• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Butters Brackets: Round 12 Deathstroke vs Bonsly

So are there any arguments for Deathstroke remaining?

Bonsly still Blitzes and can Mimic or get around anything Slade has while Slade can barely hurt him after a few glances and can't due anything after he tenses up a few times. (Tearful look and Harden respectively. He also can flinch him, Counter his moves, can interrupt with sucker punch (don't ask how a tree punches.) and even Blitz with amps and debuffs.

Slade has nothing that Bonsly can't get around and can't beat being looked at too hard.

I would like to repeat myself for another time.

Slade is FAR more skilled and experienced. He would not let one inexperienced Pokemon who is still a baby get away. And this is a wild Bonsly, so anything it does, it is random, and not to mention, too naive. Even then, whether it knows the move or not, its not going to spam it. Youre acting as if this were trained, which it isnt. Stop assuming it is trained.

Furthermore, you have appeared to admit that Concussive Distortion Grenades work, and it will be knocked out upon it exploding.

Say... Devil's advocate, I see? Then it is my turn.

So, regarding Tearful Look.

"The user gets teary eyed to make the target lose its combative spirit. This lowers the target's Attack and Sp. Atk stats."

Deathstroke is meant to take things seriously, especially being trained for decades, so obviously, this would not affect him.

Now the next: Fake Tears.

"The user feigns crying to fluster the target, harshly lowering its Sp. Def stat."

Again, being trained, especially a deadly assassin would not really care about a crying baby. They just go in for the kill.

Fake tears works on all Pokémon without an ability that prevents it. Unless Slade has a resistance to stat reduction, that point is moot.

I never admitted that Grenades work though? Bonsly resists explosions and can dodge with speed amps.

I already explained why he would use amps, they are the most basic actions possible (looking at him, tensing up, etc.)

Skill means nothing when you can't hurt your opponent and they can do anything you can do.

I have already adressed these arguments, some multiple times. Just stop this. You are just repeating disproved arguments at this point. It would be better for all of us if you just concede.

They are valid. As they have more to do then what you said. As well involves Bonsly doing something that isn't promised they would actually do.

I already disproved that above, and I am not repeating that again. If you are just gonna repeat the same debunked arguments, you practically concede as you have no case remaining.

So yes they are. As the op, you have the power, and you clearly are picking a side, so remember it is still up to you.

You claim you have but you haven't really. You completely have failed to prove any sort of character. Your best argument is Bonsly isn't an idiot, which is a pointless argument, as that doesn't define what one does in character. So you have no real proof Bonsly would spam these debuffs. Let alone open with most of them. Also have entirely failed to prove anything on the bullets not piercing. Which they do. Even at the worst debuff

So no. They are not.

Okay, having played some Pokemon games, wild Pokemon usually throw some random attacks. At most, they will use the same attack twice.

Have you even read my other arguments for it? I doubt it being wrong is uncomfortable. I can summarize it as them being basic actions such as tensing up a bit or literally staring at Slade, so he will do it constantly since they are stuff that takes an instant to do. It will take a few moments for all of them to be max potency, making Bonsly

INVINCIBLE TO ANYTHING HE CAN DO!

So yes they are, but again, you are the OP and you clearly have taken a side, so they will stay no matter what I say.

Joaco0902 said:
Okay, having played some Pokemon games, wild Pokemon usually throw some random attacks. At most, they will use the same attack twice.
Those wild Bonsly are like what 12-30? This one has way more experience (enough to get all the level up moves) and isn't burdened by game mechanics such as turn based combat. They don't scale at all.

Sorry dude, I'm not going to thouroghly read this mountain of text.

However, if it's that easy to spam these moves, then I'm leaning towards Bonsly.

Oh I have. I'm just going over the big part of it. You debate it like he would actively use all debuffs at basically the start of the fight when realistically, he may use it twice at most, and sometimes not even open with it. He wouldn't do it constantly, and there's no reason to believe that. That's making up character they don't have. A wild one has never shown to do that. Your treating it like he would be doing that every time in every fight when him doing it more than once is unreal.

And nope. Your again wrong. Bullets pierce. Blades pierce.

And again nope. You continue to avoid the pierce argument. You have failed to prove they wouldn't pierce, and there is no reasonable reason why it wouldn't. Bonsly isn't remotely durable enough for a gun not to pierce. Especially large ones.

In the anime there are pokemon that have canonically used their attacks multiple times in succession, used multiple of the same attack simultaneously, stacked attacks in order to make them stronger, and combined multiple different attacks

Those wild Bonsly are like what 12-30? This one has way more experience (enough to get all the level up moves) and isn't burdened by game mechanics such as turn based combat. They don't scale at all.

It does not spam it all the time, even in the late game. For what I know, their chain of whatever move they do is still random, and an instance of it using the same move twice or possibly thrice is rare and RNG.

WeeklyBattles said:
In the anime there are pokemon that have canonically used their attacks multiple times in succession, used multiple of the same attack simultaneously, stacked attacks in order to make them stronger, and combined multiple different attacks
Some can. Some dont. No defined personality that settles that Bonsly would.

Yes, and the only way they have a REAL personality is having a trainer. And dont say Mystery Dungeon, that isnt canon, its its own universe.

WeeklyBattles said:
Mystery dungeon is canon tho and we use stuff from it on our profiles
Well. The trainer part is the important part of it. Since this is a wild, not a trainer one.

I have debunked all these points before though. (Isn't this usually a way to concede?) But since you are too lazy to read. Sharp objects from comparable opponents haven't pierced Bonsly or other rocky boys in the games, so why would the almighty wanked pointy stick of death work. Also proof that it would even pierce a literal rock that can tank everything multiple times over. Rocks are harder than the elephant skin, especially when compared to rocks that can tank hits 2 times over (lowballed probably.)

You are also literally just repeating the point about the moves I debunked above. Just concede Butter, neither you nor anyone else voting for Slade has a case to stand on.

So yep the votes are invalid.

Mr Exotic Goldie said:
i vote the stroke that causes death (deathstroke)
Why, what arguments are left.

Also slades arguments are debunked so you can't vote without providing new arguments.

For the last time, you never debunked anything. You failed to bring up new points. Just stop it already, its over.

Well. The trainer part is the important part of it. Since this is a wild, not a trainer one.

No it isn't Butter. Mystery dungeon Pokémon are experienced fighters in many circumstances. So again what arguments do Slades voters actually have?

Also don't just count votes down for no reason. They don't have backing even if we assume they FRA'd

Joaco0902 said:
Sorry dude, I'm not going to thouroghly read this mountain of text.

However, if it's that easy to spam these moves, then I'm leaning towards Bonsly.
Also we don't hit grace do to this.

There are huge flaws in your argument

1. It doesn't matter than Rocks are harder than elephants. The point of that is a Street level gun can pierce a wall level character. A Building level gun can pierce a building level character. The material hardly matters. What matters is the energy they give off and can tank. And what they can pierce.

Regardless. I'm not continuing this argument of you trying to give bonsly a character that they don't have. They have no reason to believe they would spam it, especially all 10/10 time.

GyroNutz said:
What I'm saying is that moves like Iron Tail, Iron Head, or other moves that come under "hitting the opponent but with metal" don't count as a weakness under verse-equalized, the same way someone like Pikachu doesn't resist swords and bullets.
Sudowoodo is Bonsly's evolution, a process that has seen Pokemon drastically change in physiology. But I digress. Being affected by sleep manip is different from being affected by tranq darts as tranq darts have to enter the bloodstream to work.

How effective is the suit against attacks that aren't the size of fists?

Alright, thanks for clearing that up.
If that's actually the case, then it needs to be clarified on the page due to how misleading it is. It still doesn't disregard penetration AP regardless.

Whenever Slade had the suit on, there was always some sort of special-case scenario that causes his suit's absorption to be bypassed. It has never been shown any sort of true limitation except when Superman pulled out all the stops, but that's expected since Superman is cosmic-tier. Slade has been through multiple explosions and feedback reactions where he takes no damage, and that's hitting across the general area of the suit.

00potato said:
The Ikon suit won't due much since he can't hurt him with the reflection (Speed difference.) So again, another moot point you somehow believe is useful. Also what stops him from mimicking a sword attack he would penetrate it with ease since, according to you blades and Guns can penetrate through hard material that can tank his attacks 2 times over even when sharp objects haven't penetrated it before. (I don't even need to explain why this argument is nonsense.
The flash scan clearly has him responding to the flash running (he activated the explosives right after he ran.) it is just an outlier speed feat. Again, moot.

Do you have any arguments that haven't been addressed or can't be debunked by reminding you of the stat difference.

Also sleep powdergg (I forgot he had that. Thanks Weekly.)
What does speed have to do with avoiding that shockwave? It's not moving at walking speed in comparison to Deathstroke. And what's stopping him from mimicking the sword attack is that it's not an ability, it's just a literal sword. I have told you 1000 times that your example of steel pokemon are living sentient beings with their own abilities, not a normal nonliving object. Please link an instance where Bonsly has mimicked something purely non-living. Not that it would matter since Slade's kinetic energy absorption suit would nullify bullets and swords, something you still ignore apparently.

You're still blatantly ignoring the entire fact that I'm pointing out that Slade's tactical intelligence made him know how to make Flash run himself to his defeat and you're trying to focus on the aspect of speed, which I have pointed out to you before that speed is completely irrelevant to the case.

You keep bringing up stat difference but nothing has changed for those arguments.

What does speed have to do with avoiding that shockwave? It's not moving at walking speed in comparison to Deathstroke. And what's stopping him from mimicking the sword attack is that it's not an ability, it's just a literal sword. I have told you 1000 times that your example of steel pokemon are living sentient beings with their own abilities, not a normal nonliving object. Please link an instance where Bonsly has mimicked something purely non-living. Not that it would matter since Slade's kinetic energy absorption suit would nullify bullets and swords, something you still ignore apparently.

You're still blatantly ignoring the entire fact that I'm pointing out that Slade's tactical intelligence made him know how to make Flash run himself to his defeat and you're trying to focus on the aspect of speed, which I have pointed out to you before that speed is completely irrelevant to the case.

You keep bringing up stat difference but nothing has changed for those arguments.

He can mimic blades, mechanical tools, and weapons (I already mentioned this but ok if want to waste time.) Pokemon with them have no resistance to copycat, so what is your proof that it wouldn't work?

The Flash feat has him reacting to the Flash, it isn't a skill feat, just an outlier speed feat (the trick wouldn't work anyway since Bonsly is smaller and wouldn't get pierced.)

Why couldn't the suit be pierced? If you can wank piercing I can too.

I bring up stats because Slade can't deal with blitz+tank. Speed let's him get out of the way, especially when he is

Wank Piercing

I'm sorry but that's easily the worst argument you've made. I don't know how many times it's got me made clear

Pierce damage is a Total Prick. A Street level gun has pierced wall level creatures. A Building level piercing gun could easily pierce a Building level creature. A times 2 or times 7 isn't stopping a gun from going through them

Back