• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bowser Jr. Revision: Missing Abilities

Being able to manipulate snow is still ice manipulation though. It's not like he rolls down the hill and becomes a snowball the characters all form the snow around them first.

The theme park attraction has a story and references to many Mario games but sure I guess.

Also, I provided other evidence for enhanced senses earlier in the thread, such as sensing invisible blocks and areas where hidden treasure lay in Bowser's Fury as well as being able to sniff out Mario having Rare Stickers in Sticker Star. Also funny you say I'm stretching And then throw your own interpretation for the Mario Party thing. There's no proof Kamek/Magikoopa nor Shy Guy have contact with Bowser nor Jr. and if anything the story mode implies they don't as they have to travel WITH Mario unless they have telepathy or phones or something. A more believable counter is that Jr. simply travels back and forth. The minions Bowser conjures/summons have to get to the places Mario the the minions travel to so they have to cross these distances in short timeframes. Teleportation is a possibility, and even physically traveling the distances is a possibility. Admittedly it's not a good example which I've found out after using it.

As for the Regen, it's based on the fact the paint is treated as a form of matter manipulation and Shadow Mario's animation is exactly the same as the animation for Mario entering portals. But I did say it's just a potential argument one could make, not solid. And he would resist the matter manipulation aspect anyways

Last edited:
I've edited the original post now. Everything there should be accepted.

But what about the optional equipment and the abilities of the creations?

If more scans are needed for the equipment and enemies it may take a while given there's a lot, and not many playthroughs use Ice Mario on Bowser Jr. specifically

Well if we're including Puzzles and Dragons there's also Junior Smash automatically cutting half your HP regardless of the health and some stat boosts. I think he might be able to revive Bowser and the Koopalings too.

Well if we're including Puzzles and Dragons there's also Junior Smash automatically cutting half your HP regardless of the health and some stat boosts. I think he might be able to revive Bowser and the Koopalings too.
Well we should only accept stuff with scans for now, and I think its time you send this to staff members

Being able to manipulate snow is still ice manipulation though. It's not like he rolls down the hill and becomes a snowball the characters all form the snow around them first.
Yeah, they take the already existing snow around them to make a snowball. That's not ice manipulation, anyone can do that.

Also, I provided other evidence for enhanced senses earlier in the thread, such as sensing invisible blocks and areas where hidden treasure lay in Bowser's Fury as well as being able to sniff out Mario having Rare Stickers in Sticker Star. Also funny you say I'm stretching And then throw your own interpretation for the Mario Party thing. There's no proof Kamek/Magikoopa nor Shy Guy have contact with Bowser nor Jr. and if anything the story mode implies they don't as they have to travel WITH Mario unless they have telepathy or phones or something.
Sensing invisible blocks is fine for enhanced senses. But there's nothing to suggest that Bowser Jr is using some ESP to know what's going on, since Kamek is strongly implied to be the one watching all of Mario's actions.

Anything that I hadn't commented on before I'm largely fine with.

"strongly implied" is still your headcanon but whatever.

And no? Let's see you form the snow around yourself into a ball. The characters are literally encapsulating themselves in the snow which is why not just anyone can do it. It's clearly an ability. I don't get the argument here. Besides, there's blue shells in Strikers the characters can use including Jr. that freeze people.

And no? Let's see you form the snow around yourself into a ball. The characters are literally encapsulating themselves in the snow which is why not just anyone can do it. It's clearly an ability. I don't get the argument here. Besides, there's blue shells in Strikers the characters can use including Jr. that freeze people.
Are you saying I can't make a snowball? Also mario strikers power-ups would be optional equipment at best, but sure, that works.

Meh. I don't really care that much anyways.

Anyways, it seems most of this can be applied. Perhaps we need one more staff input and then it should be fine?

There's still the Durability Negation from Puzzles and Dragons, High-Mid Regen, Elemental Intangibility, and Inorganic Physiology for Shadow Mario as well. Also adding Matter Manip to his Paint's abilities as well as the Bowser's Fury Black Paint's abilities. Attack Reflection too. I think that would be the last of it for the most standard base things. I suppose I'll add some of the equipment abilities too since they seem to be uncontroversial. And the creations of the paint's abilities too

Last edited:
Puzzle And Dragons probably have feats for Mario characters that could be used for another thread, good finds! :O

How big would the Boomsday Machine be? I'm trying to figure out if it'll be able to just barely pass for Type 2 or if it's just gonna be the biggest Type 1 he has. I guess I'll look it up to see if anyone's done the comparisons yet and update later

Nah it's just Type 1.

Last edited:
Lol oops. My problem was apparently when I looked at the page I was logging out for some reason.

Anyways, I crafted a quick compilation of what I plan to add to the profile, and the summons part is entirely new so bear with me and we can discuss if it's okay to add.

|-|Paint Summons= [[Immortality]] (Types 2, 3, 4, 7, and 8; Fury Shadows will continue to resurrect as long as the user wants them to as well as Swoopin' Stus and Strollin' Stus being able to [ generate] [ near endlessly as long as there's some paint], and the [ wind enemies being able to spawn endlessly as well], many creations can't be harmed through normal means due to their physiology, and some creations are undead), [[Regeneration]] (Varies from as low as Low-Mid [ Gooper Blooper could regrow limbs] to as high as Mid-High [ the Wind enemies can continuously respawn seemingly because they're just manifestations of the wind and can generate a "body" whenever they please]), [[Resurrection]] (many creations can respawn from the paint or through natural means; many bosses return throughout Sunshine), Possibly [[Self-Sustenance]] (Types 1 and 2; as beings of Paint and through creations like Wind Spirits and Boos they logically wouldn't have to consume anything to continue to function and shouldn't have lungs, though some types may not be applicable for certain creations), [[Underwater Breathing]] (Type 1 via Cheep Cheeps), [[Large Size]] (Type 0; all bosses easily fit into this), [[Small Size]] (Type 0; the bee enemies easily qualify), [[Surface Scaling]] (via Electrokoopas and https://youtu.be/i60n4dtC3bY?t=08m05s Klambers), Water Walking (via Skeeters), [[Elemental Intangibility]] and [[Air Manipulation]] (the Wind enemies would naturally have these), [[Intangibility]], [[Invisibility]], and [[Shapeshifting]] (via Boos), [[Explosion Manipulation]] (via Bob-Ombs and Bullet Bills), [[Homing Attack]] (via Guided Bullet Bills and Bulls-Eye Bills), [[Danmaku]] (via https://youtu.be/i60n4dtC3bY?t=04m38s Seedy Pods), [[Plant Manipulation]] (goop can spawn Piranha Plants and create Pokeys; Petey Piranha is a clear example of this and King Boo spawns fruits during his battle), [[Electricity Manipulation]] and [[Technological Manipulation]] (via Electrokoopas, who can shock even Mario with their shells and [https://youtu.be/e0tQpO11DPc?t=26s cause a ferris wheel to go berserk]), [[Transmutation]] (https://youtu.be/3r2U47Oq0cM?t=01m55s Yoshi's can turn other things into platforms with their juices and will produce Coins and Blue Coins when eating certain enemies; the birds in Sunshine are heavily implied to be fake and likely creations of Jr., and spraying them enough will turn them back into Coins, Blue Coins, and Shine Sprites), Possible Acid Manipulation ([https://youtu.be/3r2U47Oq0cM?t=02m47s Yoshi's can spit a substance that might be their stomach acids or the citric acids from the fruits they consume that can dissolve gelatinous goop barriers]), [[Rage Power]] and [[Berserk Mode]] (https://youtu.be/ob7dkWu5Ql0?t=03m20s the Wiggler can grow angry, increasing it's speed considerably), [[Water Manipulation]] (King Boo could spawn bubbles in his fight), many creations have [[Flight]] capabilities, and Possible [[Sand Manipulation]] (https://youtu.be/ob7dkWu5Ql0?t=06m22s The Wiggler, upon defeat, turns into sand before being absorbed into the ground)

A little bit of a WIP. This is like directly source shit so apologies for the video links lol

Last edited:
I added the already agreed upon stuff really. The only new stuff is the enemies so that's what I'm really asking about. I'll also add optional equipment or prep as a tabbee whichever is more accurate later

I wanted to know first if the abilities I gave for the creations from the paint are good

And if I should make a tabber with prep

By the way, what would we consider everything the skeletone does as? Would it just be biological manipulation? It also gets rid of the Blorbs via "toning the skeleton". Also, would we consider the side effects possible abilities?

The draft for prep is finished.

|-|With Preparation= [[Necromancy]] (via a presumably magic cauldron; could turn the undead Dry Bowser into regular Bowser, alive and well with flesh), [[Biological Manipulation]], [[Bone Manipulation]] (via Skeletone Formula:D; allegedly tones your skeleton and can cause skeletal damage or sogginess as a side effect; completely incinerated all of Bowser's fat, turning him into a skeleton), and Possible Limited [[Mind Manipulation]] and [[Sleep Manipulation]] (possible side effects include dizziness and fainting), [[Large Size]] (Type 0), [[Creation]] (can create hammers out of thin air in Mario Party 9 via the Koopa Clown Car), [[Crystal Manipulation]] (via his airships, having shown to be responsible for the crystalized Toads and possibly other crystals in the Galaxy series); Mecha Jr. grants [[Large Size]] (Type 0), [[Broadway Force]] (can force opponents to come towards it via a magnetic dance), [[Status Effect Inducement]] (can inflict the Char status), as well as Resistances to [[Petrification]], [[Ice Manipulation]], [[Fire Manipulation]], [[Life Drain]], and [[Adhesive Manipulation]] (is outright immune to every status effect in Mario + Rabbids),; Megahammer grants [[Large Size]] (Type 1), [[Shockwave Generation]] and [[Electricity Manipulation]] (can create waves of electricity), [[Explosion Manipulation]] and [[Homing Attack]] (via Bullet Billls), [[Spaceflight]], [[Immortality]] (Type 2; shown to still be functional even after being blown apart and it's remains scattered about), and a Resistance to [[Black Holes]] (could literally be seen parked directly on top of a black hole in it's arena), [[Status Effect Inducement]] (Star Bits and Co Luma cannot paralyze or stun it), and Limited [[Explosion Manipulation]] (Bullets Bills shot at any part aside from the glass of the cockpit and the big blue areas of the mech have no effect) and [[Blunt Forces]] (Up to 3-C; Mario's standard attacks like the Star Spin do absolutely nothing to the mech, but it's unknown if the parts vulnerable to Bullets Bills are vulnerable to these too); The Boomsday Machine grants [[Large Size]] (Type 1), [[Electricity Manipulation]], [[Fire Manipulation]], and [[Air Manipulation]]; Megaleg grants [[Large Size]] (at least Type 2, possibly Type 4; easily one of the biggest enemies in the Mario series, possibly much bigger as the Marioverse tends to not show the actual proportions of large-scale things for aesthetic reasons, and is implied by the names of the missions that it inhabited a Moon and was pretty comparable in size to it) and [[Explosion Manipulation]] (via Bullet Bills) as well as a Resistance to [[Blunt Forces]] (Up to 3-C; Mario's attacks could do absolutely no damage to it, even showing no effect on the Grand Star's cage); Gobblegut has [[Large Size]] (Type 1 in terms of height, but at least Type 2 in terms of length, possibly higher; can easily be bigger considering the Marioverse's tendency to make big cosmological objects appear smaller for gameplay), and [[Burrowing]]; Kikg Kaliente has [[Fire Manipulation]], [[Summoning]] (can spawn some fire enemies) Limited [[Earth Manipulation]] and [[Plant Manipulation]] (can produce burning rocks and coconuts), and Resistance to [[Extreme Heat]] and likely [[Fire Manipulation]] (literally takes baths in lava and stars); Mecha Bowser has [[Large Size]] (Type 1), [[Fire Manipulation]], [[Explosion Manipulation]] and [[Homing Attack]] (via Bullet Bills), and [[Immortality]] (Type 2; segments of it's body would come clean off in it's fight, but it was still able to function until only just the head and the limbs remained)

Well there wasn't really discussion about the things beyond the standard abilities which is why I'm a bit hesitant

Hmm... I'm wondering. Paint can spread itself via the creatures it creates, but also has been shown possessing people and letting them spread it. Is this an ability? It sounds close to Immortality Type 6 but I'm unsure

Oh also I should add more weaknesses, since we don't have it listed that his paint is weak to pressurized water.

Back