group to train the areas we must polish, I……am facing against a white matter while I have my Boosted Gear activated. What I mean by a white matter is that it's like a First-Gen Sun Wukong's shikigami like thing that was created from his hair and his youjutsu. It has a shape of a human and it's acting as my training partner. What the First-Gen geezer asked me to do is to "Attack my opponent with the gauntlet that had been powered up for a minute". Except, I have to do this many times and not just once. It may sound easy if I say it like that, but it isn't that easy in reality. Hitting this thing after increasing my power is only the part of my training. I have to hit this thing ten times where I have increased my power for a minute, and all of those ten hits must have the same output. ……And this proves to be insanely hard. For me, it's something which will be considered extremely hard to do. Powering up and hitting it will be too simple. But if he asks me to hit it ten times consecutively with the same output, then the complexity will increase dramatically. If my first powered-up attack has the output of 5, then I have to hit it ten times with the output of 5 as well so it means I need to give a total damage of 50 to that white shikigami. ……And I can't seem to do this no matter how many times I do it. Say I hit this thing with the output of 5 for my first and second attack. But my third, my fourth, or my fifth attack happens to have an output of either a 4 or 6. Even a single failure will result in the white shikigami saying, "You have failed. It will reset from one". This shikigami was made by the First-Gen where it can calculate my attacks output. So it can calculate the damage I give it precisely.

@Reppuzan Wait nevermind I do have proof he boosts scale like this. If you refer to the scaling list at boost 12 his boost level is 4096. The first part is his unboosted demonic power and the second is his power after using Boost Explosion a power stopper that stops him from overloading on boosts. He had used two minutes of boosts which is 12 boosts because 2 minutes is 120 seconds and he boosts every ten seconds in base. Keep that in mind as you read these excerpts from Volume 2:

Ngh...... I on other hand is the complete opposite. Even the letter "D" for demonic-power hasn't appeared. I somehow made a really small sphere of demonic-power, but it's not big like Asia's one that has the size of a softball, instead it has a size of a rice.

"Ise! Shoot with block of demonic-power! When you form a block of demonic-power, shoot it with a shape you imagine the most!" Buchou gives me an order. A block of demonic-power? I have to do it here? I don't know if it will hit but there's no other choice! I will obey Buchou's order. I gathered the demonic-power flowing within my body and concentrated it into my palm. There is a block of demonic-power that is the size of a rice ball. Small like usual! I then shoot it towards Kiba! That instant, I wasn't able to believe what I saw. GUOOOOOOOOOO! It's huge! The magic ball that had the size of a rice ball got bigger when I shot it! It reached the size of a huge rock! This!? I get it! It's the power of the Boosted Gear! The huge block of magic got closer to Kiba. The velocity was quite fast as well. SWISH. Kiba dodges it easily. Well that's not surprising. Oh, but it won't mean anything if it doesn't hit. That's what I thought, but soon I got rid of that thought. The demonic-power ball that missed its target went towards the mountain next to the one we are on, and—. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!! The mountain blows up while making a huge sound and blast!! Eh! Eh? Eeeeeeeeeeeeh!? ……A single shot of demonic-power I shot out blew away a single mountain……The mountain has a huge hole in it. It changes the view of it.

First, please don't quote giant blocks of text. It's not making things easier for anyone.

Second, I'm still not quite understanding what you're saying. does the Boosted Gear work linearly/exponentially or not? What you gave is an example of what happens when Issei has twelve Boosts, but you haven't given me what Issei is capable of when he has six or seven boosts or something along those lines.

Reppuzan said:
First, please don't quote giant blocks of text. It's not making things easier for anyone.
Second, I'm still not quite understanding what you're saying. does the Boosted Gear work linearly/exponentially or not? What you gave is an example of what happens when Issei has twelve Boosts, but you haven't given me what Issei is capable of when he has six or seven boosts or something along those lines.
I am pretty sure it would be linear as it works by doubling(2x not X^2) what I was showing is the comparison of a dragon shot unboosted and then a dragon shot with twelve boosts which according to the chart should be atleast 4096 times the size of the unboosted version. Not it's not a blast it's actually a bullet not blast or beam and something that large to punch a hole in a mountain as large as described(and portrayed in the anime) is definitely over 4000 times the size of your average riceball which is the size of a palm. I know why you seek the lower values because those numbers would be easier to work with but Issei like a LN characters has ridiculous gaps in power between his power ups.

I don't know but with Volume 21( or is it 21?) is already done translated should Issei and Vali page getting an upgrade?

Back