• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Broly Spoilers for Dragon Ball Movie.

Dragomer said:
News Flash : DBS Broly dethroned Bohemian Rapsody as the number 1 movie in japan.
People should really link their sources when saying stuff like this. There's a lot of bs out there from 4chan I believe.

AKM sama said:
Dragomer said:
News Flash : DBS Broly dethroned Bohemian Rapsody as the number 1 movie in japan.
People should really link their sources when saying stuff like this. There's a lot of bs out there from 4chan I believe.
It come from Geekdom and the box office thread on Kazenshuu, same as before.

Dragomer said:
In the novel, it's said that Paragus cut off Broly's tail everytime it grew back.
Jesus Christ I knew the novels would give extra pieces of information like this. Little tid bits of information that might add up to interesting story details. People thought they would be word for word adaptations.

i watched the bad view of the movie they didnt say anything about them destroying a dimension BUT... it looks like they destroyed reality (3 times) .. (not sure if there the same thing)

AKM sama said:
@Kep We'll need confirmation whether those dimensions are universe-sized or not, though.
Or whether or not it was multiple at once? Video got struck by the copyright so I can't view the scene.

See that's the thing, they didn't destroy both dimensions at once. They destroyed one, got transported to another, then destroyed that one. Thats like destroying our solar system in one shot, teleporting to another one, destroying that one, and calling him 4-A. It has to be in one go, not one at a time.

Not to mention the very first dimension they shattered (Earth Universe) was completely fine despite getting shattered (reality warping punches anybody)?

They destroyed more than 2 dimension though, you see the 'glass shattering effect' like 3 time during their dimension fight.

Not at once. I even made a thread over it long ago and it was confirmed that yes, destroying multiple universes but one at a time is not 2-C.

I'd really rather have that then 2-C. Low 2-C is a decent tier for these guys. I feel like 2-Cs would give him similar W/L ratios to his DBH version.

Lightbuster30 said:
(reality warping punches anybody)?
Their beam attacks caused reality to shatter in the first place, it's Reality Warping but limited imo since only their attacks affect reality

I'm still not really sold on the Reality Warping. There's nothing warped, besides the fact they end up in some other dimension or space, so I'd just put it down to Space Manipulation.

LightinAnt said:
Lightbuster30 said:
(reality warping punches anybody)?
Their beam attacks caused reality to shatter in the first place, it's Reality Warping but limited imo since only their attacks affect reality
Yeah but their attacks are litteraly just their ki and everything they do is ki powered anyway; also it both shattered it and 'brough it back'.

The novel is the best bet, as whether any dimension was destroyed is very uncertain still. They originally make the same break effect when they end up transported, but when they get back it's pretty obvious their original reality is without a scratch.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I'm still not really sold on the Reality Warping. There's nothing warped, besides the fact they end up in some other dimension or space, so I'd just put it down to Space Manipulation.
They literally shatter reality like glass in the scene and their final punch reshapes everything back to where they were previously. You have to watch the scene to get some context, though i don't want to argue about it and it's just my opinion anyways so you're free to disagree.

Only their attacks affect reality, i.e in matches where they have the AP advanatage this literally doesn't matter since its limited

If their strongest attacks can shatter, then re-create reality yet doesn't affect them, wouldn't that give them resistance to it? (Minor)

I'm not arguing whether is limited or not, but that they don't reconstruct anything. Or at least, that's what it looks like with the context I have. They are somewhere, punch stuff and then they are elsewhere, punch again and elsewhere, punch again and back. There's literally nothing to assume the dimensions were destroyed as they fought because reality was okay when they came back, and there's also no Reality Warping visible because nothing implies reality is being affected beyond them going elsewhere.

If the novel really addresses what's happening or gives more context, it would help a lot.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I'm not arguing whether is limited or not, but that they don't reconstruct anything.
If the novel really addresses what's happening or gives more context, it would help a lot.
Didn't imply it was about wether or not its limited, just argued that it COULD be reality warping since they literally shatter Reality and then somehow undo everything to come back to the real world.

Yeah i'm hoping the Novel gives some context

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I'm not arguing whether is limited or not, but that they don't reconstruct anything. Or at least, that's what it looks like with the context I have. They are somewhere, punch stuff and then they are elsewhere, punch again and elsewhere, punch again and back. There's literally nothing to assume the dimensions were destroyed as they fought because reality was okay when they came back, and there's also no Reality Warping visible because nothing implies reality is being affected beyond them going elsewhere.
except they don't move, the place they fight is the same in both scene, they didn't move, they didn't go through a portal, everything break around and they break whatever it became and it was back to normal

I know, I just meant more with the given visual information, that's more a hope than a possibility. Nothing in the image seem to imply it's the case and feels like hoping for too much.

Then again Broly can Oozaru without a tail or becoming Oozaru, so anything is possible right now. **** logic my friends :U

Now that I think about it, when Goku tanked the spirit bomb he was probably sent to an alternate dimension.

Similar trigger too since it was 2 massive energies clashing against each other.

@Dragomer it is possible they only broke the dimensional barriers is a smaller area, rather than the whole thing. Could explain how the entire dimension was somehow unharmed.

Dragomer said:
except they don't move, the place they fight is the same in both scene, they didn't move, they didn't go through a portal, everything break around and they break whatever it became and it was back to normal
And? Are you gonna show the manual of universal teleporting ways and streamlined teleporting techniques? Ending in the same place after breaking a hole back to their dimension can be easily explained as spatial coordinates in one dimension corresponding to another's. But like the Reality Warping, it's assuming too much from too little.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Dragomer said:
And? Are you gonna show the manual of universal teleporting ways and streamlined teleporting techniques? Ending in the same place after breaking a hole back to their dimension can be easily explained as spatial coordinates in one dimension corresponding to another's. But like the Reality Warping, it's assuming too much from too little.
We litteraly know how it look when someone teleport (IT and Kai Kai, both are fundamentaly different but have the same effect), when someone just fly there (Whis, Vados, Zeno's bodyguard) and when someone make a dimensional hole (Super Buu and Gotenks) in dragon ball, i agree we don't have enough info to say what it actualy is but we know enough to say what it wasn't.

Or do we really? No, we don't even know what it wasn't. Kai Kai and IT is mere tele without disturbing the enviroment and Buu is the only proper showcase of someone forcing a portal, then Gotenks exactly copies him. Deciding what isn't because this highly stylistic movie isn't following past cues is couting your chickens before they are even born in my book. We already had people thinking UI because of Gogeta's aura but that's just the producers adding kewl effects. Artistic freedom as far as I am concerned until there's more info.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Or do we really? No, we don't even know what it wasn't. Kai Kai and IT is mere tele without disturbing the enviroment and Buu is the only proper showcase of someone forcing a portal, then Gotenks exactly copies him. Deciding what isn't because this highly stylistic movie isn't following past cues is couting your chickens before they are even born in my book. We already had people thinking UI because of Gogeta's aura but that's just the producers adding kewl effects. Artistic freedom in my books until more info is out.
Yes, because as far as we know, all teleportation in dragon ball doesn't disturbe the environement; as the only two exemple show.

No, it's called taking known factors into account, that's all, we already know how they artiscticaly choose to make those two things works and it doesn't correspond to that dimension stuff, meaning it's a new thing.

Indeed, as far as we know. And with what we know, assuming Reality Warping is a bigger logical leap that makes no sense. So suddenly the possibility of another way doesn't exist, when it's two totally different characters ridiculously stronger than the ones known? And it's not 1 trying to achieve something but the side effect of 2 fighting? That sounds like being close minded or predisposed.

And we also know that's a series decades old and, dragon ball being dragon ball, there's no reason to believe spatial wall breakage or what have you would pull cues off from something Majin Buu did ages ago. It looks cool, which is a reason the series does a lot, that's all I am seeing.

Back