• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Broly Spoilers for Dragon Ball Movie.

We really need someone to archive one of the stream so a link can be posted here to analyse the whole thing.

Clips are available on YouTube though, you can easily find them.

@ZERO Can you also make sure if Broly learned that paralysis technique and used it on Goku, or just reflected it back?

EDIT: From what I've heard, when Broly does it the ki is green so it might be Broly learning it really fast.

Basically Goku used paralysis with the red aura blocking Broly, who then freed himself and did the same with Goku being briefly blocked by the green aura until he was hit.

Ok, so reactive evolution and paralysis inducement for Ikari Broly. Good.

Ikari Broly seems to have 2 states though. One with yellow eyes and green aura and another when he become HUGE.

Also, Goku preform way better than Vegeta, like, way better.

AKM sama said:
Goku too since he is the one who paralysed Broly in the first place and he almost bocked the paralysis that Broly copied.

Also they broke like three or four dimension given that there was the 'broken glass' effect that many time.

Dragomer said:
Goku too since he is the one who paralysed Broly in the first place and he almost bocked the paralysis that Broly copied.
I already updated Goku's profile.

I hope we'll get more info on those dimensions, the whole scene remind me of those old budokai intro where you had Kid Buu and Goku kicking each other into other dimensions and stuff like that.

Dimension scene looked far better than what I imagined. Just imagine if they are stated to be Infinite in size like the world of void...

Ovrhide said:
Dimension scene looked far better than what I imagined.
Just imagine if they are stated to be Infinite in size like the world of void...
I just want to see the meltdown if they are called stuff like 'the 7th dimensions' and stuff like that, Mr Mxy's fans would lose their shit.

KLOL506 said:
They'd have to be explained at a scientific level tho, XP.
Meh, DC and Tenchi Muyo never explained their dimension on a scientific level, they just name dropped them.

AKM sama said:
Power Mimicry will be a lot more fitting for this instead of reactive evolution, since that's what he did. Saiyans like Goku and Vegeta also have these traits.

AKM sama said:
According to some spoilers they shatter several dimensions until they shatter back to Earth, is that not the case?
It's now confirmed that they go to some sort of alternate space and Broly ends up punching and destroying several alternate dimensions during his battle with Gogeta.

2-C Broly, maybe.

AKM sama said:
AKM sama said:
Power Mimicry will be a lot more fitting for this instead of reactive evolution, since that's what he did. Saiyans like Goku and Vegeta also have these traits.
Yeah, it works better, reactive evolution would be more like the paralysis wouldn't work anymore on Broly or stuff like that rather than him copying the technique.

Though, why is the paralysis inducement in the UI Omen part rather than the SSJG part of Goku's profile ? since he did the technique in SSJG, or is it the post TOP part ? i tend to forgot how it's organised.

@Kep We'll need confirmation whether those dimensions are universe-sized or not, though.

AKM sama said:
We'll need confirmation whether those dimensions are universe-sized or not, though.
That's why i said i hope we get more info on them, it's also just weird to have random dimensions pop up despite being never mentionned in the cosmology.

Shouldn't Broly get extended range given how big he is in his full power form ? his arms are longer than some people with swords, hell, aren't they longer than Gogeta's whole body ?

Dragomer said:
Though, why is the paralysis inducement in the UI Omen part rather than the SSJG part of Goku's profile ? since he did the technique in SSJG, or is it the post TOP part ? i tend to forgot how it's organised.
It's in his "Post second Ultra Instinct -Sign-/Broly Saga" key, since all of Goku's stats are exactly the same as they were in the ToP post-UIO2.

Putting feats aside. I really hated how Broly got absolutely destroyed near the end of the movie, it was really one sided beat down.

SSBXeno573 said:
There's a light novel for the film coming out so perhaps that might give more description to the dimensions.
Theres a light novel and another seperate novel adaptation coming out. Those are the best bets since I highly doubt the movie does anything descriptive involving them other than for a visual factor.

For those who have seen the whole film how do you rank this one narrative wise compared to the other movies?

Best in my opinion.

Better exposition, characters, art, fights and plot progression than the rest, though it was rushed at points.

Goku should have another key that's Post-UI or Post-ToP. Cause he got another boost which made his base stronger than 17 + Golden Frieza.

I swear, I didn't even feel gogeta put in more than 5% of his power against LSSJ broly. That was as one sided as normal jiren vs MUI goku, and broly is likely even above LB jiren.

BTW, something to note here is that they started shattering the dimension in regular ssj. So it says a lot on how powerful they were before stepping into a form above.

Dragomer said:
Shouldn't Broly get extended range given how big he is in his full power form ? his arms are longer than some people with swords, hell, aren't they longer than Gogeta's whole body ?
If he can reach 1 - 2m with physical strikes, yes.

Ovrhide said:
I swear, I didn't even feel gogeta put in more than 5% of his power against LSSJ broly. That was as one sided as normal jiren vs MUI goku, and broly is likely even above LB jiren.

BTW, something to note here is that they started shattering the dimension in regular ssj. So it says a lot on how powerful they were before stepping into a form above.
Eh Gogeta seemed going all out in the end for me

SSBXeno573 said:
Best in my opinion.
Better exposition, characters, art, fights and plot progression than the rest, though it was rushed at points.
The rushed part is because they had to cut a lot of stuff, apparently there was enough stuff for around double it's current running time, Toriyama really went all out with his script.

46945704 279104059355032 7753020877976574474 n
I don't know if it's possible but if someone could render base Vegeta from this, we can use that until we get good pics.

Broly Size

Broly's arm is effectively longer than Gogeta's whole body, putting his melee range at almost 2 meter, so yeah, IMO, he should get extended melee range, it's extremly minor but i'm OCD like that sometime.

Dark649 said:
Dragomer said:
If he can reach 1 - 2m with physical strikes, yes.
Yes. Dark can make the changes since the profile is locked now lol

Eh Gogeta seemed going all out in the end for me

Not to me. He put more power, never felt he went all out. Especially since Lssj didn't seem like it was over 1,000s of times beyond his ssj, and ssb is stupidly above ssj.

BTW, did anyone catch those UI goku vs LB jiren references after Broly powers uo for the last time?

AKM sama said:
Yes. Dark can make the changes since the profile is locked now lol
Apperently with the new range, Toei Base Broly is already several meters with physical strikes by being slightly over two meters, this could be the same for Base Canon Broly.

DBS Broly already made over 8,7 million in 3 days in japan only, it's a new records for the franchise.

And that's despite pretty bad handling from Toei who didn't project the movie in enough location, if it had been handled like a proper blockbuster rather than some kind of special event, it would have probably made even more money, hopefully they correct the shot for the american and european release.

Most char. like Vegeta are slightly over 1 meter, which would upgrade them normally to extended melee range phisically, but not only them but most other profiles on the with over 1 meter in height. Since i don't want to revise all of them, i think the range system should discussed again.

Back