• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach: The Mimihagi speed calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I was snooping around some forums and came across a comment regarding the 20 minute low end timeframe used for the Mimihagi speed calc; which seemed really accurate and should probably be addressed as bleach revisions are coming soon. Here's what it says:

[Start of quote]

"The problem with 20 minutes timeframe is it's just not possible
We have a barrier between the two places that is going to close after 6000 seconds of ichigo arriving to seireitei and nothing can get pass it and it only closed after all the characters left from seireitei to the SP through the portal so if everytime someone or something took 1200 seconds to go to or from the palace we'll have a little delima

-1200 seconds for Yhwach to arrive at the SP

-3600 seconds for urahara to prepare a canon for ichigo

-1200 seconds for auswahlen to go to seireitei

-1200 seconds for auswahlen to come back to the SP

-1200 seconds for mimihagi to arrive at the soul palace

-1200 seconds for mimihagi to get sucked by yhwach

-1200 seconds for the death beam to reach seireitei

-1200 seconds for Yhwach to pull vandenriech towards the SP

The timeframe can't handle the red coloured events so they should reduce it to 5 minutes atleast"

[End of quote]

I have checked back in the chapters to confirm these numbers used and they are correct:

6000 seconds for barrier to close (100minutes)

3600 seconds for Urahara (60 minutes)

Having considered this, a 20 minute timeframe is indeed literally impossible, even for a low end. And let's be honest 20minutes is ridiculous; even for a low end it seems preposterous that short scene happened for an entire 20 minutes. Personally I'd say using the 2.73 minute timeframe in the Vandenreich calc would be a very safe bet, but even a low end of 5 minutes should also be acceptable. Mimihagi's speed should be updated and hence Yhwach; and hence any other characters that scale appropriately.

I am not insulting nor accusing anyone here; all I'm saying here is that the 20 minute time frame is impossible so shouldn't be used even as a low end, and would like some input from some staff or calc team; or anyone actually. Thank you.

Edit: I am aware similar topics have been discussed but I don't think this point was brought up.

Like I said, can anyone really say that Yhwach stood still inside the cables were Yoruichi "trap" him (not really) for 20 minutes talking or looking at each other? Not to mention that they can fight at MHS+ speed.

The first whole invasion where they killed Yamamoto only took 5 minutes. According to the rules of the shadow portal and the comunication from Mayuri's lab. The quincy appeared during timeframes of 5 minutes each time, and it was back it up by Akon.

Mimihagi doesn't necessarily abide by the rules of traveling through that barrier because he is literally a part of the soul king.

It was definitely still open. Yhwach elevates the city through it afterwards. And Yhwach created a portal to go down to Soulsociety and he is the SoulKing. Aizen was going to drag the Soulpalace down to Soulsociety with his reiatsu, etc.

As for the OP I never liked the use of 20 minutes. I was always looking for some way to use that timeframe Yhwach gave but seems I missed this piece of evidence with Urahara, just a few chapters before that.

But in that situation he was already the "Soul King" or at least absorbed him so the barrier would be controlled by him potentially.

You've lost me. When Yhwach (in the final chapters of the manga) opted to travel down to SS he went via a portal instead of just going down by himself.

I'm not sure where you're going with that point, it doesn't matter since we know the barriers between SS and the Soul Palace were still open

They weren't still open. They were likely closed and reopened. After awakening Almighty, Yhwach seems to be able to close and open the portal at will, shown here, where he says he will leave the gate open, implying he has complete control over the opening and closing of the gate post Almighty.

LordAizenSama said:
It was definitely still open. Yhwach elevates the city through it afterwards. And Yhwach created a portal to go down to Soulsociety and he is the SoulKing. Aizen was going to drag the Soulpalace down to Soulsociety with his reiatsu, etc.
As for the OP I never liked the use of 20 minutes. I was always looking for some way to use that timeframe Yhwach gave but seems I missed this piece of evidence with Urahara, just a few chapters before that.
Please correct me if I am wrong, but didn't it take (approximately) 2.73 minutes for him to elevate the city? If so it is much more likely that that happened in the 100minute barrier as well as the mimihagi feat taking a similar-ish time than the barrier still being open after 100 minutes despite it being stated that this is not the case.

It seems everything has gotten confusing for no reason ;\

Yes, you are right. the city had to of been elevated in the same 100 min period as mimihagi traveling to the SoulPalace.

I'll sum up the order of events..

Ichigo arrives back to SoulSociety the end of Chapter 580.

He fights with The Female Sternritter for awhile until Chapter 585

We are notified The SoulPalace and SoulSociety Dimensions are connected for 100 Minutes by Yhwach in Chapter 585 Due to Ichigo's arrival.

Urahara Prepares the Cannon which he says will take 60 minutes or so In Chapter 587. Yhwach also arrives in the SoulPalace at the end of this chapter.

In the Meantime Yhwach Fights all the Royal Guard and defeats Ichibe, kills the SoulKing with Ichigo arriving shortly after in Chapter 611. It's worthwhile noting that Ichigo and Co. had to wait the hour before even beginning the travel up to the SoulPalace, which would be a big chunk of time wasted spent travelling. This already puts the 20 Minutes Mimihagi timeframe into the impossible territory as there is no way the cannon is faster then mimihagi.

Definitively At the very least more then 60 minutes has passed at this point, but it's more then this. The Rift between the Soulpalace and SoulSociety is still open.

Mimihagi then goes up to the soulpalace in chapter 616 in two pages. we know this because the shaking stopped as a result of Mimihagi attaching itself to the SoulKing.

The Rip in the dimensions is still open at this point. Proof would be the mimihagi minions falling dow (after Yhwach absorbed Mimihagi),Aizen mentioning the hole and bringing down the SoulPalace in 622 , and Yhwach elevating the City into the SoulPalace at the end of 626. For the sake of lowballs lets just say the rift closed then.

TL;DR I know since we don't have a definitive timeframe for this feat, but there has to come a point where it's just too absurdly lowballed into the ground. I would go with the 5 Minute timeframe based off the new evidence with Urahara and the cannon.

@Aizen Okay. You can ask some appropriate calc group members to redo the calculation, and then scale accordingly, if you wish.

@Perilouss Please stop spamming the page by quoting large blocks of text. Thank you.

@Antvasima Apologies, I am still fairly new to this forum and not fully accustomed to the standards, this won't happen again.

Well, somebody still has to redo the blog calculation with 5 minutes, so we have something to link to instead.

Would you be willing to do so Alakabamm?

Yes. That would be fine as well. Although then people would have to be ready with upgrading the relevant Bleach character speeds.

Okay. Thank you for the help. Are any other characters scaled to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back