• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BxB Issei adjustment

When I brought up comparing 45 Boost to 30 Boost from v9, my point is that there are times when Issei suddenly just Boost multiple times compared to his regular count.

And what I try to prove above is only specific to Boost count being inconsistent. Learn to understand what's exactly being referred to.

And if the "feats" you're refering to are AoE feats, there are cases when the potency can be greater despite less AoE (Saint Seiya is one of the good examples). Otherwise, clarify which ones you may be referring to.

In short, AoE feats didn't prove that Boost's original effect is inconsistent.

Issei not being able to one shot the opponent he faced when he used Boost doesn't prove that Boost is inconsistent. Before he faced them, there was no exact set or estimated durability for the opponents he was about to face before he fought them to begin with. You're going to need to provide proof if you think that the opponents he faced before actually have exact set durability before he fought them.

Whether people belive that the Boost itself or the Boost count is inconsistent, using Boost for calcs is still almost unfeasible atm so it's understandable why AoE feats for the series are more feasible along with scaling atm.

And if anyone still thinks that the initial effect might have been forgotten, when he was using Boost at volume 20 at least when it comes to recently, even his Boosting is still described as "doubling"

Yeah, of course. There's no set number to how many times he uses it at once. At least it hasn't been stated or confirmed. But I've counted twelve for Diabolos Dragon against Rizevim and Apophis.

Volume 9 Life 4

Wooooosh!

It was the sound of Xenovia raising Durandal to the heavens and a massive aura gushing forth from the blade!

Expanding to over fifteen metres tall in an instant, the blade of holy aura appeared before my eyes. It looked as if it was about to pierce the heavens.

Sooooooooo long! Sooooooooo cool! Sooooooooooo amazing!

Before, the Durandal plus Ascalon combination also produced a great aura. At the time, there was a pulse of spiritual energy like a pillar of light, but it's nothing compared to the current spectacle.

But then this time, the offensive aura was not diffused or spreading around like before. I could see that most of its power was concentrated together.

I say, Xenovia-san! The battle is just beginning, are you trying to break the rules by attacking early again!?

"--Strike first and end the battle. Taste my sword!"

As if retorting against the protests in my heart, Xenovia smashed her massive sword of holy light and aura down upon the heads of the Hero faction!

Like the felling of a heavy log, the new Durandal crashed down to crush them.

Crash!

A massive aura pulse engulfed buildings, structures and the entire scenery!

The ground split into two, the resulting tremor caused everyone to fall to their knees!

After the attack, the entire area -- was a total mess. The massive aura attack had also crossed over Nijou Castle's moat and even destroyed outside buildings and roads further beyond, leaving nothing behind!

...Shocking! What devastating offensive power!

"Hoo..."

Xenovia took a deep breath and wiped the sweat off her forehead with her hand. Durandal returned to its sheathed state once again.

Was it over with just a breath! And what's with that mission accomplished face! Using a final finishing move at the very start! No no, perhaps this might be a good result!

"Hey Xenovia! Isn't that going overboard for a first attack?"

I was a bit emotional as I spoke, but Xenovia simply made a victory sign with her hand.

"The opening always requires such a strike."

"So the battle with Loki also required such a sudden strike as well!? Hey hey hey..."

Talking to her was useless!

"Relax. Despite what it looks like, I did adjust the power. If I felt like it I could have swept everything clean. My goal is actually to achieve something like your full powered Dragon Shot, but it doesn't seem to be that simple. Yes, your kind of power type is exactly the ideal battle style that I seek."

"Don't just go 'yes' and be done with it! I'm not some kind of destruction freak!"

This person was clearly a Knight, but only seeking power... Completely contrasting with Kiba. Perhaps she should have been better off as a Rook?

Xenovia tapped the new Durandal.

"This new Durandal is the result of combining with Excalibur using alchemy."

-- With Excalibur? Really!

Irina began to explain.

"Let me explain. Basically, they used all the Excalibur pieces possessed by the Church to create a sheath to cover Durandal's blade. Excalibur's power allowed Durandal's offensive aura to be contained. In addition, Excalibur's power can attack at the same time as Durandal's, allowing their powers to amplify each other... and thus producing deadly destructive power!"

Irina pointed at the destroyed wasteland.

"I see, so Excalibur not only restrains Durandal's aura, it and Durandal also amplified each other's power. So by combining the two holy swords into one was how such a strong attacking power was produced."

"Yes, Ise-kun. The fact that Durandal's aura could be applied to other holy swords, Heaven has already started related research on that."

"Ah, during the match in summer, Xenovia kept Durandal in an alternate dimension, but could still wrap its aura around Ascalon. In the battle to recover Asia, she used the mutual amplification effect with Ascalon to raise the power of both their auras."

"Yes yes. The Heaven faction came up with the idea of a new Durandal starting from that time."

Irina spoke as she nodded.

Ha... The union of Excalibur and Durandal into a single holy sword. But then, didn't the Church only possess six of the seven fragments, so they only used six to make that sheath?

Xenovia raised her sword and muttered to herself.

"--Ex Durandal. This is the new name I give this sword."

Ex Durandal. A name without objection. It was similar to the old name. Definitely, it should be a name like this.

"Well, if they could be beaten in one hit then we'd have a much easier time."

Xenovia shifted her gaze forward.

...I see. I didn't think those guys were inexperienced enough to be taken out by one attack.

Clatter.

From out of the rubble in the wasteland -- the surface of the ground, an arm rose up. A piece of earth was lifted, and out emerged many members of the Heroes Faction, covered by a thin mist.

All of them looked a bit dirty -- but completely unharmed. Did that mist defend against the power of the holy sword?

Yep

Now that I looked at the Kyoto busting feat, now that there's something I noticed, the fight takes place at Nijou castle, which is located about the center of the city. And when I looked at the quote...

volume 9 Life 5

"Disappear! Dragon Blaster!"

BOOOM!!

The shoulder cannons fired releasing an extremely massive blast! Even as I tried my hardest to maintain my footing, I could not stop the impact from the recoil, and it sent my body backwards...! I used all my strength to stop myself from flying away!

The high output energy was fired into the midst of the Heroes Faction!

"Interesting, I will take this shot, legendary dragon!"

Heracles stepped up in front, was he trying to take my attack--

"Don't take it! Evade!"

Cao Cao yelled and used the base of his spear to hit Heracles away from the line of fire! Cao Cao and the other members then swiftly escaped my attack.

Without hitting anyone, the cannon blast continued flying onward far away behind them.

KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

A large explosion shook the entire space while the city in the background was engulfed by the gigantic aura!

...The energy continued to spread, surrounding the entire city with intense light!

As the bright light faded, nothing was left! The cannon blast eliminated the entire scenery, and even the game field was affected and the artificial dimension began to show signs of distortion!

"...Destroyed the whole city! Hey! If he keeps firing, this dimension won't last!"

Heracles finally understood the power of my cannons, and cried out in surprise.

"Distorting the simulated dimension, yet this place was constructed to be sturdy... What kind of firepower was that?"

For the quote above, would anyone mind confirming the quote for anyone with the raw? Given where the fight takes place, Issei was firing the cannons from the middle of the city and it's possible that he only destroyed a portion of the city instead.

Also, for this part of the entire quote:

...The energy continued to spread, surrounding the entire city with intense light!

As the bright light faded, nothing was left! The cannon blast eliminated the entire scenery, and even the game field was affected and the artificial dimension began to show signs of distortion!

"...Destroyed the whole city! Hey! If he keeps firing, this dimension won't last!"

This quote sounded like the entire city got blown up. If this was the case, wouldn't everyone around Issei would get affected by the explosion instead given the location he fired the cannons?

If anyone going to try to calc based on the anime, might as well think about what will happen at the mountain busting calc for volume 5

GottaLuvMuffins645 said:
Now that I looked at the Kyoto busting feat, now that there's something I noticed, the fight takes place at Nijou castle, which is located about the center of the city. And when I looked at the quote...

volume 9 Life 5

"Disappear! Dragon Blaster!"

BOOOM!!

The shoulder cannons fired releasing an extremely massive blast! Even as I tried my hardest to maintain my footing, I could not stop the impact from the recoil, and it sent my body backwards...! I used all my strength to stop myself from flying away!

The high output energy was fired into the midst of the Heroes Faction!

"Interesting, I will take this shot, legendary dragon!"

Heracles stepped up in front, was he trying to take my attack--

"Don't take it! Evade!"

Cao Cao yelled and used the base of his spear to hit Heracles away from the line of fire! Cao Cao and the other members then swiftly escaped my attack.

Without hitting anyone, the cannon blast continued flying onward far away behind them.

KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

A large explosion shook the entire space while the city in the background was engulfed by the gigantic aura!

Heracles finally understood the power of my cannons, and cried out in surprise.

"Distorting the simulated dimension, yet this place was constructed to be sturdy... What kind of firepower was that?"
Whats more confusing is how the hell is the city behind the hero team if they are in the city

Question was the sub relativistic stuff accepted? Just wondering because the profile for issei says likely at least sub relativistic?

Or is that for his movement speed and his combat apeed is sub reletvistic?

Also question ... is this in any quantifiable? Because this is issei after 12 boosts from what i know not the 20 listed in the profile "SWISH. Kiba dodges it easily. Well that's not surprising. Oh, but it won't mean anything if it doesn't hit. That's what I thought, but soon I got rid of that thought. The demonic-power ball that missed its target went towards the mountain next to the one we are on, and—. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!! The mountain blows up while making a huge sound and blast!! Eh! Eh? Eeeeeeeeeeeeh!? ……A single shot of demonic-power I shot out blew away a single mountain……The mountain has a huge hole in it. It changes the view of it. ……Eh? Are you for real? It actually blew it up? It's a mountain, you know? A mountain." - volume 2 life 3 This being the boosted issei that was changed to unknown

Yeah, it was twelve in the light novel. I don't know if it's possible to quantify that without seeing it visually.

The manga didn't show it in a justifiable way, but I don't remember the anime.

@Burning Full Fingers What I mean by "might as well think about what will happen at the mountain busting calc for volume 5" is that if anyone just went ahead and try to calc Dragon Blaster based on the anime (I haven't seen Hero yet so I'm not sure how it's depicted), the AP may end up with lower value compared to the v5 feat, which may make it seem inconsistent only on the surface given that Dragon Blaster should be stronger than the one that's shot at v5. This is only if we only look at the damage when it's possible that the damage was only done possibly by half the beam.

Well, I think that the profile still won't change given that it's possible that Dragon Blaster might be compressed to certain extent.

Volume 5 feat was always higher than the Kyoto feat though. It's always been like that. It's like Pseudo DxD has more impressive DC feats than DxD, base Sairaorg has better DC feats than BtB Sairaorg, Xenovia with a suppressed Durandal has a better DC feat than herself with a released Durandal, Rossweisse has a better DC feat in Kyoto than her current self, etc.

And it's really common in fiction anyway. That is, for a weaker form to have a better feat than a stronger form in destructive power. You just scale it the logical way, or there'd be a lot of downgrades.

Kyoto feat could be higher with stuff like widespread destruction though. Issei did say that he could control the area of effect of his attacks, so I think you might be on to something there.

@Jester

Hmm, you can request it here. Just follow the request guidelines. Yes, the anime and manga can be used for feats that are difficult to quantify when looking at just the light novel.

I'm not sure about season 3 though. It's not really canon and Ishibumi wasn't involved like the first two seasons. He didn't even acknowledge it in his afterwords. Dunno about his blog.

@Itachi

Volume 9.

Is it going to be vaporization? I saw something like steam or smoke there.

When Shrek start to calc though? Lol. I thought he only did one for the Shinju.

Also out of curiosity ... would this scale to any more people then issei and raiser?

(I just picked up the light novel myself hence the question)

Burning Full Fingers said:
Is it going to be vaporization? I saw something like steam or smoke there.
When Shrek start to calc though? Lol. I thought he only did one for the Shinju.
Around 20 days or so i have around 15 calcs

@Jester

Yeah, I was asking if it was likely to be accepted as vaporization.

Balance Breaker Kiba and Xenovia with Durandal, since Kiba could scratch a casual Kokabiel who utterly disregarded boosted Issei who's stronger than himself that did that feat. He can also give incomplete Balance Breaker Issei some trouble in training. Kiba said Xenovia with Durandal was stronger than him, so she'd scale. Not sure if there's anyone else. That makes four in total.

It could have scaled to people like Jeanne and Heracles, but I've not made profiles for them yet. That, and there's a Small City level+ feat for Xenovia that they could scale from.

But they'd be City level if vaporization is accepted for that calc. I'd just say the calc has the potential to affect more than six characters.

@Shrek

Cool, that's fast.

Could be accepted as either i personally wont argue about which value is better as im just a casual fan of HSDxD with 0 knowledge beyond the Anime

Low end got accepted

Qrkx5messu0hweahnzr6
MFW the calc i did for fun gets accepted in a couple of hours but a bunch of calcs for the verse im planing to create cant get their turn for weeks

Back