• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros possibly ftl crt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Garou has better AP feats like matching consecutive normal punches. This is all based on how Saitama reacted to both character's movement speed.

Although all of the shots of Monster Garou in similar poses to Boros can't be a mistake, maybe the intent was for them to be comparable lol.
I meant monster garou, not cosmic feat mode,

Well it’s harder to make people accept for AP
on one hand the surprised reaction from saitama from Boros’ speed directly has a relation to saitama not being surprised at ftl Perfect Garou, but then being surprised by cosmic fear Garou
But the “he was strong” and “almost a real fight” statement has really become a meme at this point even if I do feel like it’s valid.
For now, I’m just fine with Boros being ftl as he should be.

Ah ok, well I don’t see a problem with this, updating the current “possibly higher” to “possibly FTL” should be fine considering he’s shown to be farr faster than the rel+ rating from geryuganshoop

TBH idn why we can't just scale Armored Boros and Unleashed Boros to "Possibly FTL" as well
It legit uses the same exact reasoning he already has for "Possibly Relativistic" for reacting to Shoop's pitches

So Armored and Released would be possibly FTL (2.95c) and Meteoric Burst would get FTL (4.33c) for reasons already discussed

Disagree with scaling Boros based on Saitama’s reactions. This is basically the same as the “he called him strong” scaling, but even more vague. In Chapter 77, Saitama said that he feels nothing, no matter who he fights, so Boros clearly didn’t leave that big of an impression on him. Saitama making a surprised face at Boros doesn‘t mean he’s faster than everyone he didn’t make that face for, just like him calling Boros strong doesn’t mean he’s stronger than everyone he didn’t call strong.

I’m neutral on scaling Boros off of the FTL calc for Saitama blocking Geryuganshoop’s rocks, but leaning disagree since the only evidence in its favor is Boros being confident that he can fight Saitama and then immediately being proven wrong.

Disagree with scaling Boros based on Saitama’s reactions. This is basically the same as the “he called him strong” scaling, but even more vague. In Chapter 77, Saitama said that he feels nothing, no matter who he fights, so Boros clearly didn’t leave that big of an impression on him. Saitama making a surprised face at Boros doesn‘t mean he’s faster than everyone he didn’t make that face for, just like him calling Boros strong doesn’t mean he’s stronger than everyone he didn’t call strong.
That's the entire point of him being emotionless so that when he does make expression and give praise we know they were strong, and Saitama's praise and ratings haven't been proven wrong yet
We know Boros was no match for him he said it himself but that doesn't change that he surprised him in the same exact way Cosmic Garou did.
The panels are way to similar for you to call it a coincidence it was Author's intent
I’m neutral on scaling Boros off of the FTL calc for Saitama blocking Geryuganshoop’s rocks, but leaning disagree since the only evidence in its favor is Boros being confident that he can fight Saitama and then immediately being proven wrong.
Except he did match Saitama in speed in the beginning of the fight it's litterely shown.
Also nothings stopping Saitama from just moving faster than he was previously going. It's not like he would just stay at that speed the entire fight when we know he's WAY faster

Neither of the points you brought up really matter. Not feeling someone’s attacks is different from being surprised by someone’s speed, which has less to do with what he “feels”
and also it just says that he currently doesn’t feel things from fighting people, not that no opponent has ever made him feel anything in the past at all, and one fight being the exception still doesn’t matter since Boros himself is literally someone who has fought everyone else in the universe and won effortlessly, and now he’s dead. Also, being visibly surprised is a much more compelling tell rather than saitama’s spoken word.

Also for what it’s worth, saitama was already able to confirm that Boros was the strongest that he’d ever fought until that point, which shows that even if he doesn’t really feel anything, he can still perceive differences in strength. Saitama being less than 700 times ftl also makes it more believable that he’d be able to notice the movement of someone going way over 4.32 times ftl, and be surprised by him.

Anyways, it’s not that every character that saitama wasn’t surprised by is automatically slower than Boros, it’s that cosmic Garou’s speed was represented by saitama’s surprise in a panel that is identical to MB Boros’ rush, which shows a deliberate choice of making monster Garou having not been fast enough to cross any level of speed that could shock saitama like that. Essentially it is not just “he called him strong”, it’s a VASTLY more reliable version of the flashy flash statement of being kinda fast, which is also consistent with the fact that he should be able to effortlessly handle Geryuganshoop after perceiving Saitama catching his attack. If saitama’s statement of not feeling anything was truly 100% concrete then Saitama wouldn’t have been surprised in the first place. The statement is a slight exaggeration since we know saitama obviously still has emotions and can still be surprised by people. In fact even after Boros had died and there was no reason to just hype him up to make him feel better or anything, Saitama was still explaining how strong he was, and thought inside of his own head about how it’s almost a real fight.

Also Boros already has a 90% speed of light calc so like, it’s really very consistent in that department as well. Overall ftl Boros just is way too evident by how saitama reacts to everything he does.

It means he knew he could fight someone who displayed that level of speed.
Confidence scaling is not a case of “I can beat this person” it’s meant to be a case of “you doing an ftl feat doesn’t prove to me that you can speed blitz me”, so saitama later using more speed against Boros and outmatching him doesn’t mean he got proven wrong, it’s just that saitama had more to show.

Also I just think it’s inherently a little nonsense that saitama would be using more speed against Geryuganshoop than against the guy who is tens of thousands of times stronger than Geryuganshoop and had established himself as the leader.

Honestly, I always had doubts about ftl Boros.

He had as a henchman someone who could hurl rocks at nearly the speed of light. When geryuganshoop was defeated by saitama, even though Boros knew geryuganshoop's ability (he should have known, he's his lackey) and seeing Saitama having easily reacted to geryuganshoop's attacks, he didn't seem intimidated at all and thought he had a chance of defeating saitama until the end. end of the fight.

If Boros with that armor that seals his powers must already be faster or at least as fast as his hard-named octopus minion, I wouldn't be surprised if MB Boros is FTL.

And it looks like there's a calculation from Saitama ftl for blocking the geryuganshoop stones. And I think Saitama put in more effort against Boros than he did to block these rocks, even if that effort is almost negligible.

So I agree with "possibly ftl".

I don’t really think it’s fair to use this as a debunk when after the fight he tell Genos that Boros was strong and the strongest he’s ever faced.

him not feeling anything doesn’t negate the fact that Boros still surprised him. He even said “this is almost a real fight”.

Yes
It does seem pretty unreal to me that saitama would fight people more impressive than Boros but not even acknowledge them in the slightest. A Garou who’s far faster than 4.32 times ftl being completely ignored while Boros shocks saitama multiple times despite allegedly only being 90% the speed of light, it doesn’t add up
Boros being possibly at least ftl is much more consistent.

TL;DR: at least relativistic+, possibly FTL (was able to surprise saitama, which is a feat that Garou was only able to replicate after he had been given god’s power. Was still confident he could end the fight quickly after seeing saitama effortlessly intercept Geryuganshoop’s attacks)
Bro is using future scaling for back scaling I've never seen anyone attempt this before

Also the foundation for this CRT is weak....disagree.

Disagree with scaling Boros based on Saitama’s reactions. This is basically the same as the “he called him strong” scaling
He's able to determine even slight speed differences between Genos upgrades, so him being surprised to see MB moving at such speeds is a little different than just calling him strong.

Not an argument, nor do I have any clue what you were trying to say with this post
Future scaling - you're using an event from Garou which are future events in the OPM timeline, to justify something that happened in the past in the same timeline for scaling. It implies both events are similar to even have proper grounds to have a comparison (they are not).

Your CRT having a weak foundation means you using facial expressions as the main point of your argument.

Also,

1. Boros surprising Saitama was something that was only recreated by cosmic Garou, while a fully evolved monster Garou failed to do this.
A weaker Garou surprised Saitama.
18.png

19.png

Also,

18.png

19.png
Not only were both of those incidents sneak attacks, but neither of them actually show saitama being surprised by Garou
human Garou specifically was even just because saitama forgot to pay for his food and that’s why his face looks like that, it literally explains it in the scene itself, so way to take something out of context and lie about it.

the only evidence in its favor is Boros being confident that he can fight Saitama and then immediately being proven wrong.
Why would that affect the scaling ? Confidence scaling isn't based on the character being successful, just witness a level of power/speed and still see themselves as stronger/faster. That could mean Saitama just used more on him at that moment

But that's for the other FTL point, I disagree with the OP FRA

Also,

18.png

19.png
Cool how you crop images from different moments of the Manga and cut the last scan to look like it was a half-human that surprised Saitama with his speed. And still removes the speech bubble.

The last image of the second scan is from a chapter where Saitama takes advantage of someone (garou) to run away from the restaurant and not pay. When Garou and Saitama are outside, the two talk for a bit and Garou lets it out because it helped him not to pay. The Garou is enraged and attacks Saitama, who casually hits the Garou.

The sequence 1 2 3

Did you notice that these scans are cropped to look like the half-monster gaoru surprised Saitama?
Well those are just from the chapter 161 fight flashbacks, so it’s not like he went out of his way to crop and photoshop images
but still it’s the original scene has context that completely disproves his claim that Garou ever surprised saitama until he went cosmic

Well those are just from the chapter 161 fight flashbacks, so it’s not like he went out of his way to crop and photoshop images
but still it’s the original scene has context that completely disproves his claim that Garou ever surprised saitama until he went cosmic
A yes, I saw that the trace is a little different.

So I take back what I said about clipping.

But the last image of the second scan is a flashback of that half-monster garou moment.

Edit: And this garou that made Saitama go "Ah" in his scans is the post-platinum sperm garou, as far as i remember. Which is FTL in this Wiki.

Last edited:
Yeah exactly
so it doesn’t actually mean anything and can be disregarded as a counterpoint entirely. Garou’s speed never surprised saitama.

As we've discussed on other threads, Boros being stronger to his commanders is different from him being faster than his commanders.

For the thread I'm against Garou scaling since you're taking a character vastly in the future when Saitama's seen more stuff and trying to backscale Boros to it, but giving him a possibly rating based on Gery for MB mode might be alright.

Or Saitama lowered his speed to Boros' level...
So Saitama used more speed against Geryuganshoop a henchman of Boros than against MB Borus, who for obvious reasons is more everything than Geryuganshoop?

------------------------------

And again, Boros saw Saitama easily defeating Geryunganshoop, and as their Leader, Boros should have known of Geryunganshoop's capabilities.

And yet, even seeing Saitama's speed, in his sealed form, he still thought he had a chance against Saitama.

For the thread I'm against Garou scaling since you're taking a character vastly in the future when Saitama's seen more stuff and trying to backscale Boros to it, but giving him a possibly rating based on Gery for MB mode might be alright.
Saitama never fought anybody remotely close to Boros’ speed for the majority of that time; but even disregarding that, I have no idea as to how “seeing more stuff” is relevant here.

So Saitama used more speed against Geryuganshoop a henchman of Boros than against MB Borus, who for obvious reasons is more everything than Geryuganshoop?
Saitama is 4A and over 6,000 times FTL at the moment. He didn't just hold back on Boros, he held back to such a degree that if a IRL human did so we'd fight evenly is a dust mite.

He treated Boros with kid gloves.

And yet, even seeing Saitama's speed, in his sealed form, he still thought he had a chance against Saitama
He was wrong. Making a statement and then being wrong isn't a valid scaling justification.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back