• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros and Baldy Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not the point, the calculation itself is not valid because Newtonian mechanics cannot be used at relativistic speeds, but still, it would be the least to consider that the speed of Boros' kick is higher than the speed with which Saitama was launched .

Since a weakened Tatsumaki was still able to take down Psykorochi, do you guys think GS is gonna be maybe 6-B or higher?

Since a weakened Tatsumaki was still able to take down Psykorochi, do you guys think GS is gonna be maybe 6-B or higher?
yeah, that was a weakened Tatsumaki, but Tatsumaki right now is a Weakened Weakened Tatsumaki, she will probably start to faint in the next chapter

Now with the downgrade, Boros physicals for his released and Meteoric Burst state are getting downgraded to 6-B. This is due to the fact that he was previously High 6-A because his ship tanked Saitama's moon jump. However this was disproven in this thread due to the fact that the ship does not absorb the full impact of Saitama's moon jump, and that the energy had likely dispersed by then. This was calced by Usklaverei in the main OPM thread to be Low 7-B, which as we know, Boros is much higher than that.
Wouldn't that make Boros's moon kick more impressive then?
Also why is Flashy Flash listed as relativistic when he's straight up stated as faster than light

This is not the point, the calculation itself is not valid because Newtonian mechanics cannot be used at relativistic speeds, but still, it would be the least to consider that the speed of Boros' kick is higher than the speed with which Saitama was launched .
Considering you mentioned Ugarik being involved earlier, does this confirm relativistic/ Sol Boros (in combat speed, at least)?

Why is Boros being scaled to Flashy Flash, again?
As of now its because he shocked Saitama with his speed, which even a max speed Flashy Flash hasn't done. Otherwise its a bit sketchy.

Personally I'm still for the Rel+ rating due to the aura, but if people don't want it due to the previously brought up points I'm also fine with dropping it until we get AG scaling or something along those lines.
The guide books aren't reliable. They are used as propoganda for the hero ascosiation, so they often exaggerate the feats of heroes.
The reason we aren't using the Flashy Flash one for speed isn't because its from the HA (because it would be consistent), but because on contradictory translations we've had before.

Tbh I’m not a fan of scaling anyone based on Saitama’s reactions. He didn’t have any reaction to Blast’s speed, but he smiled during his spar with Genos, so is BoS Genos above Blast now?

It’s like scaling from Saitama’s attacks, but even less concrete (and that’s already sketchy if you consider that Sonic of all people survived Saitama’s Serious Sideways Jumps but Third Form Orochi instantly got obliterated from a normal/serious punch).

Personally I'm still for the Rel+ rating due to the aura, but if people don't want it due to the previously brought up points I'm also fine with dropping it until we get AG scaling or something along those lines.
Why can't Boros be FTL? Usklaverei just said his kick needs to be faster than the speed at which Saitama was launched, which is SOL according to Murata's tweet.
I would discard the aura argument because of what Slacjow said. It seemed reasonable, at least to me.

Tbh I’m not a fan of scaling anyone based on Saitama’s reactions. He didn’t have any reaction to Blast’s speed, but he smiled during his spar with Genos, so is BoS Genos above Blast now?

It’s like scaling from Saitama’s attacks, but even less concrete (and that’s already sketchy if you consider that Sonic of all people survived Saitama’s Serious Sideways Jumps but Third Form Orochi instantly got obliterated from a normal/serious punch).
Yeah, there are different things that should be used for scaling than just Saitama's reaction. His surprise could be that he didn't expect someone to be as fast as they actually are. For instance, you could surprise Usain Bolt and show that you're faster than he thought you were, but surprising him doesn't mean you'd be comparable to him or able to rival him in a footrace.

I agree you can't do that with the latest chapter, but when Flashy Flash attack Saitama for the second time, he was pissed and likely went all out (Maybe he didn't use max speed, but I'm sure he tried even more than against the ninja duo). Still, Saitama wasn't surprised, unlike with Boros.

I agree you can't do that with the latest chapter, but when Flashy Flash attack Saitama for the second time, he was pissed and likely went all out (Maybe he didn't use max speed, but I'm sure he tried even more than against the ninja duo). Still, Saitama wasn't surprised, unlike with Boros.
Okay? That’s still scaling based on his reactions, which I’m not in favor of at all.

Okay? That’s still scaling based on his reactions, which I’m not in favor of at all.
It's a more reliable reaction. I guess we should ask other members, I'm in favour of Boros scaling. He should scale to a possibly Relativistic Geryuganshoop anyway. Not to mention he is FTL with what we established earlier.

It's a more reliable reaction. I guess we should ask other members, I'm in favour of Boros scaling. He should scale to a possibly Relativistic Geryuganshoop anyway. Not to mention he is FTL with what we established earlier.
I don’t mind him Rel+ or whatever, it’s the method of getting him there that I have problems with.

Why can't Boros be FTL? Usklaverei just said his kick needs to be faster than the speed at which Saitama was launched, which is SOL according to Murata's tweet
Murata's tweets/comments are more along "Possibly" ratings rather than strict ones now. What made Boros notable was that his light statement was made in a artbook that ONE help make, meaning its far more set in stone than Murata on his own.

If we were to give Boros a Rel+ rating while trying to remain consistent would be that reasoning though. Boros launched Saitama at near-light speeds with a kick, and Saitama wouldn't be effected by friction because of his aura.

Would it be possible to scale Boros to Tatsumaki based on him doing much more damage to the ship then she did despite Tatsumaki hitting it for what seems like minutes? Even if you bring up that the ship was slightly damaged by Tatsumaki sending the bullets back as far as I know those bullets don't explode and are more like KE weapons. So Tatsumaki could throw them back even harder than the ship fired them doing more damage.

Would it be possible to scale Boros to Tatsumaki based on him doing much more damage to the ship then she did despite Tatsumaki hitting it for what seems like minutes? Even if you bring up that the ship was slightly damaged by Tatsumaki sending the bullets back as far as I know those bullets don't explode and are more like KE weapons. So Tatsumaki could throw them back even harder than the ship fired them doing more damage.
I don't think so. I think she did that casually, iirc, whereas Boros was actually putting effort into his strikes.

I still disagree with using a 2+ year old statement to scale them to each other. And even if AG and Boros do end up being comparable (which I doubt immensely), you still can’t use it as a point in this revision, while AG doesn’t even exist.
Why are y'all talking about AG when I said in the op is not relevant here? That can be discussed in a different CRT.

We agreed on that earlier in the thread

As for the case for scaling Boros to flash based on reactions, while MB Boros is the only opponent to really shock Saitama while attacking him. It doesn't really put him at FTL, considering as of now Saitama is only possibly FTL, and the Saitama blitzed Boros later on. And scaling anything to Saitama is iffy. I'd say instead, this should be "likely far higher"

As for the case for scaling Boros to flash based on reactions, while MB Boros is the only opponent to really shock Saitama while attacking him. It doesn't really put him at FTL, considering as of now Saitama is only possibly FTL, and the Saitama blitzed Boros later on. And scaling anything to Saitama is iffy. I'd say instead, this should be "likely far higher"
Sounds good with me.

I will post here, but I am still waiting for Uragik's response to this.

So, the speed will always depend on the mass, for example, if Boros' leg was 1000kg, the leg's speed would be less than Saitama's. If it had the same weight as Saitama, the speed would be the same, however, Boros' leg is lighter and therefore the speed of the kick would have to be greater than the speed with which he was launched.

The impulse is equal to the variation of the moment of a body (Qf - Qi). Saitama weighs 70kg and was launched at 0.75c.
I = Qf - Qi
I = (0.75c * 70) - (0)
I = 52.5c kg.m / s

Here, momentum is nothing more than the amount of movement that Boros' leg had at the moment of Saitama's impact.

Boros is 2.40 meters long.

Boros is about 1.4251x larger than a normal human, so his weight would be:

• W = 62 * 1.4251³
  • W = 179.4 kg

One leg is 14.5% of the weight of the entire body, so Boros' leg would have:

• W = 0.145 * 179.4
  • W = 26.013 kg

Q = mv
52.5c = 45 * v
45v = 52.5c
  • v = 52.5c / 26.013
  • v = 2.01c

That would have to be Boros' speed for him to kick Saitama to the moon at 0.75c with one leg.
Is this usable? Also wouldn't it be better with 0.9 C?

Looking at the revised Boros profile, I’ve realized an issue.

Released Boros is being scaled above Tatsumaki returning the shells of his ship, and he’s 6-B because of that... but that calc isn’t close enough to 6-B for that. The results of that calc is 3.99 teratons according to the verse page, which is 1.75x away from baseline 6-B, meaning it’s too far away to upscale.

So Released Boros should just be ‘At least Low 6-B+’ while Meteoric Burst can upscale 6-B.

41c14538c5d1f40c918971db507e3909.jpg

Looking at the revised Boros profile, I’ve realized an issue.

Released Boros is being scaled above Tatsumaki returning the shells of his ship, and he’s 6-B because of that... but that calc isn’t close enough to 6-B for that. The results of that calc is 3.99 teratons according to the verse page, which is 1.75x away from baseline 6-B, meaning it’s too far away to upscale.

So Released Boros should just be ‘At least Low 6-B+’ while Meteoric Burst can upscale 6-B.
Ok. So far, I don't think anyone has a problem with the AP right now. All is left is speed

Yeah, just fix that little thing and AP will be good to go.

As for speed, I don’t really have any input on that (as long as he isn’t scaled off of Saitama’s reactions)

I think Boros should be 6-B in his released form because Saitama called him strong while with full power Orochi Saitama called him nothing special. Also Released Boros did much better against Saitama than Orochi did and the databook states that Released Boros put Saitama on the defensive something Orochi definably didn't do.

I thought we all agreed that we shouldn't scale or take anything from saitama?
This. We aren’t scaling off of anything from Saitama, otherwise we get Sonic having better durability than Orochi (Sonic tanked a serious attack while Orochi got obliterated) or BoS Genos being faster than Blast (Saitama smiled while fighting Genos but showed no reaction to Blast blitzing Flashy Flash).

I thought we all agreed that we shouldn't scale or take anything from saitama?
I could see some stuff, but when Saitama calls someone strong and someone else nothing special why would we have a reason to doubt him? As far as I know Saitama's not the sort of person to straight up lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back