• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

BlazBlue: Black Beast Upgrade or Downgrade for everyone else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I was watching the story of CF when I saw that not even Terumi in the Susano'o is even on par with the Black Beast. And Susano'o is considered stronger than Azrael by Ragna. So either the Black Beast needs an upgrade or the rest of BlazBlue needs to downgrade. Because Terumi said he would need at least two worlds fearing him for him to surpass as seen here at 13:12 The exact number is unknown as he merely stated "worlds". But regardless, he would need a buff of lots of fear before he surpasses the Black Beast, meaning now, he's weaker than it.

I wouldn like to see the Black Beast (and those scale to it) threaten to destroy a large planet, or more as a justification for the 5-A rating that he has at the moment.

Is there a calc supporting the 5-A rating? If not, we are going to have to downgrade him based on what Kokonoe's (ThePerpetual) Astral Heat yielded, which was around Small Planet level or something.

Lina Shields said:
I wouldn like to see the Black Beast (and those scale to it) threaten to destroy a large planet, or more as a justification for the 5-A rating that he has at the moment.
Is there a calc supporting the 5-A rating? If not, we are going to have to downgrade him based on what Kokonoe's (ThePerpetual) Astral Heat yielded, which was around Small Planet level or something.
Unfortunately, I'm not sure how it has that rating and I don't know where to go to find it. Beerus, Zelda or Brunout should have a scan.

So we are okay with considering Astral Heat as canon? Not sure how I should go about this considering that the Black Beast was only a Planetary level threat...

Pretty sure the main storyline where the Black Beast was held to be a planetary threat > Astral heat in terms of canon, considering that the power of Astral heat tend to vary all over the place.

If everyone including Makoto was at Large Planet level, why was the Black Beast such a massive threat again?

I'm not sure if what I'm saying is true, but didn't a fragment of the Black Beast fight take:mikazuchi, which is significantly weaker than the original?

Well, Izanami said that, just as the requiem explosion, she could create an energy capable of atomizing everything in a radius from the planet to the moon.

Astrals are canon 'cause Terumi used his own against Ragna's one in the last cutscene...

Also, the black beast wasn't such a big threat because of the destructive power, but because it was almost invencible and unstoppable. It was basically immortal, cause it was a complete black beast: In order to kill the body, you need to kill the heart inside it.

That's why it was such a pain to defeat.

Yeah, the Black Beast is difficult to kill, not even Hakumen who cab kill immortals could kill the Black Beast though what I dont get is why the Black Beast is equal to Jin. I mean in incomplete form BB killed Jin from colleteral damage alone, not even directly attacking him. Also if the reason that Susanoo is no match for BB due to its immortality, (which is kind of true) than it wouldnt make any sense why being feared would allow him to beat BB as you claim since being feared only increases his raw power, not allowing him to kill a complete Black Beast. Heck, he was clearly panicking when he saw Ragna driving the Azure Grimmore out of control on purpose and lost against Ragna before he became Black Beast. I believe that BB was a threat for both reasons, being hard to kill and being the most powerful fighter in Blazblue.

Brunout said:
Well, Izanami said that, just as the requiem explosion, she could create an energy capable of atomizing everything in a radius from the planet to the moon.
Do you know which scene Izanami states this in? We may have a solid proof for the Large Planet level stats we have now if you could find this scene.

It can be added onto Izanami's profile as proof of her AP. Now, depending on the main storyline, would Izanami be in a league of her own, or does she scale to everyone else? This needs to be asked because

• Characters comparable to each other in-game =/= comparable in the main storyline (Ex: Ryu and Dan Hibiki can beat Akuma in-game, but in the main plot, Akuma is still vastly stronger due to lore, etc)

here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf4YvBy2Ozc&t=4869s

55:47 and foward:

"The explosion energy should be 10 to the power of 31 joules. Centered here, it will atomize everything in a 400.000 kilometers radius. Even I would have difficulty creating such energy"

"Seithr will cause the quantum collapse of all matter in a radius engulfing the planet and even the moon... To put it simply, everything will vanish without a trace"

Izanami is stronger than almost everything else, aside from:

Jubei at his peak, Hakumen at 100%, the Black Beast, Ragna with BlazBlue activated, Nu-13 (with take-mikazuchi absorbed), Susano'o and Jin (fought Susano'o as an equal even with his body at it's limit. Izanami stated that she and Susano'o are in equal grounds)

So, what now? Is everyone going to be downgraded or is Black Beast going to be upgraded? From the cutscene I read Terumi saying he will 'surpass' the Black Beast but he didnt say anything about having the ability to kill it. Wouldnt this mean that Susanoo would only be stronger than BB after a huge boost but still would not have the ability to kill it?

So, here's the screenshot with the 1e31 Joules. Note that she says said explosion will atomize everything within a 400,000 km radius, but not necessarily from the Earth to the Moon (which is 384,400 km away)

Izanami Statement 1
  • 1e31 = 2.39 zettatons TNT
That is Small Planet level. Considering that Izanami says she is going to have difficulties creating such energy, this value is not the absolute minimum for most of the Blazblue characters, but rather the cap. Large Planet level is unjustified in this case.

But Kokonoe explained that it would engulf the entire planet, making it disappear without a trace. Isn't it planet level instead of small planet level?

If there are multiple feats about the 1e31 Joules statement, shouldn't we toss the statement up to an inconsistency? Heck, atomizing everything in a 400,000 km radius yields drastically higher results than 1e31 Joules.

well, the english sub in this game has some errors

Like Susano'o, in the sub he says "I am strength. I am valor. I am whole! With divine blade in hand shall I sever the threads of evil from this world!"

While in the original dub he says "I am strength, I am power, I am everything! My very being is the sword of the god that will destroy all! "

This 1e31 joules statement could be another error in the sub, idk.

It would be preferable if we considered the value of what was shown on screen instead of making up own values.

In this case, the amount of energy stated on that screen should take priority over what destructive effects would potentially happen due to said explosion.

An explosion that is 400,000 km in radius already reaches the zettatons range anyways according to the nukemap.

Anyways, said value above is almost enough to atomize the entirety of Earth.

http://imgur.com/a/Z6HiC

"engulfing the planet AND even the moon"

Kokonoe said that not only the planet, but even the moon would disappear without a trace.

And she said that the result of her calculation was the same as Izanami's one.

Quantum collapse? lmao

This is now atomization, or atomic annihilation for this one. Let's do two ends for this one then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back