• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros possibly ftl crt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saitama never fought anybody remotely close to Boros’ speed for the majority of that time
He saw the Ninjas, Orochi, and the light show from Garou and Platinum Sperm. Boros being faster than Saitama expected can be valid for scaling to Gery, but I'm not seeing it as valid scaling for later characters.

Saitama is 4A and over 6,000 times FTL at the moment. He didn't just hold back on Boros, he held back to such a degree that if a IRL human did so we'd fight evenly is a dust mite.
600 times*
In this scenario it would be Boros >> 4.32x vs Saitama = 680x
It's possible that Saitama was impressived by the speed increase from Boros, not the actual level of speed.
Ten shadows burial.

He saw the Ninjas, Orochi, and the light show from Garou and Platinum Sperm. Boros being faster than Saitama expected can be valid for scaling to Gery, but I'm not seeing it as valid scaling for later characters.
Orochi is massively hypersonic+
flashy flash is slower than the ftl feat and was only considered “kinda fast” as I addressed in the original post
And nobody even realized that the light constellation was actually people in a fight, they were way too far away so literally everyone thought it was just lights.

Which is a massive gulf. At no point against Boros did Saitama give any degree of his true power. He held back the entire time.
It is still one of the smallest speed gaps saitama has ever fought, and would be something that he would even be able to perceive movement from at his full speed.

It is still one of the smallest speed gaps saitama has ever fought, and would be something that he would even be able to perceive movement from at his full speed
If a character goes from MHS to FTL or even Rel+ instantly you'll be shocked.

For the same reason if a snail suddenly moved 10x faster you'd be shocked but it's vastly slower than you are.

Boros upacalong from Gery I get, but I don't see Garou scaling being valid.

Maybe Boros blitzed Saitama and he came back from the moon stronger from his accelerated development at the thought of a real fight.

If a character goes from MHS to FTL or even Rel+ instantly you'll be shocked.

For the same reason if a snail suddenly moved 10x faster you'd be shocked but it's vastly slower than you are.

Boros upacalong from Gery I get, but I don't see Garou scaling being valid.
Ten shadows burial

Also saitama wasn’t shocked when Garou went from high 6-A to 5-C in a few minutes of fighting, nor was he shocked by Garou’s speed increase during the fight which would have at least been comparable to his speed amping during the sperm and flash fight
in fact even when Garou amped his speed way more suddenly with extreme fa Jin hand jets or whatever he still didn’t give a ****
I could list to you all the times that saitama has been unsurprised by an opponent’s speed but I feel like that’s gonna be virtually every fight in the series excluding Boros and cosmic Garou.

Also saitama wasn’t shocked when Garou went from high 6-A to 5-C in a few minutes of fighting, nor was he shocked by Garou’s speed increase during the fight which would have at least been comparable to his speed amping during the sperm and flash fight
in fact even when Garou amped his speed way more suddenly with extreme fa Jin hand jets or whatever he still didn’t give a ****
Wrong

It's possible that Saitama was impressived by the speed increase from Boros, not the actual level of speed.
Which is more reasonable?

Being suprised at an enemy's speed, or how much it increased. This is pretty much headcanon to wave away the very obvious intent of the author.

Which is more reasonable?

Being suprised at an enemy's speed, or how much it increased. This is pretty much headcanon to wave away the very obvious intent of the author.
If we're considering the intent of the author then it seems much more likely to me that the reaction of Saitama was put in place to make it look like Boros is a big, important threat. When actually he's nothing of the sort. It's an intentionally misleading panel because it's supposed to make you think Saitama was surprised by Boros but we well know now that Saitama is actually incomparably superior to Boros in every way and Boros never stood a chance.

If we're considering the intent of the author then it seems much more likely to me that the reaction of Saitama was put in place to make it look like Boros is a big, important threat. When actually he's nothing of the sort.
What? Talk about making things up, Saitama even has the !? above his head. He even called Boros strong after he was long dead while talking to Genos, and while thinking to himself on the Moon.

In your series of events, Saitama is a brilliant actor who feigns finding Boros even remotely strong. He's made it clear when Boros bored him earlier in the fight, why is he know putting on a Shakespearean play even after bro is literally dead.

Repeating that without elaborating is not a good argument.
Okay here’s me elaborating then
Sonic goes from his normal speed to ten shadows burial (probably a ten times multiplier but for now it’s just 2 speed blitzes above Sonic’s value (kinda bullshit that it’s not at least a 10x multiplier though)) and saitama is completely unsurprised
so yeah, it’s not the speed increase that matters, it’s the speed itself that shocked saitama.
Either that or Boros is > 2 speed blitzes above near light speed…which is shockingly consistent with ftl Boros. Wow, almost as if Boros is ftl, who would’ve thought that it’s consistent from every angle.

If we're considering the intent of the author then it seems much more likely to me that the reaction of Saitama was put in place to make it look like Boros is a big, important threat. When actually he's nothing of the sort. It's an intentionally misleading panel because it's supposed to make you think Saitama was surprised by Boros but we well know now that Saitama is actually incomparably superior to Boros in every way and Boros never stood a chance.
If we’re considering author intent now then Boros >>>>>> Orochi
Anyways, regardless of what you think, Saitama was quite obviously shocked by Boros’ speed, which is an obvious indication by “the author’s intent” that Boros is far beyond the speed of other enemies that saitama has fought. It’s not making you “think he was surprised” he just was ******* surprised and that’s it. literally 10 seconds later he literally thinks inside of his brain that it’s almost a real fight, which means it’s not even something where he’s just trying to make Boros feel better or something. You can’t deny the reality that is right in front of you, it is incredibly clearly illustrated that Boros shocked saitama, and that means something.

“Hey you got a little better”
Not only does this not actually indicate saitama being surprised in any way, but he also literally belittles him in this statement. And “better” can literally just refer to him growing wings/arms/size, which is something visible regardless of how much stronger saitama is than him.
He is not surprised in any way, he is literally mocking Garou in this picture. I hope you don’t seriously believe that this is comparable in any way to Boros giving saitama a shocked expression.

To review everything.
1. Boros was able to shock saitama with his speed, sonic getting insanely faster wasn’t, nor was a >>FTL monster garou’s extreme fa Jin able to surprise saitama
2. Garou’s from 6-A to 5-C are at best only considered getting “a little better” and at worst have nothing to do with his speed.
3. Confidence scaling is still valid if you were proven wrong due to an opponent holding back

1. Boros was able to shock saitama with his speed, sonic getting insanely faster wasn’t, nor was a >>FTL monster garou’s extreme fa Jin able to surprise saitama
Boros surprising Saitama with a sudden speed boost doesn't mean Garou isn't faster. It just means the speed between his previous forms was notably different.

Garou’s from 6-A to 5-C are at best only considered getting “a little better” and at worst have nothing to do with his speed.
Garou getting stronger doesn't mean he got faster by the ratio.

Confidence scaling is still valid if you were proven wrong due to an opponent holding back
Confidence scaling is terrible in OPM due to how vastly overconfident people are. Blizzard and Psykos are notable examples of constantly being wrong or misjudging power.

Though like I said, Boros upscaling from Gery I can get with a possibly rating. But not Garou.

Boros surprising Saitama with a sudden speed boost doesn't mean Garou isn't faster. It just means the speed between his previous forms was notably different.
He's just arguing that Saitama is surprised by Boros' speed as opposed to being suprised by how much his speed increased.

using saitama as a measuring stick in any way
ishygddt
Boros feeling like he could throw hands with a dude immediately after watching him perform a FTL feat and not at all giving a **** about it I'd say is fair tho

which means he must have been a more significant increase than tenfold funeral and extreme Fa Jin was, but regardless there’s not evidence to actually prove that it was only the speed increase and not the speed itself that shocked him, you’re offering a possible alternative interpretation but there’s no actual evidence to suggest that it’s more reliable than anything else.

Garou getting stronger doesn't mean he got faster by the ratio.
I know, but the point is just that Garou was never able to surprise saitama via his speed. It also shows that massive increases alone aren’t able to surprise saitama, which if it applies to the insane difference between 6-A and 5-C, then it likely applies to how he sees speed as well. In other words, it doesn’t matter if you go from 0 to 90 million in an instant, since saitama only cares if you’re 1 billion.
Confidence scaling is terrible in OPM due to how vastly overconfident people are. Blizzard and Psykos are notable examples of constantly being wrong or misjudging power.
Boros is very much not overconfident, and already is capable of sensing people’s power. That’s why confidence scaling works perfectly well for him in particular.
Though like I said, Boros upscaling from Gery I can get with a possibly rating. But not Garou.
Upscaling from saitama outspeeding geryu*
He witnessed saitama performing the 4.35c feat and fought him despite knowing he is casually capable of that speed.

I mean logically the confidence scaling would apply to released Boros at least but I’d guess meteoric burst would be the only one to get accepted due to pure skepticism

If we scale Boros above Geryuganshoop, which Boros will scale? Will it start at Released?
Right now that confidence scaling starts at Armored Boros:
Speed: At least Supersonic+ (Should be vastly superior to Melzalgald, Groribas and Geryuganshoop), possibly Relativistic+ (Perceived the fight between Saitama and Geryuganshoop, and was confident in fighting the former even after witnessing him react to Geryuganshoop's near lightspeed pitches)

Also this is only partially related can we just say that ten shadows burial is at least a 10x increase
I mean it’s pretty blatantly obvious, and the only reason we usually wouldn’t do it is only because it’s probably way more than that.

If we scale Boros above Geryuganshoop, which Boros will scale? Will it start at Released?
Boros with confidence scaling already exists. What will change is that for MB mode he'd scale to Saitama's casual FTL reaction speed rather than just the rocks like the other forms.

So it would be "Rel+ (Moves at near-light speeds), possibly FTL (Suprised Saitama with his speed when Gery's rock were considered to be a bad joke)". Or something along those lines.

which means he must have been a more significant increase than tenfold funeral and extreme Fa Jin was,
Boros' Released form is vastly superior to his Released Form and every other speed rating up to that point. So yes, it's vastly better than Sonic's tenfold funeral in terms of speed amplification.

I know, but the point is just that Garou was never able to surprise saitama via his speed.
But that doesn't mean much because we already accept Saitama as being over a hundred times faster than anyone else. All the form does is show that the speed increase was shocking compared to what Saitama experienced before. Saitama when going 100% wasn't shocked by Cosmic Garou's speed, but we know that he was giving his all during that fight until the gap got to large.

Boros is very much not overconfident, and already is capable of sensing people’s power
He said Saitama's power was limitless, wrongly judged he could take him and then at the end of the fight realized that Saitama was humoring him the entire time.

Boros' Released form is vastly superior to his Released Form and every other speed rating up to that point. So yes, it's vastly better than Sonic's tenfold funeral in terms of speed amplification.
Well that’s still putting him above baseline ftl through the sheer upscale since he was already over 75% sol, but there’s still the problem from before of lacking evidence
But that doesn't mean much because we already accept Saitama as being over a hundred times faster than anyone else. All the form does is show that the speed increase was shocking compared to what Saitama experienced before. Saitama when going 100% wasn't shocked by Cosmic Garou's speed, but we know that he was giving his all during that fight until the gap got to large.
And there is still no evidence that it was only due to the speed increase rather than the speed itself, since there are no cases of far slower characters than Boros really being able to do anything comparable with a speed amp
and saitama was already surprised by cosmic Garou by the very first attack he threw, so there would be no reason for him to be surprised again in the same fight, plus we don’t even need any more indication that saitama sees him as strong/fast since saitama does directly state that he “got what he wanted” but doesn’t care enough to be surprised since he was mad about genos getting killed.
Basically, if you’re gonna claim that it was only the speed increase and not the speed, then you’re gonna need some evidence to suggest that it’s a more valid interpretation.
I mean I understand where you’re coming from, because I also considered initially that Boros going from rela+ to meteoric burst being way faster could have just shocked him because of how much he improved, but considering how little he “reacts” to a gargantuan increase in AP in the Garou fight and also the lack of any evidence to prove that interpretation, I just ruled it out as being a good enough debunk. Also I just considered that if we go by the other logic, Boros would still be as fast as if we just upscale him from Garou
Genos goes from reacting and kinda blitzing sonic to sonic using 4 shadows burial to make genos not even able to perceive him at all, and then 10 shadows burial is far faster than even that too.
It’s a massive upscale on top of a massively upscale on top of Boros upscaling from that, so reasonably there’s literally no way he’s slower than the constellation feat if we take either route, but more importantly that means that it’s not even really something that can be used as evidence against Boros having surprised saitama via being ftl, since he would end up at ftl going by that logic anyways, meaning we can’t use that to determine that Boros didn’t surprise saitama through his sheer speed rather than his speed increase.

Also I just checked and “hey you got a little better” was taken out of context when it was posted here
It specifically referred to Garou growing wings literally in the panel right before it

Not only were both of those incidents sneak attacks, but neither of them actually show saitama being surprised by Garou
human Garou specifically was even just because saitama forgot to pay for his food and that’s why his face looks like that, it literally explains it in the scene itself, so way to take something out of context and lie about it.
Saitama saw the attack coming, albeit briefly. "Sorry you came at me kinda fast.." proves he was surprised. If someone makes a sudden move towards you to the point where you instinctually react, you were surprised. This is common behavior, especially in trained fighters. If we're using artwork to support arguments, then the sweatdrop on Saitama's face in the second panel supports his surprised reaction.
17.png

Saitama saw the attack coming, albeit briefly. "Sorry you came at me kinda fast.." proves he was surprised. If someone makes a sudden move towards you to the point where you instinctually react, you were surprised. This is common behavior, especially in trained fighters. If we're using artwork to support arguments, then the sweatdrop on Saitama's face in the second panel supports his surprised reaction.
17.png
The face he makes is literally 100% due to the fact that he forgot to pay, and he literally confirms this in the panel where it happens
aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0YWNobWVudHMlMkY5MTcyMzEwMzc3NTc2NzM0NzIlMkY5MTcyNjgyMTY2NTEzNDE4NTQlMkYwMzUucG5n

it's absolutely baffling how you can not only miss what's right in front of you, but also miss the first time I explained this and pointed out what's in front of you

Not to mention your headcanon that saitama used instictive reaction against garou when it was just the fact that he turned around when garou was already preparing to strike him.

It's a miracle how you're able to constantly make shit up.

The face he makes is literally 100% due to the fact that he forgot to pay, and he literally confirms this in the panel where it happens
Literally nobody besides you is bringing up the human Garou panel, so idk why you posted this. Entirely different scene. In fact, that panel is a flashback from Garou's memory, which has nothing to do with Saitama's POV.
Not to mention your headcanon that saitama used instictive reaction against garou when it was just the fact that he turned around when garou was already preparing to strike him.

It's a miracle how you're able to constantly make shit up.
Saitama's head is already half-rotated to the point where Garou is at a minimum in his peripheral vision. Sweat drops on Saitama's face + "sorry you came at me kinda fast" = he was shocked, and he also perceived Garou since he mentioned his speed, and treated him as a threat. If some stranger runs up on you, you're instinctually going to react defensively which is what we see here.

He wasn’t surprised at all, calling someone “kinda fast” is still << being visibly shocked by something. He literally just hit him because he was running at him and he knew he was trying to start a fight.
It’s astounding how far you’re trying to go with this very obviously unsubstantiated claim of “but Garou totally surprised saitama tho”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back