• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Star's Objective Superior Gets Downgraded One Piece Style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep malding bozos 🤡

After reading through our currently ass Soul Eater profiles i came across Death the Kid's profile and found something interesting, he (and alongside Death, Kishin Asura and Great Old One of Power) all share the same resistance to Existence Erasure. The reasoning for said resistance is the following.

"Can handle being in the Tempest magnetic field, which would cause normal humans to fade away after 20 minutes"

Now i'm fine with the interpretation of Existence Erasure given the evidence, but there're also other valid interpretations which personally disallows the existence of a concrete rating imo, especially when the resistance itself isn't based around an actual feat, but rather a probability claim proposed by Death the Kid. I'll now explain why i don't agree with a concrete rating.

But first some context.

It's stated that the magnetic field is a massive field of magnetic energy (shocker 🤓) that's composed of demonic energy, existing within this field for over 20 minutes causes permanent damage to be done against the affected target.

Now the level of "permanent damage" done is contentious at best, it's stated multiple times that it either disintegrates you, or dematerializes you, these different interpretations innately contradict each other since dematerialization denotes the action of "becoming free of physical substance". Disintegration wouldn't, of course, remove you of physical substance, it would just make said physical substance smaller. Even without the other pieces of evidence i'm going to provide shortly this should be knocked down to a "likely" rating given these conflicting statements.

But the nail in the coffin for a concrete rating is Death the Kid's own statements, he doesn't make a statement of fact, but rather, brings up the possibility that given his Shinigami body, he could possibly exist within the magnetic field for over 20 minutes without enduring its harmful effects. Using the word "should" in both scans, while "should" implies an above average level of certainty, it isn't a statement of concrete fact. It's just a probability claim, which can only retain a "possibly" or "likely" rating on wiki because of the lack of actual, concrete evidence.

With everything explained above, it hopefully shouldn't be contentious that the concrete rating goes, and is instead replaced with a "likely" or "possibly" prefix, i'm personally fine with either tbh. Also the actual explanation provided for his Existence Erasure should be changed because it's currently dookie butter, i'll do a write up for it tomorrow.

Agree -

Disagree -

Neutral -

Last edited:
I'm fine with reducing the rating down to likely or possibly. If I'm remembering right, I believe the context surrounding the way you get EE is that staying too long in the magnetic field turns you into part of the magnetic field's memory. (Hence why they become blurred like all the other memory figures in the field.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back