• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros upscales from Tatsumaki (Maybe)

I won't be able to link Imigur files, as it is blocked on my school computer. I will be telling you what chapter/page it's on in C*bari Moe.

Let's start with some establishing facts:

King is thought to be responsible for the Moon crater feat, which is 9 Petatons. (Chapter 154, page 27). Flashy Flash implies that this is a unparalleled feat that only King could pull off. (Ie it's much greater than any of Tatsumaki's full power feats.

Even after witnessing Tatsumaki's full power, (over 5 exatons), the cadres, known for their arrogance, still viewed King as the greatest obstacle, even more dangerous than Tatsumaki. (Chapter 154, page 25).

Boros in MB scales well above the 9 Petaton crater King "made".

So in universe, based on how the feats are interpreted, King's "feats", King > Tatsumaki, and Boros scales above King's "most impressive feat".

Summary:
Two separate sources scale King > Tatsumaki, one explicitly saying the Moon feat > Tatsumaki, and Boros scales above that Moon Crater. This means Boros upscales from a feat that Tatsumaki in universe downscales from.

There are three ways to handle this:
  1. We downscale Tatsumaki from the 9 Petaton value. Doesn't make much sense, seeing as even if Orochi was only like 6B, PsykoOrochi's continent slice feat is 123 Petatons.
  2. MB Boros upscales from Tatsumaki's 5 Exaton value. I would use a likely value for this, as this is more based on a web of logical reasoning rather than something like Boros beating up on Tatsumaki.
  3. I guess we could also invalidate the 5 Exaton feat as it's so far above all other feats, and do all the upscaling/downscaling from the 123 Petaton value.

Agree:

Disagree:

I mean I wouldn't be surprised if Murata thinks the Moon Jump is superior to Orochi's Gaia Cannon and the continental slicing from Psykos that Tatsumaki scales to, even though calculation says otherwise.

I'll wait for more opinions before I can decide whether to agree with this or not to. Also, wasn't a similar CRT like this made before?

The problem is that as we know, King is not at all as strong as he is said to be, besides, are you sure that we must escalate to how strong King supposedly is when King is not even close to that at all.

I mean I wouldn't be surprised if Murata thinks the Moon Jump is superior to Orochi's Gaia Cannon and the continental slicing from Psykos that Tatsumaki scales to, even though calculation says otherwise.

I'll wait for more opinions before I can decide whether to agree with this or not to. Also, wasn't a similar CRT like this made before?
Nah, I proposed making it, but it never happened tmk.

The problem is that as we know, King is not at all as strong as he is said to be, besides, are you sure that we must escalate to how strong King supposedly is when King is not even close to that at all.
Yeah, clearly King isn't that strong, but he doesn't have to be. The idea of King scaling above Tatsumaki is all we really need for this CRT to work.

Why a scaling chain I proposed as a joke has a CRT version of it?

Anyway, I disagree. King is seen as above Tatsumaki because of his reputation as the Strongest Man, not his imaginary feats. And we have no reason to value Flash's word above the others. We have people varying from those who think they can harm King with a knife to those who think he defeated a god oevel threat (which Boros isn't). Not to mention, no one in the verse knows actual limits of Tatsumaki which means any public notion about King > Tatsumaki is invalid.

Last edited:
Yeah, clearly King isn't that strong, but he doesn't have to be. The idea of King scaling above Tatsumaki is all we really need for this CRT to work.
which would be very... ironic considering we use statement to scale characters when a lot of people hate statement and just want FEATS.

King is thought to be responsible for the Moon crater feat, which is 9 Petatons. (Chapter 154, page 27). Flashy Flash implies that this is a unparalleled feat that only King could pull off. (Ie it's much greater than any of Tatsumaki's full power feats.

What makes you think that Flashy Flash is familiar with Tatsumaki's full power?

Why a scaling chain I proposed as a joke has a CRT version of it?

Anyway, I disagree. King is seen as above Tatsumaki because of his reputation as the Strongest Man, not his imaginary feats. And we have no reason to value Flash's word above others since King's feats heavily wary. We have people varying from those who think they can harm King with a knife to those who think he defeated a god oevel threat (which Boros isn't). Not to mention, no one in the verse knows actual limits of Tatsumaki which means any public notion about King > Tatsumaki is invalid.

ok you didn't hear how stupid it sounds that a person could hurt another person with a knife, when obviously it is something that those people are unaware of(more unaware of that normally)

Also both Flashy and the Cadres didn't witness Tatsumaki's fight against Psykorochi cuz they were underground so they don't know about the extent of her powers

Anyway, I disagree. King is seen as above Tatsumaki because of his reputation as the Strongest Man, not his imaginary feats.
What do you mean? Flashy Flash explicitly states "Even the King has supposedly only managed to use the Moon as a punching bag", showing that the Moon Crater feat > Tatsumaki.
And we have no reason to value Flash's word above the others.
No one tells him he's wrong, and why is he unreliable in this instance anyways?
Not to mention, no one in the verse knows actual limits of Tatsumaki which means any public notion about King > Tatsumaki is invalid.
This is straight up incorrect. We have seen her full power when she twisted PsykoOrochi, and that was still seen as below King's Moon crater feat.

This is straight up incorrect. We have seen her full power when she twisted PsykoOrochi, and that was still seen as below King's Moon crater feat.
Also both Flashy and the Cadres didn't witness Tatsumaki's fight against Psykorochi cuz they were underground so they don't know about the extent of her powers
Now that I remember the HA also mentions having next to no intel about what happened during the surfsce fight lol

Flashy Flash would still be privy to all of this information.

page_17.png

What do you mean? Flashy Flash explicitly states "Even the King has supposedly only managed to use the Moon as a punching bag", showing that the Moon Crater feat > Tatsumaki.
I am talking about the general assumption that King is above Tatsumaki that's used to upscale him
No one tells him he's wrong, and why is he unreliable in this instance anyways?
They can't tell that Flash is wrong because no one actually knows a thing about King. They just roll with every other rumor. Not to mention, it makes sense to not object Flash's statement because it is used against even more ridicilous statement about blowing Jupiter.
We have seen it, not Flash or cadres.

Also, Genos told the hero association everything that happened (97% was about Saitama, the other 3% still matters), so it's hard to believe that he wouldn't at least be able to inform them about the giant ass continent slice, assuming they couldn't tell by just looking at it.
I am talking about the general assumption that King is above Tatsumaki.
Which comes from the Moon Jump being considered > anything Tatsumaki has done
They can't tell that Flash is wrong because no one actually knows a thing about King. They just roll with every other rumor.
This isn't a rumor. The crater is right there in the sky. The only rumor is that King did it, which is what is scaling him above Tatsumaki.
We have seen it, not Flash or cadres.
Flash was right there underground. Would be hard to not notice the continent you're on floating upward, or the ground you're in twisting.

I completely disagree with this.

FF and candres haven't seen the complete feat, and even if they did, they had no way to know how powerful it was. And even if they did, they had no way to guess the strength Orochi pulled while sucking energy from Earth's core (which is the feat Psykorochi, and as consequence Tatsumaki scale from)

And even if they did, choosing the words of HA, which has shown not to correctly guess the power of the characters (such as Saitama's case, King's, FF's, etc.) and don't know the true capabilities of King nor Tatsumaki beside explicit feats and calcs, it's just wrong

Statements of King > Tatsumaki are meaningless because the characters have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to King.

It's because somehow King has a supernatural lucky power that alters reality and prevents others from knowing the truth of his power...

FF and candres haven't seen the complete feat, and even if they did, they had no way to know how powerful it was.
Okay, Cadres can be invalid, but Flashy Flash's statement would still hold true. There is no way in Hell that the HA missed the continent slice, which was considered to have "immeasurable energy" by Genos, who clashed beams with her, meaning the feat was intended to be around the level of Tatsumaki/Genos, even if the calc put it a lot lower.
And even if they did, choosing the words of HA, which has shown not to correctly guess the power of the characters (such as Saitama's case, King's, FF's, etc.) and don't know the true capabilities of King nor Tatsumaki beside explicit feats and calcs, it's just wrong
There's a difference between not having power based threat scaling, and objectively saying Hero A > Hero B. Also, that statement didn't come from the HA, it came from FF.

So you just invalidated the only argument that puts Tatsumaki > King, a HA statement.

Which comes from the Moon Jump being considered > anything Tatsumaki has done
Moon Jump > Tatsumaki is not something that's directly suggested though. It comes from "King is above Tatsumaki" belief
This isn't a rumor. The crater is right there in the sky. The only rumor is that King did it, which is what is scaling him above Tatsumaki.
Do you think I am dumb or something? King doing it was what I was talking about, to begin with. Another rumor might very well say that he made the crater by farting.
Flash was right there underground. Would be hard to not notice the continent you're on floating upward, or the ground you're in twisting
I am pretty sure it is specifically because of that Flash didn't notice anything. It doesn't help that Flash was trapped besides a Cosmic Cube.

Statements of King > Tatsumaki are meaningless because the characters have no idea what they're talking about when it comes to King.
That's not the point.

The point is, the Moon crater feat is attributed to King, who is implied to be > Tatsumaki, not to mention the feat itself is implied to be > anything Tatsumaki has done.

Boros then upscales from that Moon crater, that Tatsumaki is supposed to downscale from. That's all.

Moon Jump > Tatsumaki is something that's directly suggested though. It comes from "King is above Tatsumaki" belief
"Even the King has supposedly only managed to use the Moon as a punching bag". This quote very, very clearly says that the Moon crater feat is > anything else characters in the verse have done.
Do you think I am dumb or something? King doing it was what I talking about, to begin with. Another rumor might very well says he made the crater by farting.
No, but I am, I misunderstood lmao. But in reality, King doing the feat doesn't matter, because the feat itself is considered unmatchable, that's all you really need for this CRT, the King > Tatsumaki was supplementry.
Never said Tatsumaki couldn't do it.
Flashy Flash is directly calling in to question the idea of there being entities capable of greater feats than the Moon crater, so while he isn't saying Tatsumaki couldn't, he is saying she could never manage a greater feat.

Okay, Cadres can be invalid, but Flashy Flash's statement would still hold true. There is no way in Hell that the HA missed the continent slice, which was considered to have "immeasurable energy" by Genos, who clashed beams with her, meaning the feat was intended to be around the level of Tatsumaki/Genos, even if the calc put it a lot lower.
You have said it: immeasurable to Genos, so its energy is unknown.

And the only part of the fight the HA has shown to react to, was the city twist, not the continent slice. And they were surprised by that, which they wouldn't if they had seen Tatsumaki surviving/deflecting attacks which can slice entire continents
There's a difference between not having power based threat scaling, and objectively saying Hero A > Hero B. Also, that statement didn't come from the HA, it came from FF.
Which is as valid or even less than HA. As FF didn't even witness the feat.

And even if he witnessed it, as all other people did, they didn't see the entire scale of the feat: they just saw the beam cutting the Earth until the end of their sight. How big it was? They didn't know. How powerful it was? There is no way they knew.

And even if they knew, they are not calculators, they could've thought punching the Moon is better than continent slicing, such as people thinks Boros' surface wiper is way more powerful than Orochi's energy suck, and it's less than 3 times stronger
So you just invalidated the only argument that puts Tatsumaki > King, a HA statement.
You're the one claiming things here. You're using guessings of a character that is not as powerful as people says it to be as something better than actual feat and powerscaling, that's just wrong. The one who needs to show a proof of FF's words being more logical than calculations is you

And the only part of the fight the HA has shown to react to, was the city twist, not the continent slice. And they were surprised by that, which they wouldn't if they had seen Tatsumaki surviving/deflecting attacks which can slice entire continents
A basic modern day satellite could catch that feat in lie 4 k. You're really pushing the boundaries of logic to say they didn't notice the massive flying continent.
And even if he witnessed it, as all other people did, they didn't see the entire scale of the feat: they just saw the beam cutting the Earth until the end of their sight. How big it was? They didn't know. How powerful it was? There is no way they knew.
Answered by my other responses.
And even if they knew, they are not calculators, they could've thought punching the Moon is better than continent slicing, such as people thinks Boros' surface wiper is way more powerful than Orochi's energy suck, and it's less than 3 times stronger
So randos on the internet can calculate feats and the HA can't...
You're the one claiming things here. You're using guessings of a character that is not as powerful as people says it to be as something better than actual feat and powerscaling, that's just wrong. The one who needs to show a proof of FF's words being more logical than calculations is you
That's not what I was saying lmao. I'm saying your argument that the HA is unreliable only works to your detriment, as it's the only thing saying Tatsumaki is > King.

Maybe Flashy Flash just has no idea how powerful such a crater in the Moon actually is? It's just a visually impressive feat to him; doesn't mean he's calculating the joules of it and comparing it to Tatsumaki's output.
Which is more impressive visually, leaving a crater on the Moon, or slicing a Moon sized continent with a giant laser, before lifting it up at like mach 5?

The average person, just at a glance, would usually view the continent slice as far more impressive, and the math backs it up.

A basic modern day satellite could catch that feat in lie 4 k. You're really pushing the boundaries of logic to say they didn't notice the massive flying continent.
Instead of making an assumption, show us a proof they actually witnessed it.
Answered by my other responses.
At the very least link the arguments.
So randos on the internet can calculate feats and the HA can't...
Another assumption. First of all: why would they even care about the joules a certain feat causes? They are an asociation whose only purpose is to protect the world, not to calculate the exact joules their heroes do on their feats.

Which, in fact, will contradict the entire threat scaling rejection

Also, didn't you mention FF's opinion was the one which matters? Show us FF calculating the entire feat then

That's not what I was saying lmao. I'm saying your argument that the HA is unreliable only works to your detriment, as it's the only thing saying Tatsumaki is > King.
It isn't. Feats are also saying this.

The only argument which holds your point is FF Word. A statement from someone who hasn't witnessed the feat

Back