• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros Lifting Strength Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ziller invented physics as a Lord Boros reference
I almost gave up just due to the risk of sounding stupid to the calc group (people who actually know this kind of stuff) but I decided to keep pushing it just so I could make sure beyond a doubt
I’m glad I paid just enough attention during science class to be able to contest this

I almost gave up just due to the risk of sounding stupid to the calc group (people who actually know this kind of stuff) but I decided to keep pushing it just so I could make sure beyond a doubt
I’m glad I paid just enough attention during science class to be able to contest this
I get it

Sometimes I go in a thread with calc members and notice a problem but don't point it out due to the risk of sounding stupid

Then later on someone else brings up that exact problem and I was actually correct in noticing it as one

I get it

Sometimes I go in a thread with calc members and notice a problem but don't point it out due to the risk of sounding stupid

Then later on someone else brings up that exact problem and I was actually correct in noticing it as one
I know the feeling all too well
but hey, if I stopped pushing things the moment someone said "that's stupid and literally nobody knowledgeable agrees with you" then we'd still have almost a real fight alien being 100 times weaker than bathwater king Orochi and Sassy Lost child
sometimes you gotta look a little stupid to change minds

Ziller Attack Pottency: High 6-A (Stronger than Tatsumaki, fought and withstood Tatsumaki's simps... Casually bent the laws of physics in his favor to raise Boros to P-Class, created multiple CTRs at the same time, and got multiple Boros W), Probably Much higher (Was willing to scale Geryuganshoop above Tatsumaki).

Last edited:
Ziller Attack Pontency: High 6-A (Stronger than Tatsumaki, fought and withstood Tatsumaki's simps... Casually bent the laws of physics in his favor to raise Boros to P-Class, created multiple CTRs at the same time, and got multiple Boros W), Probably Much higher (Was willing to scale Geryuganshoop above Tatsumaki).
"5-B with Boros Discussion Thread"

I see what Ziller is saying and I looked it up

It turns out Ziller is completely right

I'm not gonna try to explain it but here's what this guys said
"Acceleration and speed a fundamentally different things. Speed is the change in position over time. Acceleration is the change in speed over time. Relativity limits speed not acceleration."

Some more sources:

So since Boros's kick is not FTL and Acceleration has no upper limit, the Class P calc would be valid

Though I'd prefer if we went with the F=MA version of the calc I did above instead of Work
Correct, the acceleration can be any value, but it is clear that Boros moved his leg 1.25 meters to kick Saitama, which caused the speed to exceed the speed of light.

Correct, the acceleration can be any value, but it is clear that Boros moved his leg 1.25 meters to kick Saitama, which caused the speed to exceed the speed of light.
not the case at all
acceleration is how fast his speed increases, not the speed itself
boros starts the kick at rest, starts lifting saitama up and gets up to like .1c, then by the end of the kick he's .9c
at no point was Boros' leg moving at ftl speed during the entire feat.

Acceleration = 6512313210000000000 Newtons / 70kg
Acceleration a from a = F/m:
| 9.303×10^16 m/s^2
The acceleration that we have obtained is 9.303 × 10^16 m/s^2. Do you see the unit? It is the speed that will occur during the acceleration over a distance of 1 meter, which of course means that the speed at the point of reaching 1 meter exceeds the speed of light. Therefore, Boros' kick is FTL. You cannot just look at the acceleration value, but also have to consider the distance where the acceleration occurs, which determines the resulting speed.

The acceleration that we have obtained is 9.303 × 10^16 m/s^2. Do you see the unit? It is the speed that will occur during the acceleration over a distance of 1 meter, which of course means that the speed at the point of reaching 1 meter exceeds the speed of light. Therefore, Boros' kick is FTL. You cannot just look at the acceleration value, but also have to consider the distance where the acceleration occurs, which determines the resulting speed.
the acceleration is derived from the 90% sol, it's not possible to use the acceleration to go back and derive an ftl value from that, since the 90% was already built into the calc to begin with.

what is the speed value of the acceleration?

the acceleration is derived from the 90% sol, it's not possible to use the acceleration to go back and derive an ftl value from that, since the 90% was already built into the calc to begin with.
It is possible. It's just basic physics. Can you remember calculate momentum? I remember that the result is greater than the speed of light, but it's rejected because it's faster than light too.

It is possible. It's just basic physics. Can you remember calculate momentum? I remember that the result is greater than the speed of light, but it's rejected because it's faster than light too.

A = 9.303×10^16 m/s^2
Boros movement = 1.25 m
V = 9.303×10^16/1.25 = 7.4424e+16 m/s or 248251742.21 c
you do realize that this just means the acceleration took less than a second, right? It's meters per second squared, it's not as if he had taken a full second to make saitama reach that speed, when the entire journey to the moon only took like a couple seconds.

I think I see what the misunderstanding was now.

A = 9.303×10^16 m/s^2
Boros movement = 1.25 m
V = 9.303×10^16/1.25 = 7.4424e+16 m/s or 248251742.21 c
Not going to comment on whether using Acceleration to find Boros' speed is valid or not, but your math is wrong.

A = 9.30300e16
∆t = 0.000000005184 seconds

a = (vf - vi) / ∆t

9.30300e16 = (vf - 0) / 0.000000005184

vf = 482267520 m/s, or 1.60867129c

Yes, it's MB, which I'm using a new formula. I deleted that comment in less than 10 seconds. I just woke up, so I might be a little confused.

• V(final)^2 = V(initial)^2 + (2•a•d)
  • V(final)^2 = V(0)^2 + (2•9.30300e16•1.25)
  • Vf = 4.8226 * 10^8 m/s
Kachon is correct, and it's still a speed faster than light.

a = (v_f - v_i) / Δt

If acceleration is ~93 quadrillion m/s^2 as found from the original calc, with an initial velocity of 0 m/s and a very stupid generous timeframe of one minute, the kick itself would still be over 18 billion times C at the point of impact.

a = (v_f - v_i) / Δt

If acceleration is ~93 quadrillion m/s^2 as found from the original calc, with an initial velocity of 0 m/s and a very stupid generous timeframe of one minute, the kick itself would still be over 18 billion times C at the point of impact.
Why would the timeframe be 1 minute? It's much less than one second.

a = (v_f - v_i) / Δt

again, the acceleration being ftl means nothing, because at no point did boros break rela+
here's a little physics lesson free of charge
acceleration is how much speed increases in a certain amount of time
now if you can reach ftl in 1 second, congratulations, I guess you could call that ftl acceleration
now consider the following (bill! bill! bill! bill!)
the kick itself takes place across a little over a meter of distance, and the whole journey to the moon is..... a lot more than a meter, meaning almost none of that time was spent on the kick itself
in other words, there was no time for ftl acceleration to take place
wowzers.

I feel like you guys are repeating yourselves and ignoring Shmeaty confirming Ziller was right with several sources
Ultimately, we have to look at the actual distance that occurs. The acceleration still makes the speed FTL. I'm not indifferent to what they say.

now of course if you pull one minute out of your ass, then you could magically say that he was spending a whole minute accelerating, which I guess would get him to an insanely inflated value like 93 quadrillion
additionally, I am so glad you support mftl+ Boros!

Why would the timeframe be 1 minute? It's much less than one second.
Just showing examples.

again, the acceleration being ftl means nothing, because at no point did boros break rela+
here's a little physics lesson free of charge
acceleration is how much speed increases in a certain amount of time
now if you can reach ftl in 1 second, congratulations, I guess you could call that ftl acceleration
now consider the following (bill! bill! bill! bill!)
the kick itself takes place across a little over a meter of distance, and the whole journey to the moon is..... a lot more than a meter, meaning almost none of that time was spent on the kick itself
in other words, there was no time for ftl acceleration to take place
wowzers.
Using the acceleration formula which accounts for distance: a = 2 × (Δd - v_i × Δt) / Δt²

Given the above variables and the distance Boros's leg traveled, the timeframe (of acceleration) would be 0.000000009391 seconds based on the above values. At which point, using that same timeframe, the feat is over 2 C.

a = (v_f - v_i) / Δt

mftl+ boros huray

now of course if you pull one minute out of your ass, then you could magically say that he was spending a whole minute accelerating, which I guess would get him to an insanely inflated value like 93 quadrillion
additionally, I am so glad you support mftl+ Boros!
Hey, calm down. Can we talk nicely? I'm not going to say anything rude.

I'm not sure where 1 minute comes from.

Edited my last post, got almost ~3c, which doesn't make sense regardless considering the fact that we explicitly start with the kick being 0.9c.

Just showing examples.

Using the acceleration formula which accounts for distance: a = 2 × (Δd - v_i × Δt) / Δt²

Given the above variables and the distance Boros's leg traveled, the timeframe (of acceleration) would be 0.000000009391 seconds based on the above values. At which point, using that same timeframe, the feat is over 2 C.
I like how you decide to take a .9c value, inflate it to ftl and then not see how your math is wrong.
Hey, calm down. Can we talk nicely? I'm not going to say anything rude.

I'm not sure where 1 minute comes from.
No you did nothing wrong, that wasn’t directed at you
I was talking to void because he’s inflating the speed beyond recognition and also he does this all the time but let’s not even

I like how you decide to take a .9c value, inflate it to ftl and then not see how your math is wrong.

No you did nothing wrong, that wasn’t directed at you
I was talking to void because he’s inflating the speed beyond recognition and also he does this all the time but let’s not even
Kachon also got 1.6c using the same math, are you dumb?

No

He doesn't move his leg faster than light

Acceleration can exceed lightspeed because velocity and acceleration are two separate things

I apologize since I'm not to good at explaining this since I'm not well versed in this type of stuff so please refer to my sources above

I'll also give a real life example
This is my source:https://atomicarchive.com/resources/documents/effects/glasstone-dolan/chapter2.html

A 1 Megaton Nuke expands to 440 feet across in 0.0007 seconds

For ease lets convert feet to meters 440 feet = 134.112 meters

Acceleration: 2 × (63.14258 - 0 × 0.0007) / 0.0007² = 257724816.3 m/s^2 or around 85% the speed of light

Which is ridiculous we know nuke explosions don't travel anywhere near those speeds

Another Example

I run 50 meters in .5 seconds

My Velocity is 100 m/s

However my Acceleration is 400 m/s^2

Does that mean I ran 400 m/s second? No it doesn't

I wish I could break down the exact science of it but just know that you don't actually move at those speeds

Also as stated in the links above Acceleration can go beyond Lightspeed

Edit: Also for a fun fact that I found out via my sources above

If we accept planck time as the least amount of time you can use then the theoretical limit to Acceleration is 10^52 meters/second^2.

Nowhere close to what we got on our calcs

I don't think anyone is claiming this
Just showing examples.

I checked with my goat gpt4 one more time
Firstly, to accelerate from rest to 90% sol, the acceleration would be 30,265,145,195,409,264 m/s²
And the timeframe with the given acceleration is 8.91 nanoseconds.
There’s no ftl present there
Also I asked if for the amount of force it would go to accelerate a 70kg object to 90% of the speed of light with only 1.2 meters, and it got 2.12*10^18 newtons.
Anybody wanna see the calculation?

I checked with my goat gpt4 one more time
Firstly, to accelerate from rest to 90% sol, the acceleration would be 30,265,145,195,409,264 m/s²
And the timeframe with the given acceleration is 8.91 nanoseconds.
There’s no ftl present there
Also I asked if for the amount of force it would go to accelerate a 70kg object to 90% of the speed of light with only 1.2 meters, and it got 2.12*10^18 newtons.
Anybody wanna see the calculation?
To be honest, I've used GPT to find various results many times, and often GPT gives me inaccurate calculations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back