• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Broly Spoilers for Dragon Ball Movie.

AntorusTheBurningThrone said:
So, Broly pushed Goku to his limit, forcing him to go U.I for a bit?
And that's pre-SSJ? oof
Yeah but only for like 1 second, when he power up from SSJG to SSJB, he goes very briefly into UI in the screenshot.

Well, after watching the scenes with Frieza I'm confident in saying that he is stronger than Goku and Vegeta. The pair combined were exhausted and incapable of doing anything to Broly in less than five minutes. Frieza lasted an hour and shocked Broly with the power of Golden...Broly is depicted as beating on Frieza after the first Veku fusion (Which probably indicates after half an hour) and by the end, Frieza is shown to be amused and impressed by Broly's power.

Frieza recovers pretty much completely by the end of the fight between Gogeta and Broly and is shown to be completely confident (compared to the ToP where he was basically mind broken after Toppo and was going crazy). Overall, I'm fairly confident that he should be Low 2-C and is arguably stronger than Goku and Vegeta.

The reality shattering feat looks really impressive but I doubt Gogeta or Broly will get above Low 2-C...not until the scene can be properly inspected and there is more information about what exactly they were destroying.

It's also worth noting that SSB Goku and Ikari Broly were fighting around and coated in lava with neither of them being effected so that's a nice feat.

LightinAnt said:
AKM said this classifies as Space-Time Manipulation but it looked more like Reality Wariping to me
Reality warping encompasses a very wide variety of hax. Toppo was also given reality warping for warping the World of Void, but it was later changed to Spatial Manipulation. In Gogeta vs Broly, if there is no indication of any time changes in those dimensions, it will be changed to just Spatial Manipulation imo.

@Cryo Especially during the movie he was incredibly confident, and even blocked Ikari Broly's powered up blast in his final form, which Goku struggled to hold back and required SSB for. He also stood still when SSJ1 Broly's were flying everywhere, implying he wasn't worried and he could tank one of them... In final form. So... He's definitely likely at least as powerful as Goku and Vegeta currently, likely quite a bit stronger.

Saw the cam version of the movie and I have to say that Broly is my new favourite DBS character. With the way the movie ended I can say that Broly will most probably be an ally of Goku in the near future. Also his relationship with that green chick is adoreable.

So, which version of Broly does Kale tap on? I would say she's stronger than base Broly right? maybe initial rage Broly as well

I would love to see Jiren fight Broly lol. Also it is hinted that Broly has the potential to become much more stronger than what is shown in the movie.

Kale is very much not close to anything Broly related by the end of the movie, mainly because of his progressive and absurd power growth. Just see what he's doing when Vegeta first starts pounding him in base and how he progresses from there in a few minutes.

Kale, at best and only possibly I would say if she compares at all, maybe compares at her full power to Base Broly at the movie start.

-BANLK- said:
I would love to see Jiren fight Broly lol. Also it is hinted that Broly has the potential to become much more stronger than what is shown in the movie.
Ayy lmao doesn't stand a chance.

Maxresdefault (1)e

@LsirLance You are right. With Broly's absurd power growth he will soon turn the table against full power Kale, even in his base form.

It is kinda funny that not too long ago people used to make fanfictions about god of destruction level Broly.

Well, part of the issue is Broly is much more combative and he had more of a spot light to develop his stupidly absurd inherent power. Kale showed potential to grow ******* quick after gaining her confidence and is a big throw where she'd go from there, but the power difference and Broly's more obvious and absurd growth means she has no chance.

Also, apparently I see the Wrathful Form is suppsoed to be pretty much human Giant Ape, which is... interesting.

The design is cool but unfortunately SS4 does not match with the general theme of Dragon ball. Though who am I to say, it can become canon.

The downplay is real, people saying SS Broly is only 4-5 times stronger than SSB Goku when he was going toe to toe with SS Gogeta lol.

I just watched the full movie and I'm pretty sure that Broly is weaker than Jiren.

And his LSSJ form was hella underwhelming.

AKM sama said:
AKM sama said:
Ok, so reactive evolution and paralysis inducement for Ikari Broly. Good.
Power Mimicry will be a lot more fitting for this instead of reactive evolution, since that's what he did. Saiyans like Goku and Vegeta also have these traits.
Eh it looked more like Reactive evolution, remember that's Broly's entire thing, that he gets stronger as he fights and after Goku used Paralysis on him he then resisted it and used it against him too

-BANLK- said:
Kale at her best is only stronger than base Broly.
Not even LSS2 Kale stands a chance against Base Broly. Base Broly is stronger than everybody that isn't Spirit Bomb lvl in the ToP. So only six characters in the ToP are stronger than him in Base.

Just saw some new clips of the fights.

The only thing I'm happy about is the paralysis technique and lava scene.

I've met people claiming Goku can't survive lava because of that 1 scene in the freiza saga.

Well now he can get a mouth-full of lava and nothing happens. So glad that's debunked properly.

Any idea if some translations or statements for that dimension shattering thing will be out?

Those lava scenes in the Frieza saga were anime filler iirc. You guys are talking like this is the first time any saiyan has survived lava. Vegeta slashed a big wall of lava with his hand in his fight against Magetta without any damage.

ZERO7772 said:
Saiyans are especially bad. No one want them back anyway, why bother?
Cause given all the dangers around, having more potential Gokus and Vegetas is important in case everything goes to shit ?

and the namekian are chill but only after they had to endure what was basicaly a extinction event and King Piccolo existed.

Back