• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bowser Jr. Revision: Missing Abilities

One of the main things here is the abilities of his paint. The stuff we have on the profile is rather basic.

For one, I'd like to add all the abilities of Black Paint that were accepted for Bowser's profile, as Jr.'s paint is what even caused the entirety of Bowser's Fury. Obviously the fact it granted Bowser these things also means the paint has Power Bestowal properties.

Also, a repeated mechanic and statement among Sunshine and within Bowser's Fury is that the paint the brush secretes is toxic, polluting waters, damaging on contact, slowly draining health, and even being the implied cause of the fevers and tempers of the Chomps in Pianta Village due to them producing the same fiery goop Shadow Mario does. Poison Manipulation or something like it should be added. I dunno if inflicting fevers can count as anything more or not.

Creation can stay, but preferably worded differently. Instead of "Can create paint with different effects" we can change it to just "Creation (Can create enemies and objects)" as I feel that works better.

Another worthy thing of discussion is how exactly we'll treat how it seems to make objects disappear. For things such as the lighthouse, we can physically see that these buildings are cartoonisly squished into flat forms when the paint is washed off, slowly springing back up from those positions. But then for things such as pieces of land sticking out of a cliff or an entire hotel, we see that there's no such case of being squished at all. They just seem to appear from nowhere at all. I'm just curious what kind of ability we could decipher from this particular ability of the paint. I've heard some people say Matter Manipulation, which given what other forms of the paint can do could be consistent.

This is without mentioning the specific creations of the paint, such as manifestations of wind, boos that phase through things casually and can shapeshift, plants and mechanical enemies, etc. Some of the most common paint enemies can keep on producing more of them so long as paint is still around to make them and these creations can continue to spread the paint beyond the initial splatter too. These things can probably get a tabber which I wanna tackle separately.

Enhanced Senses to Shadow Mario/Bowser Jr. for being able to smell the fact Mario had Rare Stickers in him in Sticker Star, as well as pointing at invisible blocks and spots where hidden treasure lay in Bowser's Fury.

Attack Reflection

I'd also give Shadow Mario body control for this cutscene.

Shadow Mario also seems to be made of a translucent liquid-like substance, so Inorganic Physiology and Elemental Intangibility?

Regen as shown here, as for what type, it would seem to be High-Mid probably

Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario should also resist his paint's effects as he's been seen casually hanging out in it.

Bowser Jr. should also have Natural Weaponry as he also has claws.

He can frequently be seen using explosives in his fights like Bob-Ombs so he should probably get Explosion Manipulation with those. Might need a whole new tabber for his equipment tbh. I'd rather go over those separately though.

In Mario and Luigi Dream Team, Jr. can use his brush to steal away a Bros. Attack item from Mario and Luigi, making them unable to perform those moves.

In Mario and Rabbids, Bowser Jr. is able to hack the emails sent to Beep-O, said robot being able to receive messages from it's future self and was created by a gifted girl who's inventions could ostensibly "solve the energy crisis" and involved utilizing space-time manipulation and dark matter.

In Bowser Jr.'s Journey, I believe that the story shows that Jr. should get Accelerated Development and Reactive Power Level. He previously used up all of his power to beat Roy, even pushing past his limit, but then went on to battle his father hundreds of times in a row with a pretty even record later on.

Another thing is that Bowser Jr. also likely has the same Longevity we have listed for Bowser due to being his son. Any other genetic abilities could also be possibly added for Jr.

Jr. should get Spatial Manipulation for being able to Warp him and Mario across Lake Lapcat and specifically calling it a warp.

The feat of fighting his father for weeks over hundreds upon hundreds of times should be listed in stamina. The hacking of Beep-0 should also be added as an intelligence feat.

Also, in the Nintendo World boss fight, Bowser Jr. is seen using shadows of himself and other enemies to fight.

Also via Nintendo World, Bowser Jr. does the same thing his father had done to paintings in that they appear to be regular but morph to show him at certain angles. Possible Illusion Creation?

Adhesive Manipulation should naturally go with the graffiti

He can summon bullets bills and the clown car

Rage Power/Aura/Berserk Mode potentially for plenty of instances of growing mad and being able to deal more damage; he has the ability to achieve the Fury status like Bowser.

Ice Manipulation - Can form a ball of snow around himself

Resistance to Gravity Manipulation (same reasons as Mario; is playable in Mario Party Island Tour where one minigame has the cast traveling around a small cube orbiting the planet with no signs of their jumps being affected)

Resistance to Electricity - All characters in Island Tour can tank the lightning ability with no issue

Supernatural Willpower and Mind Manipulation resistance via scaling to SPIRIT in Jr.'s Journey, as the entire reason Captain Goomba was able to resist the effects of Fawful's mind control gas was due to his minion spirit and how he was able to raise other's Spirits to have them become resistant to it. Morton also briefly resisted the effects of Malatone:X. However, Captain Goomba himself notes how spectacular Bowser Jr.'s Spirit is, so Jr. should scale via an in-universe acknowledgement that he has great Spirit by the previous owner of the best Spirit.

Limited Damage Boost for being stated in an official profile to be particularly strong against Magikoopas, possibly adding more justification for Transmutation resistance as that's a Magikoopa's most basic and common effect on their spells as well as a possible resistance to Magic in general.

More Healing

Inflicting Blindness

Statistics Amplification

Paralysis Inducement

Resistance to Status Defects

Damage Negation via Junior Smash, which always cuts an opponent's HP in half

Standard Equipment would be things like Hammers, Mechakoopas, Bob-Ombs, smoke bombs, bombs in general, cannonballs, Koopa Shells, Mushrooms, 1-Ups, the Junior Clown Car obviously, Bullet Bills, and the Magic Paintbrush. Probably more but for now these are fine.

If there's something others have found that I'm missing feel free to add on.

Last edited:
Well I may as well tackle the abilities via equipment, then.

Bob-Ombs are obvious. He has a cauldron he can perform Necromancy with. He can create shockwaves with a hammer. Megahammer also has shockwave generation, Size 0, resistance to black holes, and flight. Boomsday Machine also likely has Size 0, potentially Size 1 i don't remember the exact measurements needed as well as whatever sucking things qualifies as, Fire Manipulation, and Electricity Manipulation.

The Clown Car is a special case. It's immune to or at least highly resistant to all forms of damage, from lava, ice, physical attacks, and more. The only known methods to inflict damage to it were to reflect it's own projectiles at it, use another Clown Car, or force it into electrical generators. It's so resistant to physical damage that in some series it makes no damage from even Mario and Luigi's strongest attacks, and was utilized as the only thing capable of harming a giant Bowser in New Super Mario Bros. U and took no damage from that either. Even in Bowser's Fury, Bowser Jr. while inside the Clown Car takes no actual damage from anything, and can even inflict damage to Fury Bowser to help out in the fight. I propose Resistance to Physical Damage, Fire (takes no damage from Fire Mario), Lava (casually dips in lava and is fine), and Ice (is completely unaffected by Ice Mario) to be listed for it. It should also naturally have Flight/Spaceflight, Underwater Mobility if that's a thing, and Hammerspace.

He also can use tennis rackets which can deflect projectiles of energy, fire, and such.

He should also get smoke manipulation and maybe perception manipulation with smoke bombs he uses in Mario Golf Super Rush

Resurrection via 1-Up Mushroom

Mecha Jr. is outright immune to every status ailment in Mario + Rabbids, meaning Life Drain, Petrification, Ice Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, and Adhesive Manipulation all have no effect on Mecha Jr. The mech itself can pull in opponents via Magnet Dance sort of like a forceful Broadway Force that forces people to physically walk towards it and it can inflict burns.

Last edited:
As for enemies Bowser Jr. can create with the brush, it's basically this whole list as well as (with obvious exceptions) the bosses. Even the local wildlife as the Yoshi's from the game are his creations too and the birds. Source here

So basically Boos would have intangibility as they naturally phase through things, invisibility, shapeshifting, whatever physiology we give to ghosts, and flight.

The wind enemies would get the necessary physiology listings and self-sustenances and such as well as elemental intangibility and flight. Air manipulation I guess too? Probably immortality too. Presumably they can keep spawning so long as there's air, but a Yoshi eating them will forever despawn them, which could be a potential good ability for the Yoshi's.

Bob-Ombs get explosion manipulation and inorganic physiology yadda yadda

The plant and Petey have plant manipulation obviously and Petey himself is a full established character with many abilities we already have on his profile.

Gooper Blooper and the smaller bloopers have ink manipulation or whatever ink can qualify as. Elasticity, and Toon force from returning from being flattened. Possible Regen since it can regrow the limbs you've pulled off for the second phase.

Wiggler gets Rage Power/Berserk Mode, Large Size, and body control or Regen for literally falling into pieces separately in different directions and then showing up intact for the boss fight.

Phantamanta already has a profile so we could just get the abilities from there.

Almost all of these creations can get Inorganic Physiology due to being made of the goop.

Yoshi's can transmutate things into platforms with their juices. Shadow Mario can actually resist this.

Electro-Koopas would get technological manipulation for being able to make the ferris wheel go berserk and spin abnormally fast as well as electric manipulation and maybe body control due to being able to throw their shells and have them come back.

Possibly Immortality for some of the enemies since they can keep respawning as long as the goop is present at all.

Last edited:
Alright this is a Lot, Not to Imply all of these are bad. If anything the additions for Bowser Jr. Look great. There is just some things I disagree with I would list them.

Enhanced senses: My reasoning for disagreeing is that one, Toad told Mario and the gang that the mini stars were stolen by Bowser, just seems like a huge reach if anything. This is just how I feel, the shadow mario feat, I disagree, this is because the whole secret levels gimmick is that Fludd is not an option so I don't know if I can agree on Enhanced senses for Jr.

Hacking: I see 0 hacking, can you show me how beep o involves jr hacking or in Junior's story where Jr hacks what you implied to be.

And last but not least. The Nintendo World Boss fight. No one as far as Im concerned included a feat from NW. Since it is not confirmed if it is canon to the Mario franchise (game series)

Other than that. You're all set.

For Enhanced Sense there's also Bowser Jr. sniffing out the Rare Stickers and pointing at spots where hidden treasure is in Bowser's Fury. (You can see Jr. pointing where the invisible blocks are) There's multiple instances of him pointing at places where you can find hidden treasure

Future Beep-0 literally states Bowser Jr. hacked the email. Well maybe not directly but Beep-0 then goes on to confirm it was BJ.

I don't see why Nintendo World can't be canon. It has an official story. But if not, fine I guess.

Oh I should also add Supernatural Willpower and thus Mind Manipulation resistance via scaling to SPIRIT in Jr.'s Journey, as the entire reason Captain Goomba was able to resist the effects of Fawful's mind control gas was due to his minion spirit and how he was able to raise other's Spirits to have them become resistant to it. Morton also briefly resisted the effects of Malatone:X. However, Captain Goomba himself notes how spectacular Bowser Jr.'s Spirit is, so Jr. should scale via an in-universe acknowledgement that he has great Spirit by the previous owner of the best Spirit.

For Enhanced Sense there's also Bowser Jr. sniffing out the Rare Stickers and pointing at spots where hidden treasure is in Bowser's Fury. (You can see Jr. pointing where the invisible blocks are) There's multiple instances of him pointing at places where you can find hidden treasure

Future Beep-0 literally states Bowser Jr. hacked the email. Well maybe not directly but Beep-0 then goes on to confirm it was BJ.

I don't see why Nintendo World can't be canon. It has an official story. But if not, fine I guess.
Ok these are much better examples of Jr Hacking. Sweet.

Yeah, BJ is missing a LOT. Even all of this isn't really everything but it's probably most of the good stuff. Just want his profile to look better

I should also add one of his main tactics is using tricks and distractions to create openings and stealing other's weapons/abilities to depower them.

Yeah if that ever gets accepted.

He also has a Limited Damage Boost against Magikoopas according to Bowser's Minions as he's strong against Magikoopas. This could be worth noting in case there's any more in-universe matches with Kamek

Wondering if I can make a case for resistance to Information Analysis.

The reason I bring this up is because on two occasions cameras were unable to truly grasp Shadow Mario's form, showing only a shadow (har har), and F.L.U.D.D. the AI who scans everything and gives Mario advice has basically zero info on Shadow Mario, not even the name. It just calls him "perpetrator" and "villain". He's also uncharacteristically unaware of what transpired when Shadow Mario summons Mecha Bowser, which is the only time he's shown confusion and a lack of knowledge based on what's happening around him (literally in the fight after this cutscene you'll see him exclaim "direct hit!" and warn you about Bullet Bills and to douse the fire Mecha Bowser spews and in the following cutscene and previous ones he can track where BJ is heading)

There's definitely something here. Could be technological manipulation making it so that technology can't recognize him as a bonus towards the disguise. Either way I'm curious towards people's thoughts.

For one, I'd like to add all the abilities of Black Paint that were accepted for Bowser's profile, as Jr.'s paint is what even caused the entirety of Bowser's Fury. Obviously the fact it granted Bowser these things also means the paint has Power Bestowal properties.
We're talking strictly about the "The Black Ooze Bowser uses has" section right? That should be fine. Transformation seems more accurate than Power Bestowal imo.

Also, a repeated mechanic and statement among Sunshine and within Bowser's Fury is that the paint the brush secretes is toxic, polluting waters, damaging on contact, slowly draining health, and even being the implied cause of the fevers and tempers of the Chomps in Pianta Village due to them producing the same fiery goop Shadow Mario does. Poison Manipulation or something like it should be added. I dunno if inflicting fevers can count as anything more or not.
Disease manipulation seems to fit.

I'd also like to add ESP/Enhanced Sense to Shadow Mario/Bowser Jr. for being able to intercept Mario in some levels while he's being warped, with The Goopy Inferno absolutely not having any tell that Mario would be on that exact mission. It comes as a shock to players as it's the only level of the game that's not a secret level to have that special cutscene play. Even for the secret levels if Shadow Mario had entered them already Mario is transported to the middle of space and other wacky locations for some of them, and Shadow Mario would have to intercept Mario the exact moment Mario got warped in order to snatch FLUDD. Knowing that exact time despite not being present at all is why I think this should be a good possibility. Also, in the beginning of the story mode for Mario Party 9, Bowser Jr. knows of the Party's intentions and what stage they're headed to despite literally in the intro cutscene being seen in space just outside of a galaxy.
The former seems like a reach, the latter is likely because Kamek was watching the heroes, shown like 10 seconds before the timestamp you sent.

I'd also give Shadow Mario body control for this cutscene.

Shadow Mario also seems to be made of a translucent liquid-like substance, so Inorganic Physiology and Elemental Intangibility?

Regen as shown here, as for what type, it would seem to be High-Mid upon first glance, but more discussion is definitely needed because the form is pretty vague and the fact it looks similar to the dematerialization of Mario entering Rainbow M portals, you could argue up to High if we do treat this as Matter Manipulation. The orb he forms looks kinda gaseous to me as well but maybe that's just me.

Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario should also resist his paint's effects as he's been seen casually hanging out in it.

Bowser Jr. should also have Natural Weaponry as he also has claws.

He can frequently be seen using explosives in his fights like Bob-Ombs so he should probably get Explosion Manipulation with those. Might need a whole new tabber for his equipment tbh. I'd rather go over those separately though.
Sure for all of these, regen doesn't look anywhere close to High tho.

That's already on his profile, under Attack Negation.

Also, in the Nintendo World boss fight, Bowser Jr. is seen using shadows of himself and other enemies to fight.

Also via Nintendo World, Bowser Jr. does the same thing his father had done to paintings in that they appear to be regular but morph to show him at certain angles. Possible Illusion Creation?
I don't think a theme park attraction should be used for feats.

Yeah, because he's surrounded by snow. Plus this isn't exclusive to Jr either.

The rest largely seems fine.

Back