• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros and Baldy Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saitama was going easy on Boros when they were fighting, although he seem to at least to put more effort against him after getting launched to the moon. Saitama was complimenting boros because he empathised with him. He didn't with orochi, and he just went straight for the kill.

Last edited:
I thought we all agreed that we shouldn't scale or take anything from saitama?
This was the reason why both he and Garou were only given "possibly higher" ratings rather than a straight speed upgrade.
Saitama was going easy on Boros when they were fighting,
I've been meaning to ask this to anyone. But is there actually any evidence of this? Saitama holds back on literally everyone, that just still is enough to kill them in one shot 95% of the time. From my read throughs there's zero evidence Saitama held back anymore than he usually did, and the anime version of the fight scene explicitly had Saitama use his trump card to counter the CSRC.

This was the reason why both he and Garou were only given "possibly higher" ratings rather than a straight speed upgrade.
I don’t think they should even have that tbh. Scaling anything off of Saitama is very questionable imo.

I've been meaning to ask this to anyone. But is there actually any evidence of this? Saitama holds back on literally everyone, that just still is enough to kill them in one shot 95% of the time. From my read throughs there's zero evidence Saitama held back anymore than he usually did, and the anime version of the fight scene explicitly had Saitama use his trump card to counter the CSRC.
Doesn't boros literally say that their fight wasn't really a fight? And that saitama wasn't trying against him?

Although, out of all the things to come out of saitama, I think that statement where he says boros is the strongest dude that he has ever fought at the time can be considered legit. As it does have some stuff backing it

Last edited:
I think stuff like that should be legit. If Saitama actually makes a statement about something, that can be scaled off of as opposed to his facial expressions.

Just asking, but would you consider boros being stronger than orochi because Saitama never complimented the latter and saw him as a random monster?

I consider Boros slightly stronger than Orochi just off of scaling tbh (Third Form Orochi is gonna end up at ‘At least Low 6-B+’ while MB Boros will be 6-B after this revision). But yeah, that could be another reason.

Nah, just ‘At least Low 6-B+.’ I don’t think there’s enough evidence to say his second form is any different than his first form, AP-wise.

Doesn't boros literally say that their fight wasn't really a fight? And that saitama wasn't trying against him?
That's literally every fight though. Which is my point. The idea that Saitama was holding back more because he sympathized with Boros has zero basis. He outright criticizes him when they first meet because his goal is dumb.
Anime had the serious punch be an outright trump card by Saitama and a move he wasn't holding back on. Which while not valid for the manga, leads more credence to the idea that the intention wasn't that Saitama was sad that Boros had a similar problem as he does.

Something has been bothering me about the whole moon jump. Why don't we just scale MB Boros to the moon jump? Saitama didn't even do that much damage intently he was just trying to get back to earth and there was no indication he was serious. Also right after that Boros took a punch straight to the chest followed by consecutive normal punches so I doubt Saitama went from casually being High 6-A with a jump on accident to around 6-B with his punches against an opponent he was trying to kill.

Something has been bothering me about the whole moon jump. Why don't we just scale MB Boros to the moon jump? Saitama didn't even do that much damage intently he was just trying to get back to earth and there was no indication he was serious. Also right after that Boros took a punch straight to the chest followed by consecutive normal punches so I doubt Saitama went from casually being High 6-A with a jump on accident to around 6-B with his punches against an opponent he was trying to kill.
I think Matthew said something similar in the last revision.

Here is my proposal for MB Boros: Multi Continent level (Stronger than before. Managed to somewhat compete with a casual Saitama right after he did this much damage to the moon unintentionally). This could probably be worded better since I'm not very good at this sort of thing.

Here is my proposal for MB Boros: Multi Continent level (Stronger than before. Managed to somewhat compete with a casual Saitama right after he did this much damage to the moon unintentionally). This could probably be worded better since I'm not very good at this sort of thing.
Has anyone ever calced how much damage the moon kick did to the moon when Saitama landed?

Didn’t we agree on nobody scaling to Saitama already?

Also Boros absolutely did not “somewhat compete” with Saitama. He got his shit rocked and immediately decided to use the CSRC.

Also iirc someone brought a scan of Boros apparently stating he’d been holding back against Saitama before? Here’s the Viz translation of that.
Ok I didn't word that right, but you can't deny that Boros took a punch from Saitama and stayed relatively intact. He only got his shit kicked in right after when Saitama rushed him with CNP. Also about the whole nobody scaling to Saitama thing: If Saitama does something casually like what he did to the moon then goes on to rush and try to kill someone like Boros who takes a punch why wouldn't Boros at least downscale? Unless you want to argue that Saitama decided to hold back a couple hundred times on a punch intended to kill someone when he just caused that much damage to the moon accidentally by jumping.

The punch doesn’t even look like it connected, it looks like Saitama hit him with the air pressure if anything. It also made Boros spit blood, get knocked backwards and he had a hole in his chest.

It’s also quite an assumption to say Saitama used the same force that he did for the moon jump, ngl. And scaling based on something Saitama did “casually” is still scaling to Saitama. Or does Sonic upscale from the moon jump since he survived a serious attack from Saitama? Or does Rover scale because he survived a casual punch? Or does Human Bakuzan upscale because he also survived a punch from a panicked/agitated Saitama? Do you see what I’m getting at here?

The punch doesn’t even look like it connected, it looks like Saitama hit him with the air pressure if anything. It also made Boros spit blood, get knocked backwards and he had a hole in his chest.

It’s also quite an assumption to say Saitama used the same force that he did for the moon jump, ngl. And scaling based on something Saitama did “casually” is still scaling to Saitama. Or does Sonic upscale from the moon jump since he survived a serious attack from Saitama? Or does Rover scale because he survived a casual punch? Or does Human Bakuzan upscale because he also survived a punch from a panicked/agitated Saitama? Do you see what I’m getting at here?
With all those cases no since Saitama holds back a lot more against humans than he does against monsters and in Rover's case he saw him as a dog so he held back and later on he even admitted he held back. With Boros he was clearly holding back a good bit in the beginning, but after Boros launched him to the moon Saitama says "now this looks more like a real fight" right before jumping back. Implying he was holding back way less with MB Boros than anyone else so far or even later since he hasn't said anything like this to anyone else even Orochi.

Even holding back, it was still a “serious” attack that he hit Sonic with. And he was still holding back against Boros, so there’s still problems here.

It’s far more simple and requires a hell of a lot less assumptions to just not scale Saitama to anybody ever, as opposed to saying “he was probably holding back less here than he was here” or something like that. Just let Boros scale to his own feats and not getting a hole punched through him that’s arbitrarily assumed to be stronger than the moon jump (which would only scale to durability regardless and not AP anyways).

Yeah, no one scales to Saitama because Saitama is wildly inconsistent with what he does.
That's literally every fight though. Which is my point. The idea that Saitama was holding back more because he sympathized with Boros has zero basis. He outright criticizes him when they first meet because his goal is dumb.

Anime had the serious punch be an outright trump card by Saitama and a move he wasn't holding back on. Which while not valid for the manga, leads more credence to the idea that the intention wasn't that Saitama was sad that Boros had a similar problem as he does.
I don't recall the anime saying that Saitama wasn't holding back with the serious punch. Boros even stated that Saitama was lying when Saitama told boros when he was a tough opponent.

If Saitama truly saw boros as some monster, he could've just finished of Boris with a stronger punch and be done with it, but yet he didn't.

Last edited:
Even holding back, it was still a “serious” attack that he hit Sonic with. And he was still holding back against Boros, so there’s still problems here.

It’s far more simple and requires a hell of a lot less assumptions to just not scale Saitama to anybody ever, as opposed to saying “he was probably holding back less here than he was here” or something like that. Just let Boros scale to his own feats and not getting a hole punched through him that’s arbitrarily assumed to be stronger than the moon jump (which would only scale to durability regardless and not AP anyways).
How is it "Assumptions" when there're 4 separate statements from Saitama calling Boros strong or the battle between them a real fight. Also the sonic fight is played off as a comedic moment and Saitama didn't even directly hit him. With the punch against Boros its more of a dent and he was fine in the next panel or even after that. Also its a big assumption to say that the damage Saitama did by jumping is hundreds of times stronger than a punch directed at an opponent he was trying to kill and made Saitama admit it was starting to be a real fight.

I don't see how boros was even able to compete with Saitama, considering boros himself states later on that the fight between him and Saitama wasn't even a fight

How is it "Assumptions" when there're 4 separate statements from Saitama calling Boros strong or the battle between them a real fight.
And any of this immediately makes the singular hit (that badly damaged Boros) stronger than the moon jump... how?
With the punch against Boros its more of a dent and he was fine in the next panel or even after that.
Wow, it’s almost like Boros has regeneration or something... Also I wouldn’t classify having a hole punched in you, being sent flying back and bleeding from the mouth as “being fine.”
Also its a big assumption to say that the damage Saitama did by jumping is hundreds of times stronger than a punch directed at an opponent he was trying to kill and made Saitama admit it was starting to be a real fight.
It’s an even bigger assumption to claim the attacks scale to the moon jump when literally nothing implies that beyond “I think they should scale to each other.”

And even if Boros did scale, it would only scale to his durability. But considering that it badly damaged him and he clearly didn’t withstand or tank it, I see no reason why he would scale at all.

Scaling to Saitama isn’t gonna be a thing, and especially not by saying “well this feat was less casual than another” when Saitama’s “casual punches” are not all equal to each other and the amount of damage they do is inconsistent.

Just asking, but why would it not scale to his AP. I thought stuff like this would only be seperate unless contradicted, like black sperm.
Going off of what the Durability page itself says: Logically, characters capable of physically achieving a certain degree of energy output, must be able to at least withstand a comparable amount of damage, or their bodies would break apart from the strain and automatic counterforce, whenever they exert themselves.

Basically durability scales to AP (unless shown otherwise or with specific attacks such as the CSRC in this case), but not vice verse. AP only scales to your dura if you can damage/fight someone capable of harming you.

Alright fine I concede downgrade Boros hopefully he'll just be upgraded again in a year or two because there're are 2 separate statements that say him and AG are equal. Now then good day gentlemen thanks for the debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back