• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros Lifting Strength Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally no, in the manga panel you sent, his leg is literally folded ontop of itself with his knee going outwards, in the next panel we see that his leg has traveled to kick Saitama, this isn’t the same as him placing his leg on him and then pushing up.
Nice.
Can you point out the panel where Boros takes his knee off of saitama before his leg "traveled to kick" him? That would be pretty helpful. Just take that panel, and point out what you meant by any of this.
Bonus points if you can do it for the anime too, that would be extremely impressive.

….? Seriously? Bro how old are you
sorry, it's just that I feel like I go back and forth with people about stuff like this all the time, and at a certain point I just get sick of people doing everything in their power to come up with a unsupported, and in this case a directly contradicted "could be" as a counterargument to obvious things like this, especially when it comes to Boros stuff, where it goes on for 2 or 3 pages, it turns out they were wrong big surprise, and my mind ends up exhausted from all of it
only to move onto the next thread of someone trying to debunk an obvious feat, and then another 2 pages, and then it's tiring
repeat repeat repeat.
So please, look at the anime scene that draws the clearest possible picture of boros just lifting saitama up with his leg. Please, look at the manga, which very clearly shows his leg having been there the entire time, and him just throwing saitama like a baseball with his leg. Please, please just look at the scans and explanation that were already given at the very beginning of the calculation blog we are discussing.

and you know what the worst part is? This isn't gonna change anything. People very rarely come out of an argument because the other person was convincing, they only do it because they ran out of time, or more people disagreed with them, or cause they got pressured to, or their thread got closed, or literally anything except being convinced. There's quite literally no room for people being able to debate for the sake of coming to a conclusion anymore, so now every decision made here is the equivalent of just seeing which team is larger and who can talk the longest and repeat themselves the most. It is tiring.

end of rant

e64.gif

Wasn't that shit rejected because it was an upwards kick and not Boros hurling Saitama after grabbing him as well? Like, we don't allow uppercuts or knee-strikes like that for LS anymore.
I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt but if it's rejected, so be it.

That's now how displacement works tho. Displacement would be the total linear distance the object moved. Saitama is the object and the distance is the earth to moon. By lowering the distance, you’re essentially inflating the value of the LS.

Another problem I have is dividing a KE value to get a LS value when that only works when you divide a "work" value. Work and KE are similar but different.
KE = 0.5*mass*velocity^2
Work = force*displacement
Both give values in joules but work always gives a higher value, so dividing KE instead of dividing work is incorrect.

F=mass*acceleration is better imo, cause it creates less circulation.

Wrong how specifically? What changed?
I'm not sure if it's LS, but anyway, I have no problem with F = MA. But if you say it's wrong, we should correct this calculation. Because it's clear that the formula is F = W/S and S is the distance of the person's throwing arm, not the distance the rock is thrown. And W comes from KE, which is clearly calculated. There are many calculations done like this. The only thing that distinguishes Boros' feat from others is that he uses his legs instead of throwing with his hands. The direction of the force may differ. I'm not sure if the S that Kachon found is correct because I've never seen anyone use F = W/S with their legs.

I'm not sure if it's LS, but anyway, I have no problem with F = MA. But if you say it's wrong, we should correct this calculation. Because it's clear that the formula is F = W/S and S is the distance of the person's throwing arm, not the distance the rock is thrown. And W comes from KE, which is clearly calculated. There are many calculations done like this. The only thing that distinguishes Boros' feat from others is that he uses his legs instead of throwing with his hands. The direction of the force may differ. I'm not sure if the S that Kachon found is correct because I've never seen anyone use F = W/S with their legs.
I agree. If other calcs are using that method then they should be recalculated. F=ma is the best option.

Can someone explain what exactly is wrong with the calc? Again, from what I can tell, Kachon’s calc basically just takes the speed of the moon jump, and uses the distance across which he made contact with saitama to find out how much he accelerated in that time. The logic seems fine to me, and I kinda need one of you calc people to explain it in somewhat simpler terms if possible.

I just need some info about it given that Kachon is gonna be on a bit of a temporary low activity period, and someone’s gonna have to defend the calc if he can’t, even if this isn’t my specialty really.
So I’m gonna need a bit of elaboration.

The important issue is whether the force of Boros use is LS or not. It seems that CGMs still deny that it not, so it's useless to calculate. As for the formula used in throwing, F=W/S, I think this could be discussed in another thread if we want to say that using these formulas is wrong.

The important issue is whether the force of Boros use is LS or not. It seems that CGMs still deny that it does, so it's useless to calculate. As for the formula used in throwing, F=W/S, I think this could be discussed in another thread if we want to say that using these formulas is wrong.
No, I can handle the debate of if it qualifies as LS
the math is the most important thing remaining.

No, I can handle the debate of if it qualifies as LS
the math is the most important thing remaining.
The topic of Math has a significant impact on other verses that use this formula. I think it's a big issue, but if you want to solve the problem of formulas immediately, I think it's better to invite DonkTalkDT here, because he is capable of using this formula.

The topic of Math has a significant impact on other verses that use this formula. I think it's a big issue, but if you want to solve the problem of formulas immediately, I think it's better to invite DonkTalkDT here, because he is capable of using this formula.
Are you saying that this Boros crt spawned a potential site wide revision for a calc method? You’re not saying that right?

Can someone explain what exactly is wrong with the calc? Again, from what I can tell, Kachon’s calc basically just takes the speed of the moon jump, and uses the distance across which he made contact with saitama to find out how much he accelerated in that time. The logic seems fine to me, and I kinda need one of you calc people to explain it in somewhat simpler terms if possible.
Anyways I’d still like a response to this

Boros being Boros and rocking the whole wiki.
I’m honestly just a little annoyed if there genuinely is something wrong with the method and this crt is the only reason it was discovered
Everyone goes crazy if it’s Boros honestly, no denying that, regardless of who’s right or wrong here.

Yes. This calculation method for LS is something I always had a problem with. I never thought it’d reach such a high magnitude.
Of course, of course it was Boros
well whatever, if the method ends up banned then I guess that's that, but if it's allowed, then the LS calc is accepted.

That's now how displacement works tho. Displacement would be the total linear distance the object moved. Saitama is the object and the distance is the earth to moon. By lowering the distance, you’re essentially inflating the value of the LS.

Another problem I have is dividing a KE value to get a LS value when that only works when you divide a "work" value. Work and KE are similar but different.
KE = 0.5*mass*velocity^2
Work = force*displacement
Both give values in joules but work always gives a higher value, so dividing KE instead of dividing work is incorrect.

F=mass*acceleration is better imo, cause it creates less circulation.
I used F=MA

I found the acceleration using the established speed then I plugged it in

Also my found value was less than Kachon's
Wrong how specifically? What changed?
Nothing, I was wrong I forgot Work calcs exist even though I don't agree with the use of them
It'd be one thing if Boros' fist was at rest first before he proceeded to launch Saitama with all his might. The knee strike doesn't seem to be anything like that.
Yeah but he didn't use the first initial kick to launch him towards the moon he used it to put his leg firmly into Saitama which would have launched him sideways had he not followed it up with a kick

He still would have had to overcome the launch trajectory and force of his initial kick in order for him to launch Saitama straight up like that

I used F=MA

I found the acceleration using the established speed then I plugged it in

Also my found value was less than Kachon's

Nothing, I was wrong I forgot Work calcs exist even though I don't agree with the use of them

Yeah but he didn't use the first initial kick to launch him towards the moon he used it to put his leg firmly into Saitama where he followed up with a kick

He still would have had to overcome the launch trajectory of his initial kick in order for him to launch Saitama straight up like that
you have your own calc?

Your using the distance of the moon instead of the distance his leg moved

His leg moves 1.25023382 meters and in that time Saitama's velocity reaches the currently accepted value of 269813212 m/s

1.25023382/269813212 = .00000000463370126 seconds to reach max velocity

269813212/.00000000463370126 = 58228443500000000 m/s^2

70 * 58228443500000000 = 4075991050000000000 newtons or 4.1563541576378000 × 10^17 Kilograms (Class P)

Katchon is correct

Update: Kachon is wrong but still got Class P somehow
oh this
cool

Your using the distance of the moon instead of the distance his leg moved

His leg moves 1.25023382 meters and in that time Saitama's velocity reaches the currently accepted value of 269813212 m/s

1.25023382/269813212 = .00000000463370126 seconds to reach max velocity

269813212/.00000000463370126 = 58228443500000000 m/s^2

70 * 58228443500000000 = 4075991050000000000 newtons or 4.1563541576378000 × 10^17 Kilograms (Class P)

Katchon is correct

Update: Kachon is wrong but still got Class P somehow
Shit actually this would be incorrect anyway

You can't break lightspeed in these types of calcs and this unfortunately does

Kachon's would be the best to use (If we do use it)

Shit actually this would be incorrect anyway

You can't break lightspeed in these types of calcs and this unfortunately does

Kachon's would be the best to use (If we do use it)
I mean, if F = M*A and Kachon's calc already provides the force and mass, even solving for that acceleration is massively FTL.

4075991050000000000 Newtons(Mine)
vs
6512313210000000000 Newtons
Actually, the formulas of Newton and Relativity have different energy when approaching the speed of light continuously. Therefore, it is not surprising why the values that come out are slightly different. However, both formulas still give a velocity greater than the speed of light. Therefore, is it better to use the normal formula F = MA?

I absolutely agree with Boros' scaling above Tatsumaki in lifting. 99.99% of Tatsumaki's attacks involve lifting. Heck, telekinesis is basically an ability that's completely based on lifting, it's just that because of wiki rules we can't scale lifting to AP because it's impossible. But that's not a big deal. The point is that it's stupid when we scale Boros higher in Tatsumaki because of the title of the STRONGEST in the universe, but only in terms of punching power. Physical strength is first and foremost lifting power, and that is physical strength in its purest form. Impact force is no longer pure brute force.

Otherwise, Tatsumaki could grab Boros once and he would never in his life be able to get out of her grasp. And you think this is the strongest in the universe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back