• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
This is the official thread for requesting calcs to be done by the members of the Calc Group and other senior editors.

However, this help is entirely optional, and the people who do the requesting cannot expect that anybody will somehow be automatically interested in doing the requested calcs.

It is not allowed to complain about delays in producing calcs. It is also strictly prohibited to spam the message walls of Admins and the members of the Calc group to have a look at the thread.

You are also not allowed to bump posts that have already appeared within the same thread, as this spams the thread, turns it incoherent, and reduces the chance of the calc group members being interested in helping out at all, as they may feel constantly pestered for attention.

The calc group will have a final say as to whether a calc is feasible or not, and will discuss internally who is to do the calc.

If a calculation has been performed and accepted, please add it to the related verse page.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

This thread is only for posting requests, and for the calculation group to respond to said requests. Off-topic discussion is absolutely not allowed, and will result in the posts being deleted, and the ones responsible possibly receiving a block. However, you are allowed to answer questions from the calculation group members.

As our calc group members are people too, we realise that their work is time-consuming. Given the daily volume of calculations that the team is tasked with performing, it is important that you give your requests proper classifications, as detailed in the official Calculation Evaluations and Requests Instructions page.

If your requested feat has already been properly calculated by the calc group, please update your post to state this in a bolded font, as this makes it easier for calc group members to tell which requests that have been overlooked.

A potential upgrade for the verse

Importance/Priority: 1 (Scales to the entire Verse)

Name of the Verse/Character: Madness Combat

Brief Feat Description: Sanford and Deimos survive a building falling on them

Feat: 3:12, 0:20

Nothing complicated, just a simple calculations of freezing or burning a city. Priority: 3

Verse: Fables

Character: Jack Horner

Descriptio:

1. I am planning on making a Jack Frost version to be added on the Jack Horner profile, but I need to calculate this feat for his Tier and Attack Potency. Jack Horner once froze a whole town during his time as Jack Frost . This scan right here states that towns in the Fables Universe (Homelands) are roughly the same size as the average size of real-life towns . I am asking how powerful a character needs to be in order to bury an avergae real-life town under ice.

2. Jack Horner once became a firebreathing dragon during his last arc. Dragons in the Fables Universe are said to be able to burn down a city . The scan didn't state what city, but it did state that it is a Mundy city (real-life city). So I am asking how much power does it take to engulf an average real life city on fire.

Verse: I Shall Seal the Heavens

Priority: 2

Description: Lord Revelations shakes the earth around him for millions of kilometers (the planet is pretty big, apparently):

"Lord Revelation's shout shook the earth for millions of kilometers in all directions. Mountains trembled and the sky filled with dark, roiling clouds."

Gonna just put these down...

Priority: 3

Verse: Fire Emblem (Manga)

Feat: Kilmar blitzes a bunch of mages before the tower destroyed mid-feat falls

Priority: 3 (only scales to two profiles)

Verse: FE6 Manga

Feat: Woah a amazing cloud split that Al casually rides in and the bad guy dodges

we can see the Shrine's size in relation to the size of the group, which is also seen engulfed in the flames during the feat, no timeframe is shown to my knowledge, the flames suddenly appear, perhaps the shockwave could be used?

Importance: About 3 because there's currently only one profile

Verse/Character: Diesel: Master of Dragons, Feat performed by Thomas Diesel

Feat: Meta Hammer punches the blood stand user, making a trail(?) that is shown to be deep enough for his arm to lay down in it and only reach about halfway

Basically the first 2 panels at the top

Bumpity Bump

Priority: 2 (Arguably only applies to Heidi)

Verse: Hungry Joker

Brief Feat Description: Reacted to a laser casually. Did it also here. Prove to be light here. Chapter, if further distance measuring is required.

• Priority: Likely 2 (Finds Durability Inspector Gadget, a main character; Probably scales to many other characters.)
  • Verse: Inspector Gadget (1983 TV animated series.)
  • Feat: Inspector Gadget falls off what's likely The Empire State Building & makes a hole in the street. The hole he lands in is so deep, he, a grown man, can stand in it.
https://youtu.be/g-MjCPiidqc?t=1m55s 1:55 shows street & building as Gadget ascends. May also be useable for flight speed. Fall starts at around 2:31/2:32. Lands at around 2:43, so deep seemingly only has his head & shoulders above ground despite standing.

Note: I normally would just use stuff like the Earthquake Power Chart for this (Which I did in the blog), but some unknowledgeable users have been considering the current ratings as wanks, so an "actual" low-end is needed.

Priority: 2 (scales to a lot of human and near-human characters in the verse)

Verse: Star Wars (Disney Canon)

Feat: Chebacca slams Han into a metal support beam. The beam is bent out of shape by the impact. But Han is completely fine after this shit. Go to 3:35 in the video linked below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxVyFl3-hoI

Is it possible to calculate the force needed to bend the beam that way?

Well, no one's told me to stop so I'll keep on trucking.

• Priority 1 for speed and 2 for AP (Speed scales to everyone and AP scales to two characters)
  • On this page and this page a character grows a tree to catch other characters at this hight. I was hoping to get the KE for growing a tree that tall in what appears to be several seconds. Getting the speed calced is also necessary as pretty much every combat capable character would scale to it.

Priority: 1 (A big one)

Verse: Inazuma Eleve

Feat Description: Hakuryuu's White Hurricane hissatsu creates a legitimate hurricane visible from space within a few seconds, and then creates a gigantic crater around the goalnet. Calculate the energy required for the hurricane mainly, as it would yield a much higher output than the crater.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUGN0tcPYkk

Message me for any further details if necessary

Priority: 1 & 2

Verse:
Dragon Ball

Feat: Ten Shin Han outpaces a nuclear-like explosion

Links: One, Two

Relevant additional info: Ten Shin Han is 6'2" (182 cm) tall. He grabs Goku a moves away before the blast had reached him (who was rather close the the impact ground). The blast was calculated to be around 97 megatons, just 3 short of the theoritical Tsar Bomba's 100.

Priority: 1

Verse: Spyro the Dragon (Classic incarnation)

Brief Feat Description 1: Grendor uses a spell to freeze all the fairies across the realms. Creates visible ice crystals, the size of which could be calced and the energy required to make them too. Should scale to Spyro, since the guy who cast the spell isn't a particularly powerful wizard and because of the fact that he sucks at magic, he has two heads. The total number of frozen fairies is 100, so the result should be multiplied by that.

Link 1: https://youtu.be/huwOXRrsrx8?t=35

Note: The actual crystal, compared to a Llama. Llamas are 1.7-1.8 meters tall, so an average of 1.75 can be used and go from there.

Brief Feat Description 2: Corporal Glug survives a massive explosion, he was locked inside a building with many explosives [TNT crates and rockets].

Link 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dXtHJSjA78 at 2:05:16.

Importance/Priority: 1

Verse: I Was Kicked out of the Hero's Party Because I Wasn't a True Companion so I Decided to Have a Slow Life at the Frontier

Brief Feat Description 1: Dunan destroys 5 ships that each could hold 100 ppl with one punch:

""Like I was saying, that one-armed personage beat up all the pirates!" "Stop lying! How could a single person defeat five pirate ships." "His single punch split the ships in two!" "Ahahaha! If you want to make something up, at least make it a little more believable, you drunkard!" "What did you sayyyy!" "Are you telling me he crushed a sailboat that can carry up to a hundred people with only his fist!" "He did!""

Brief Feat Description 2: Ares creates a black spear which is the condensation of a huge storm that could cover an entire country.

""Gargantua Storm Javelin!" Danan is a simple man. Similar to his own experience, Ares was trick by Shisandan as well. That was why, once he knew the true identity of Shisandan, he would naturally be hostile toward Shisandan. That was all he thought about. Regardless of how much he hated Ares, he believed in the goodness within Ares as a member of the Hero party. "Wha!? Ares! You bastard!?" It was a black cloud spear that was the condensation of a huge storm that could cover an entire country. An advanced spell that only superior spell-user Divine Protections could utilize."

Importance/Priority: 4

Name of the Verse/Character: Thor, Marvel Comics

Brief Feat Description: Thor knocks Gorr light years away to the surface of a planet's moon, and then Gorr while on the moon flings giant chunks of a moon at the two Thors while they were flying at super speed, who react and smash them like they were playing baseball. How fast do you estimate those boulders were moving?

The feat in question: https://i.imgur.com/7wdwru1_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

https://i.imgur.com/NbrRByO_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Priority: 2 (scales to a lot of human and near-human characters in the verse)

Verse: Star Wars (Disney Canon)

Feat: Chebacca slams Han into a metal support beam. The beam is bent out of shape by the impact. But Han is completely fine after this shit. Go to 3:35 in the video linked below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxVyFl3-hoI

Is it possible to calculate the force needed to bend the beam that way?

Priority: 3

Verse: Halo

Feat: Master Chief, James, Kelly, and Fred manage to move a pink quartz monolith that easily would weigh over a hundred mettic tons. How much strength would each Spartan, specifically Master Chief, need to exert to accomplish moving it? How would it translate to a bench press?

Text:
The room contained display cases of mineral specimens. There were sulfur crystals, raw emeralds, and rubies. There was a monolith of unpolished pink quartz in the center of the room, three meters wide and six tall. Off to one side, however, were two creatures.

Halo: Fall of Reach (ebook) pg. 190

Code:
The floor creaked, buckled, and then fell away; the two massive aliens plunged into the basement below.
"Quick," the Master Chief said. He slung his rifle and moved to the back of the quartz monolith. "Push!" Kelly and Fred leaned their weight against the stone and grunted with effort. The slab moved a tiny bit. James sprinted forward, slammed into the stone, put his shoulder alongside theirs . . . and pushed. His left arm had been burned away from the elbow down, but he didn't even whimper. The monolith moved; it inched toward the hole . . . then tilted and went over. It landed with a dull thud and a crunching noise.

Halo: Fall of Reach (ebook) pg. 193

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back