• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Blatant Pokémon upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Niarobi (Formerly Hadou) said:
She actually has different random conversations in every version of the game, this conversation doesn't exist in the Japanese version.
What have you done.

I don't think that means it can't be applied. Do keep in-mind that there is only one version of the game. You merely pick which language you want to play it in when you go into it. The English dialog is literally in the Japanese version of the game.
We consider the japanese statments and translations to be the source (We consider them to hold more sway/relevance at the very least), a random thought spouted off in english that doesn't exist in the japanese version of the game is....Less then ideal and definitly can't be used as cannon.

Theuser789 said:
She actually has different random conversations in every version of the game, this conversation doesn't exist in the Japanese version.
Oh No
Oh, if it doesn't exists in the Japanese text then we should not used this text for upgrade; Dragon Ball have similar texts for infinite universes/worlds that were proven to not happen in the Japanese texts so were rejected; hence, this case should be rejected

It's still

only a localization.

Which is not canon to the original text

Plenty of games nowadays have a language setting, this doesn't make the localizations canon.

Well that's a big rip

Cal really just can't have nice things, a pretty clear statement's given and then whoops not allowed because japan

How was I supposed to know about Japanese specifics? I was shown the scan and made this thread.

> Dragon Ball's English text downplays the verse

> Pokemon's give it a little nudge

> Dragon Ball's Japanese puts it higher

> Pokemon's Japanese infinite universes is.... yeah.

Tbh it would've been redundant anyway since a revision for low 1-C original spirit is planned after the forum move also despite the composite nature of the Pokémon franchise using an optional statement from a mobile gacha game that changes depending on regional version of it...

As evidence for a 2-A upgrade is 'dubious' to say the very least.

The real cal howard said:
How was I supposed to know about Japanese specifics? I was shown the scan and made this thread.
That's the point, you are one of the most knowledgable nintendo members on the wiki so it's pretty odd you didn't know about this or didn't check

Like I said, the English text is in the Japanese version of the game. How can it be only a localisation if the version of the game you get in Japan has the same dialog? It's not like it's a mistranslation or anything.

Could you show the Japanese versions of her conversations to verify this? Not that I don't believe you, but is there a source for the Japanese texts in general?

The Axiom of Virgo said:
Tbh it would've been redundant anyway since a revision for low 1-C original spirit is planned after the forum move also despite the composite nature of the Pokémon franchise using an optional statement from a mobile gacha game that changes depending on regional version of it...

As evidence for a 2-A upgrade is 'dubious' to say the very least.
It's not. Kep gave up on that and said that he misinterpreted the info.

We don't know if it's actually in there or not. We should preferably actually get the Japanese text before irrationally claiming such things.

I'm pretty sure this version should be in the Japanese version. You can switch between the dialogue of Japanese and English in the games, meaning the interaction would still carry out for you. Whether or not the text is different in the Japanese version is something we should actually extract before saying such a big claim.

Also, there is alternatively more 2-A reasoning. If this thread falls through, I'll re-add the other 2-A stuff back to the planned revisions after the forum move.

Currently unimportant. We're currently figuring out if these quote even exists in JP.

At the very least I got my gift card...

Thanks Cal for the link.

Yeah, the japanese raws does not say infinite universes:

In lsd_dl (2).txt from Cal's link

[ch0129_00_higana/0603_0702_03_10] We can get lost in our thoughts on infinite
universes and galaxies far away.
[ch0129_00_higana/0603_0702_03_10] Òü»ÒéïÒüïÚüáÒüÅ…… Õ«çÕ«ÖÒü©Òü«\nµÇØÒüäÒéÆ ÒüñÒü«ÒéëÒüøÒü¬ÒüîÒéë Òüò

Yeah, I think no upgrade should happened.

Hey! Heads up, the \n line in coding means new line, So if you're gonig to translate the phrase you have to translate Òü»ÒéïÒüïÚüáÒüÅ…… Õ«çÕ«ÖÒü©Òü« and µÇØÒüäÒéÆ ÒüñÒü«ÒéëÒüøÒü¬ÒüîÒéë Òüò as seperate lines

Iamunanimousinthat said:
Hey! Heads up, the \n line in coding means new line, So if you're gonig to translate the phrase you have to translate Òü»ÒéïÒüïÚüáÒüÅ…… Õ«çÕ«ÖÒü©Òü« and µÇØÒüäÒéÆ ÒüñÒü«ÒéëÒüøÒü¬ÒüîÒéë Òüò as seperate lines
Ok, thanks, I got it. the text still doesn't say infinite universes.

This is both hilarious and depressing. Like there is something not letting Pokémon become 2-A. Would had liked to see DBH and Pokémon become 2-A around the same time but o well maybe another time.

We should probably close this, yeah.

I have another reason for 2-A stuff I discussed with Cal, though he went for a different route with Masters dialogue instead of my proposition. I plan on making a thread for that after the forum move happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back