• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Misconception Question

Zanpakutos damage souls. Battles of reiatsu are battles between their souls. If their reiatsu/body is breached they are cutting the soul. There is no reason for this not to be the case and is a argument from incredulity.

Everyone in bleach has godly resistance to soul manip by default that it may be harder for you to identify it.

"If you kill the soul, there is no "Getting Reincarnated" in Soul Society. It skips that process BECAUSE YOU HAVE KILLED THE SOUL IN THIS CYCLE.

It was literally said in no uncertain or vague terms that they can hurt the soul but don't really kill it, and despite looking like that the soul is just sent to the next world. Why are you claiming something that hasn't been said?

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
>False Equivolence. Mid Godly's straight up regenerate on the spot where they are.

No they dont. They regenerate after being reduced to nothing, which is why they are considered mid-godlys to begin with. But this is beside the point. In order to come back, you need to still die first, or else you would still be considered alive. So while its not a true death, it still doesnt mean it isnt death at all when it still is.
You know that's what not what I mean on Mid Godly Kukui, that's a strawman.

Nothing stops you, its just wrong in the case of Urahara's special gigai. See Shinji wielding his mask and Zan against Ichigo while in gigai or Urahara and Tessai doing the same with their Zan and Kido.

You seem to not have realised that Urahara made himself and everyone else who fled the SS in TBTP special gigai to hide them from the Gotei and Aizen in which no less than a three of them have, without a doubt, been shown to use their powers while inside the gigai. If three of them have shown to do so and all of them were made and given gigai that they were supposed to keep on, why on earth would we apply the limitations of normal ones or assume they had left the gigai at any point?

doesn't the fact that rukia could affect ichigo's soul by giving him power at the start of the serie is proof that zanpakuto can affect souls in bodies ?

@TFO

What?

• Not all souls become Shinigami or Rukongai wouldn't be a thing.

• No one and I mean no one said that Shinigami permanently kill Souls only you and Kukui has been saying that people have said this. And your interpretation doesn't make sense by saying that the cycle gets supposedly bypassed.

Also Urahara made Isshin, Rukia, and The Vizord all special Gigais that have all shown to be able to use their abilities be it Kido or their Zanpakutos and work like normal human bodies, Isshin can have kids and Rukia if she had stayed in that Gigai longer would have became a normal teenage girl.

AnonymousBlank said:
Nothing stops you, its just wrong in the case of Urahara's special gigai. See Shinji wielding his mask and Zan against Ichigo while in gigai or Urahara and Tessai doing the same with their Zan and Kido.

You seem to not have realised that Urahara made himself and everyone else who fled the SS in TBTP special gigai to hide them from the Gotei and Aizen in which no less than a three of them have, without a doubt, been shown to use their powers while inside the gigai. If three of them have shown to do so and all of them were made and given gigai that they were supposed to keep on, why on earth would we apply the limitations of normal ones or assume they had left the gigai at any point?
For starters, nobody is even talking about Gigai. Like seriously, where have I denaied Gigai doing as you have said or called it into question?

While we're at it, nothing says they can't leave the gigai either and the reasoning behind Kisuke telling them not to leave it is moot at that part of the series.

Lol Bleach experts ladies and gentlemen. Anyway if you actually read Bleach you'd be aware that every battle is a battle of Souls. Shinigami can very clearly effect the soul within the vessel it's just that they can't destroy them like how Quincy can. They can deal damage to the soul directly and purify them.

That was to Kukui and he most certainly was talking about gigai. Gigai are also relevant to the topoc of harming souls in bodies as they are built to function like actual ones.

I agree, they can leave it. Question is, why bother when it changes nothing? Enjoy answering that.

@Kukui

But unless it's a more likely option, it is indeed worthless to consider.

Why would we assume this? You'd be comparing normal gigai and the special custom made Gigai genius inventor Urahara made for his group and the vizored which have, as before, been explained as being capable of showing off their powers despite working like normal human bodies.

So we are just gonna assume that Rukia didn't use that special glove to punch Ichigo's soul out before? I mean, sure. The Soul Candies make sure the body isn't just laying around and a very quick way to get out of the Gigai, which is another good reason why they are always used.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
>If you actually read Bleach

Famous counter-argument when facing rebuttals.

Judging by your arguments its pretty clear to me that you haven't read the manga or you missed quite a lot of information going by your multiple threads regarding the series which tend to be wrong and downright laughable if I'm honestly. No hard feelings or anything but it does make you seem incredibly bias and not very knowledgeable when it comes to Bleach Kukui.

They can leave a Body without a Soul Candy, it's only harder and far more suspicious to leave a unconscious body lying around (As shown in MoN when Ichigo's body was about to get sent to the Hospital in a Ambulance because he just left it lying around), as Renji and Isshin could do it. Not to mention you essentially just ignored that everyone has said that Urahara's Gigais are special.

The Prince of Counters said:
Judging by your arguments its pretty clear to me that you haven't read the manga or you missed quite a lot of information going by your multiple threads regarding the series which tend to be wrong and downright laughable if I'm honestly. No hard feelings or anything but it does make you seem incredibly bias and not very knowledgeable when it comes to Bleach Kukui.
I am gonna be honest too, this is hardly relevant and far away from being an argument pro or con for the issue, so why does this need to be said? It doesn't, simple as that.

It's hardly relevant unless he's being bullheaded and lacking any actual arguments to give, or being a troll about the whole thing. If he's so obviously biased, argue what he's so wrong about instead of just claiming he's wrong and biased. That's how you cause unnecessary shitstorms, and I doubt that's your aim.

Renji when he visited the world of the living during the Invasion arc. He was literally pushing his way out of the body.

Shinigami far stronger and superior to Renji would be able to do the same. Rukia even had the glove despite never planning to use a gigai during her mission so it can easily be said to be standard equipment with soul candy being an upgrade so the bodies arent being left around.

It wouldn't change the fact that you have no proof of this, you have no proof to disclaim that soul candies are just a far easier process for a lot of reasons, that Ichigo didn't need any soul candy to take over his body due to, again, Rukia's gauntlet from the start of the series, and doesn't even need that later on if you actually read Hst quoting an instance in MoN where Ichigo almost had his body sent to the hospital because it was just laying around.

The burden of proof is on you for claiming something we have no reason to believe when there's perfectly acceptable reasons why it's done like that.

Heavens Feel said:
Zanpakutos damage souls. Battles of reiatsu are battles between their souls. If their reiatsu/body is breached they are cutting the soul. There is no reason for this not to be the case and is a argument from incredulity.

Everyone in bleach has godly resistance to soul manip by default that it may be harder for you to identify it.
You just contradicted yourself here.

If a body is Damaged or Destroyed and Soul is included in this, the Soul Wouldn't go to SS still. If for example Shunsui decided to Kill Ichigo while he slept with his Zanpakuto, Ichigo's Soul Would go to SS (This is the current Mechanism Presented in Bleach). If a Soul is Killed, it gets reincarnated back to Earth (This has also been presented).

So, if you are going with the Logic that Zanpakuto can harm souls even within a body, if you kill said body or person, the soul is killed and thus, doesn't go to SS.

You guys are trying to give these characters abilities they have not shown to have inspite of lack of feats and inspite of logic and mechanics of the verse.

when you cut a hollow into two halfes with a zanpaktu,they don't go to ss?

and i iirc i remember a scan from the databook saying that when souls dies they remain in soul cycle

Show me a single instance of a soul being harmed or killed in a body and said soul returning to SS and I concede. Simple. If you can't, then your arguments are headcanon, nothing more.

Tsukishima, Ginjo and Giriko.

Head canon despite being supported by the canon unlike your own point?

Edit: Hell, can you provide a single instance of your own interpretation within the canon?

Show me a scan of a Shinigami leaving a gigai without a soul candy please.

GigaiMON.gif

Shiro didnt do it because Soul Candies are easier and automatically eject the souls compared to Renji needing to push his way out as he wasnt familiar with doing it.

They are in a rush hence why havong the candy personalities to pilot the bodies in the meantime is important.

>What reason would there be for soul candies being "easier"?

Are you honest to god asking why passed out bodies in the middle of nowhere are an inconvenience? Especially if the Shinigamis are actually mingling between humans or the battle is nearby? You must be joking.

>Rukia needing to use her gauntlet before Kon's existence was included in is also another piece of evidence.

Another point of evidence despite the fact she gets the item after the fact and she has to use it on the completely novice Ichigo who barely just knows how to swing a sword around and then gets the even more convenient Soul Candy? Are we also gonna argue about Kido since Ichigo has never used any?

TheFinalOrder said:
Show me a single instance of a soul being harmed or killed in a body and said soul returning to SS and I concede. Simple. If you can't, then your arguments are headcanon, nothing more.
I literally served Hiyori on a platter for you....you assuming that a Human body somehow shields the soul from a zanpakutou attack is laughably the headcanon here

TheFinalOrder said:
I feel I shold say this again,when souls are "killed" they go into the reincarnation cycle and get reincarnated in the parallel world, The souls don't take a portal or bus.They Reincarnate anew.so if you are looking for missing appendages or limbs, you wont get any.

I'm honestly not sure what you guys are doing, or even arguing. You're ignoring like, the basic fundamentals of Bleach.

Anywho i'll dip out of this thread, nothing will come of it. Have a good day.

He has the soul candy right there, he's used to using it, and it leaves a body that can move instead of just lying around. Why go for the obviously worse option that doesn't save you any time just because?

Literally, a lot of things here are just arguing points that make you go why in the hell would they do that when they have a better option available right there? I am confused.

Hst master said:
Show me a scan of a Shinigami leaving a gigai without a soul candy please.

GigaiMON.gif
Kukui you're still making this argument about Shinigami all needing Soul Candies when there's a clear cut showing of the opposite. They use Soul Candies so that they don't have to waste time hiding a body or just leave it, ala Ichigo.

Its like you ignored the part of familiarity with the action. Care to point out when Shiro would have to remove himself from a gigai prior to that? Candies piloting the bodies keep the military property from getting damaged and causing problems down the line in the mission.

Are you aware of the fact that fights can move and that the Arrancar even went to them, yes leaving bodies unattended is such a brilliant plan. Ikkaku and Yumichika were walking down the street at night, where is the safe place here?

Ichigo becomes experienced in fighting and other related skills, not removing himself from a body. Why leave the bodie when there is no need? Why use a new method to leave your body when you are in a rush? Answer for both being so you wouldn't because it is pointless and dumb. He is very much still a novice at getting out of his body.

Or, I don't know, having a moving body instead of one just laying around useless is objectively better in every way in case of any unexpected circumstances or eventualities? Is this idea so incredibly difficult to process and believe when there's nothing leaning up for your theory more?

My god. Kukui, are you just arguing for the sake of it rn? Because it really seems like it when the questions you keep asking are completely pointless. Why would Shinigami do something that requires more effort, they are unfamiliar with, have a better alternative for when they are on high alert? The Soul Candies protect their bodies and do so far better than leaving it in some high schoolers apartment.

Can we just leave this pointless derail or should a mod be called in to close this?

At this point you are literally being obtuse on the extreme for literally no reason, so that comment about not wanting to spend time in threads like this because of the discussions with the fandom are feeling very ironic.

>Says a non standard gigai is not relevant

>The whole argument is because of Visored gigai

>Ignores they are not standard either

Can you not strawman? Leaving the body on the ground is not what I was referring to if you actually read what I typed. Note how everything I listed in that question pointed to the manual exiting of the gigai, as seen with Renji struggling and even being given out to for not using the candy as its faster. Compare this to literally every other way to exit the body and one can see that doing it yourself is most certainly the worst option to do so.

Did you just edit out where you said "Show me a scan of a Shinigami leaving a Gigai without a Soul Candy please" when you quoted me? Not to mention you essentially just shown that you can recognize "Unique" gigais but insist that the Vizord and Isshin, who also have "Unique" Gigais can only use their abilities outside of a Gigai? That's contradictive and defeats the whole point of what you're attempting to say. Not to mention it being able to become leaves =/= it being the sole one that can be left without a soul candy.

Not to mention that you're initial argument before this one was "their souls are bound to the gigai" something that is ironically specific to Isshins, implying that this is Headcanon on your part.

Back