• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Butters Brackets: Round 12 Deathstroke vs Bonsly

Buttersamuri said:
There are huge flaws in your argument

1. It doesn't matter than Rocks are harder than elephants. The point of that is a Street level gun can pierce a wall level character. A Building level gun can pierce a building level character. The material hardly matters. What matters is the energy they give off and can tank. And what they can pierce.

Regardless. I'm not continuing this argument of you trying to give bonsly a character that they don't have. They have no reason to believe they would spam it, especially all 10/10 time.
1 Mystery Dungeon, this Bonsly has more then enough intelligence to know that weakening his opponent and buffing up is the best option, especially when they are simple actions like staring at someone or tensing up (I mentioned these already but you must lack the comprehension to get the point judging by how many times you ignored it.)

How does the material not matter? Do you not know how hardness works?

How does Material not matter? Easy. Because what the material is doesn't matter at all. What the material can tank is what matters. and the materials durability is .62 tons of tnt area. So a gun that's not even twice as weak that can pierce easily goes through. The gun provides the needed energy to easily pierce through the energy that said material can tank. It could be made of diamond. It doesn't make a difference as it matters what it can tank. Not what it's made of

He can tank .62, that was the first thing I mentioned,

He can tank it after half of his buffs/debuffs. After all of them are up, It is absurd to say that that will then pierce.

Material does matter, Elephants are 9-B but their skin isn't as hard as many rocks. It is harder to pierce hard things, even if they aren't as durable in some circumstances.

Buttersamuri said:
Because what the material is doesn't matter at all.
For example, according to the profile for Elephants, the can survive shots from sniper rifles to the head, despite being made of flesh.

(I don't know if this helps but I'm just gonna leave this here)

00potato said:
He can tank .62, that was the first thing I mentioned,

He can tank it after half of his buffs/debuffs. After all of them are up, It is absurd to say that that will then pierce.

Material does matter, Elephants are 9-B but their skin isn't as hard as many rocks. It is harder to pierce hard things, even if they aren't as durable in some circumstances.
You again miss the point. You are trying to act like material even remotely matters when it really doesn't. What again matters what the material can tank. And that material is labeled At .62 tons of tnt yes. So with the debuffs at their absolute best makes it doesn't even remotelyake the durability high enough to resist bullets from even smaller guns. Let alone assault rifles, Snipers, and other big guns. It being made of rock doesn't make it tough enough to stop bullets

I know, I barely get what he is saying.

You can't just side-step how hardness works, elephants are durable but not hard. Rocks are, rock, even at similar durability to skin, are harder to pierce.

Rock alone isn't what makes him strong enough to tank. It is the debuffs/buffs. With half of them, Slades AP is below what Bonsly can tank with ease. With all of them up, It is a massive NLF to say that it pierces. (But hey when you are wrong you do everything in your power to look right, I get it.)

That isn't even getting into dodges with speed manipulation and sucker punch and just Countering.

I don't know how else to put it.

Bonsly scales to .62 Tons of tnt

Deathstroke even at being debuffed to his worst and the best situation for bonsly. He isn't remotely durable enough for pierce damage not to take effect. Pierce damage from weaker smaller guns has effected things a tier above it. Street pierces wall. So a bigger gun hitting the same exact tier is going to pierce. Let alone a smaller gun, which have shown to pierce a tier above. And yes. Guns have gone through rocks before too. Smaller pistols can do it. An assault rifle does the same no question

That's the last time I'm going to explain it.

Bruh you are just acting like a sad clown at this point. I already dealt with those points, stop repeating yourself and just effing concede, you are wasting our time by stalling.

Bonsky tanks .62. Slade can't hurt him with most things at half debuffs. How are guns gonna work at twice that AP difference? That is more then enough to not get hurt.

Just saying "guns pierce tier gaps." doesn't mean much since the tiers are next to each other, so not that far apart.

Also you still haven't disproved hardness.

00potato said:
He can mimic blades, mechanical tools, and weapons (I already mentioned this but ok if want to waste time.) Pokemon with them have no resistance to copycat, so what is your proof that it wouldn't work?

The Flash feat has him reacting to the Flash, it isn't a skill feat, just an outlier speed feat (the trick wouldn't work anyway since Bonsly is smaller and wouldn't get pierced.)

Why couldn't the suit be pierced? If you can wank piercing I can too.

I bring up stats because Slade can't deal with blitz+tank. Speed let's him get out of the way, especially when he is
You keep "mentioning it" but you aren't proving it, yet you went on a giant rant about wanting me to post something illegal that should've been common sense. Do these pokemon have these weapons as their separate arsenal, and are not floating gears?

If it was solely something related to speed feat, than Deathstroke wouldn't need to have relied on formulating a distraction and special use of his gear to even get Flash to impale himself in the first place. But you're so demandent on focusing on speed, that even though that I've already pointed this out to you, you STILL ignore what I'm bringing up about tactical experienced with people physically faster than him.

First off, it's not wank. I've proven this several times over, hell you can literally prove it yourself by lightly grazing your skin with your fingernail. Even a piece of paper can cause a papercut. Paper. Something that only weight 4.5 grams. Something that needs to travel at 50 mph just to reach 1 joule of kinetic energy, yet it can cut into skin. Please give me actual reason to believe I'm 'wanking piercing'. Anyways the suit is literally more durable the smaller the surface area of the attack is.

You're so focused on your one scenario of Bonsly supposedly speeding and tanking, which btw you still ignore me bringing up that Bonsly's combat speed doesn't increase, only attack speed (see this since you can't tell the difference), that you're not realizing that this is not Bonsly's go-to move, and is definitely a small fraction of all the scenarios this battle can go.

Joaco0902 said:
Buttersamuri said:
Because what the material is doesn't matter at all.
For example, according to the profile for Elephants, the can survive shots from sniper rifles to the head, despite being made of flesh.
(I don't know if this helps but I'm just gonna leave this here)
The bullet still penetrated the skin. The elephant survived because it wasn't a bullet properly aimed.

"Such was the case with Pretty Boy, who was hit just centimeters too high for a "kill shot." Instead, the bullet glanced off his skull and caused a fracture in the bones of his sinuses. Furthermore, his head wound was infected. "It was essential to remove the dead pieces of bone so that the body could continue to heal the infection," Marabini said."

Also, I've found nothing about it being a sniper bullet. The most I've found anyways was "Marabini added that a professional hunter would have used a more appropriate bullet."

So honestly, that being in the durability section of the Elephant page is questionable.

Yes I have proved it but I guess I shouldn't expect the edgy teen with a sonic OC to pay attention. (Literally all of the below points have been repeated from before, but you clearly don't want to look at them, being wrong is hard, I get it buddy.) Decideye, Farfetched, Genesect, and more all use seller weapons.

I already went over him using the amps first and I am tired a repeating that specific point because you are too stupid to read my response.

Rock polish reduces drag. Which impedes movement, so yeah you just pulled that out of your ass, as to be expected.

I just went over hardness, but you ignored it. But if you are right, then it will pierce through the Ikon suit and Bonsly will be able to dodge with amps anyway, so you are still wrong and completely screwed.

Tactics don't mean much if you literally can't hurt or react to your opponent. If he couldn't react, then he couldn't have set up the swords or set off the explosives before getting recked. So it is just an outlier that you desperately want to wank into being relevant.

Acting like a sad clown. When you start resorting to petty insults like that, it makes you look desperate and is unprofessional. You've already resorted to comments like this and much worse and it gets annoying. Stop it.

Again assuming the unreal outcome of him actually spamming all of debuffs and Amps at the start which is extremely unreal. But I've explained how Guns can easily pierce above their tier.

It does matter a lot. Let smaller guns don't go past 1,000 joules. They are piecing things over hundred times stronger then them as a smaller gun. A larger gun is massively stronger. To make it clear. To be resist larger guns such as assault rifles. You have to be 9-A.

The hardness doesn't have as much effect. A gun can break rock. Even that much weaker. My point on how tough you have to be to resist bigger guns should prove that alone.

I guess every character that can take Assault Fire and any non pistol shot is 9-A (Hint, they aren't, and you aren't correct, even the server you use to make your failure of an argument fundamentally disagrees or else TF2 wouldn't be under downgrades.)

So no, that doesn't stand.

Code:
The insult stands because you are just stalling for time and wasting it with already adressed arguments, if you are gonna be unprofessional and annoying then that is what you are gonna get. If you can't take the heat, then get out of the arena buddy.
I already addressed your statements about piercing, so don't bring them up like I am bringing mine up now.

"Yes I have proved it but I guess I shouldn't expect the edgy teen with a sonic OC to pay attention"

Ok. No. Stop it right now. I don't care if your right or not. Drop the petty insults. Your petty insults and attempts to shame people on their look on a fight needs to stop

00potato said:
I guess every character that can take Assault Fire and any non pistol shot is 9-A (Hint, they aren't, and you aren't correct, even the server you use to make your failure of an argument fundamentally disagrees or else TF2 wouldn't be under downgrades.)

So no, that doesn't stand.
Anyone who can tank an assault rifle without it piercing them yes is 9-A. Anyone who can just tank being shot by one but it still pierces them is not 9-A.

And you have no right to insult people for having a different outlook. Better drop that fast. You have no right and are acting extremely unprofessional. If your right or wrong, gives you no right to disrespect anyone here.

I am not insulting anyone for having a different outlook, I am insulting people for repeating the same tired, debunked points and getting offended when people get fed up with it.

I checked the rules, I actually do have the right.

Calling Butter an edgy teen with a sonic oc isn't an insult? Huh. I must be stupid, cuz an insult is an insult, no matter the reason. No else has insulted you.

00potato said:
Yes I have proved it but I guess I shouldn't expect the edgy teen with a sonic OC to pay attention. (Literally all of the below points have been repeated from before, but you clearly don't want to look at them, being wrong is hard, I get it buddy.)
Decideye, Farfetched, Genesect, and more all use seller weapons.

I already went over him using the amps first and I am tired a repeating that specific point because you are too stupid to read my response.

Rock polish reduces drag. Which impedes movement, so yeah you just pulled that out of your ass, as to be expected.

I just went over hardness, but you ignored it. But if you are right, then it will pierce through the Ikon suit and Bonsly will be able to dodge with amps anyway, so you are still wrong and completely screwed.

Tactics don't mean much if you literally can't hurt or react to your opponent. If he couldn't react, then he couldn't have set up the swords or set off the explosives before getting recked. So it is just an outlier that you desperately want to wank into being relevant.
Nice job bringing up a completely irrelevant topic as if thinking that insulting will prove your point.

The point of this is to prove that Bonsly can copy separate weapons and not pokemon abilities themselves.

You seem to keep forgetting that I say this.

You assume that I was saying Rock Polish wasn't some sort of speed increase? It's like you blatantly ignored what I said.

You're acting like I've never said this. I'm aware of what rock polish is, I went out of my way to show evidence that I went and researched what it was. It's just a stat boost that ingame, allows you to attack first. It does not blitz the other opponent before they can react, it does not suddenly decrease their opponent's evasive rate or anything, and the very description of the ability implies faster movement speed, but not necessarily increased sharp turns and thinking pace. Nothing implies increased overall combat speed, and honestly now thinking about it, I really wanna know if this multiplier is truly a percentage increase or a game speed point status.

Did you just ignore what I said about surface area? The SMALLER the surface area, the HIGHER the Ikon suit's defense. Attacking the Ikon suit with sharp objects only increases the potency of the kinetic energy absorption. Bonsly cannot stab the Ikon suit.

The entire point of that scene I linked you was to show that Flash walked himself into that trap, Slade didn't need to rely on himself swinging the blade at the right time to hit Flash, he just used it to control Flash's movements in order to predict where he landed next. Deathstroke is regarded as one of the top tactical geniuses in the DC Universe for a reason.

Now how about you cut out the insulting and actually focus on what I say so I don't have to repeatedly call you out for ignoring things? Then we won't be repeating topics over and over.

00potato said:
I am not insulting anyone for having a different outlook, I am insulting people for repeating the same tired, debunked points and getting offended when people get fed up with it.

I checked the rules, I actually do have the right.
Are you joking? Yes you are.

No. You don't. Not even remotely. You can't be seriously thinking you can. The rules do not have to state the obvious idea that you can't treat anyone like that.

Nice job bringing up a completely irrelevant topic as if thinking that insulting will prove your point.

The point of this is to prove that Bonsly can copy separate weapons and not pokemon abilities themselves.

You seem to keep forgetting that I say this.

You assume that I was saying Rock Polish wasn't some sort of speed increase? It's like you blatantly ignored what I said.

You're acting like I've never said this. I'm aware of what rock polish is, I went out of my way to show evidence that I went and researched what it was. It's just a stat boost that ingame, allows you to attack first. It does not blitz the other opponent before they can react, it does not suddenly decrease their evasive rate or anything, and the very description of the ability implies faster movement speed, but not necessarily increased sharp turns and thinking pace. Nothing implies increased overall combat speed, and honestly now thinking about it, I really wanna know if this multiplier is truly a percentage increase or a game speed point status. Did you just ignore what I said about surface area? The SMALLER the surface area, the HIGHER the Ikon suit's defense. Attacking the Ikon suit with sharp objects only increases the potency of the kinetic energy absorption. Bonsly cannot stab the Ikon suit. The entire point of that sene I linked you was to show that Flash walked himself into that trap, Slade didn't need to rely on himself swinging the blade at the right time to hit Flash, he just used it to control Flash's movements in order to predict where he landed next. Deathstroke is regarded as one of the top tactical geniuses in the DC Universe for a reason. Now how about you cut out the insulting and actually focus on what I say so I don't have to repeatedly call you out for ignoring things?

I did bring up Pokémon that use separate weapons, he can copy those just fine. So why wouldn't he be able to copy gun or sword.

Faster thinking speed is just the only logical conclusion, his speed increases in every way, the only way that it could be useful like it is in game is if his thoughts scale with his speed.

The Flash feat wouldn't be possible if slade couldn't activate the explosives in time, so the flash isn't blitz worthy in comparison to Slade. Bonsly is. The amp goes up to 4 times, the debuff goes up to 4 times, in total 8 times. That is blitz worthy, turn based games being turned based doesn't change that.

Higher surface area must mean less defense, so Bonsly himself will be fine against it then, he has large round balls on his head, a headbutt/punch from that or you know, Rocks/Boulders Falling from the sky, or mimicked explosions wouldn't trigger the suit much, so your point turns your argument against you.

Pokemon are inherently hard wired for combat and going by Mystery Dungeon they have bare minimum human level intelligence

How would he know to keep spamming a status move? And what stops Deathstroke from shooting him a bunch and then chopping him up?

And dont say, "its a rock", because there are many moves in Pokemon that are bullets, some of which can even pierce.

Necromercer said:
How would he know to keep spamming a status move? And what stops Deathstroke from shooting him a bunch and then chopping him up?
He would know, he has a fair bit of combat experience with his relatively limited moveset, and is wired for combat. Also again his Mystery Dungeon intellegence is fairly high.

Amps and moves such as Sucker Punch would stop gun since he tanks his stuff 2-4 times over and blitzes.

Yeah. pretty sure bullets can pierce rocks anyway. Besides, Pokemon moves can be disrupted by flinching....quite sure a bullet would make someone flinch.

Necromercer said:
Yeah. pretty sure bullets can pierce rocks anyway. Besides, Pokemon moves can be disrupted by flinching....quite sure a bullet would make someone flinch.
Except there arent bullet moves in pokemon that make them flinch

Necromercer said:
Not when they can tank it multiple times over and haven't been pierced by other sharp moves like pin Missle.

00potato said:
I did bring up Pokémon that use separate weapons, he can copy those just fine. So why wouldn't he be able to copy gun or sword.

Faster thinking speed is just the only logical conclusion, his speed increases in every way, the only way that it could be useful like it is in game is if his thoughts scale with his speed.

The Flash feat wouldn't be possible if slade couldn't activate the explosives in time, so the flash isn't blitz worthy in comparison to Slade. Bonsly is. The amp goes up to 4 times, the debuff goes up to 4 times, in total 8 times. That is blitz worthy, turn based games being turned based doesn't change that.

Higher surface area must mean less defense, so Bonsly himself will be fine against it then, he has large round balls on his head, a headbutt/punch from that or you know, Rocks/Boulders Falling from the sky, or mimicked explosions wouldn't trigger the suit much, so your point turns your argument against you.
What part of proof don't you understand? Do you need an analogy? I'm asking for proof like "you basically asking me to post a video of someone with an AK-47 shooting an elephant to death" proof. What was that you said earlier?

00potato said:
If you aren't even willing to give evidence for your claims, people won't take your claims seriously.
Uhh... except that's not the case. Do you not think someone couldn't perform better if their 15 mph punches suddenly became 60 mph punches? You can literally be normal human in combat speed with supersonic attack speed via using a gun.

Except at the same time, the Flash feat involves the Flash moving a lot faster than 4 times Slade's speed. Slade moving a distance of one foot against a person moving four feet would be 4 times faster. Flash did not move less than his own body length, he literally went in a giant circle.

You're acting as if higher surface area than a fist means no defense, which is obviously not the case at all, dude. It's not as casual as 'chucking rocks', because the kinetic energy will still absorb majority of the impact, making the damage negligible if any at all, if anything only increasing the energey release for a feedback. You're really underestimating this suit.

Isn't Bonsly's intelligence too low for it to come up with calculated ways to beat Deathstroke? I know Pokemon are (for the most part) inherently good for combat, but this is a baby Pokemon.

Bullet seed would logically be far less piercing then a literal sharp needle shot at comparably high speed. so yeah it is more likely a feat for the seeds rather then a point against my argument.

Back