• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The fact that Jabari wood can be carved out without any super powerful tool (Because the tribe by the statement admission is full on anti-vibranium) also puts into question its strength.

I rewatched T’Chala vs M’Baku. Idk if the Face Mask was the specially treated “Jabari Wood” as well, but T’Chala does crack it with an elbow strike. As far as his spear goes, I count at least twice that T’Chala wacked it away with his Vibranium Short Spear.

I’m going to rewatch the ending fight when Jabari entered the fight with the Border Tribe just to see if any other direct feats exist.

Eh the statement was from mbaku’s actor anyway so it’s not that big of a deal. Namor still had statements of being on par with hulk and Thor from WoG

“[There’s] no equal in terms of his capabilities, being able to breathe underwater and breathe at high altitudes and walk around on land," Coogler explained. "He’s incredibly strong, he’s as strong as Thor, and if he’s around enough water he can be as strong as the Hulk.”

https://www.syfy.com/ryan-coogler-namor-strong-hulk-thor

Eh the statement was from mbaku’s actor anyway so it’s not that big of a deal. Namor still had statements of being on par with hulk and Thor from WoG

“[There’s] no equal in terms of his capabilities, being able to breathe underwater and breathe at high altitudes and walk around on land," Coogler explained. "He’s incredibly strong, he’s as strong as Thor, and if he’s around enough water he can be as strong as the Hulk.”

Considering the fact that he brought up Hulk makes it sketchy for Namor to scale to L&T Thor when Hulk hasn't shown any feats to be comparable to L&T Thor yet

A statement by someone with no creative control over Thor and implying Hulk > Thor, when the movies show Pre-Awakening Thor being comparable to Hulk and Post-Awakening Thor as more powerful

I disagree with using Ryan Coogler's statement. I'm okay with using M'Baku's

Last edited:
Considering the fact that he brought up Hulk makes it sketchy for Namor to scale to L&T Thor when Hulk hasn't shown any feats to be comparable to L&T Thor yet
Who says we need to use L&T Thor? Going off of mbaku’s stament we could probably place him around IW or endgame thor or hulk considering mbaku hasn’t seen current thor
A statement by someone with no creative control over Thor and implying Hulk > Thor, when the movies show Base Thor being comparable to Hulk and Post-Awakening Thor is more powerful

Not really, in ragnarok hulk was holding back agianst Thor and rocked his shit when he grabbed his hammer, and while he did surpass him after he awakened. In infinity war loki thought hulk could take on thanos despite him seeing him body thor.

Eh, that’s fine

A statement by someone with no creative control over Thor and implying Hulk > Thor, when the movies show Base Thor being comparable to Hulk and Post-Awakening Thor is more powerful

Coogler is co-writer, thus his statement is equally as valid. Although only in regards to the BP section of Marvel. Given as Base Thor has shown to be comparable to Hulk (And an Argument can be made that “maybe” Hulk Edges out Base Thor slightly as of Ragnarok (Not L&T)),we can say that Water Amped doesn’t give him a “huge” boost. The “Hulk” part of Coogler’s statement can be disregarded as “opinion” as it comes off more as Coogler believes Hulk is stronger than Thor, but Thor as a baseline is certainly valid imo.

Edit: If anything, if Coogler Believes Hulk is stronger than Thor, this would imply Ragnarok Version and not L&T because there is no “there”, there.

Proof?

Because angrier = stronger. Hulk was more pissed off with Thor at that point in the fight

We don't know whether Loki saw Thanos beat Thor or not

8717760-c66aac00-220f-4750-b2e9-f0bb4a04d821.jpeg

ya and he still scales above him for that

Loki say thanos drag Thor’s limp body around like it’s nothing. I think he can put two and two together

8717760-c66aac00-220f-4750-b2e9-f0bb4a04d821.jpeg

ya and he still scales above him for that

Loki say thanos drag Thor’s limp body around like it’s nothing. I think he can put two and two together
"but he also doesn't want Thor to ruin things for him"

Thor also wouldn't want to kill Hulk, just knock Banner out of him. And Hulk can't hold back his durability, and Thor could still harm Hulk

Yes, but only with rage. That's literally part of his current tiering

Loki saw Thanos standing next to Thor's body and then pick it up. Nothing suggests he saw the actual fight. And nothing explicitly suggests he thinks Hulk can beat Thanos either. He just says "We have a Hulk" and lets Hulk fight Thanos while he helps Thor

Last edited:
"but he also doesn't want Thor to ruin things for him".

Thor also wouldn't want to kill Hulk, just knock Banner out of him. And Hulk can't hold back his durability, and Thor could still harm Hulk

Yes, but only with rage. That's literally part of his current tiering

Loki saw Thanos standing next to Thor's body and then pick it up. Nothing suggests he saw the actual fight. And nothing explicitly suggests that he thinks Hulk can beat Thanos either
Ya ko him, actually he can seeing as his stats are dependent on his rage

Ya so this point of discussion shouldn’t matter

in the opening scene his in the middle of what’s left of the Asgardian slaughter, I don’t see why he wouldn’t have seen the fight. And even then his already encountered thanos before so I don’t see why he wouldn’t have an idea of his capabilities. Considering how he talks about him as if his there big gun, I’d say other wise

(2:35)

Random observation: It's rather odd how many statements from different directors suggest that Hulk is still as strong as or stronger than Thor post-Ragnarok, despite the movies themselves not really supporting that. I think Coogler's statement is the third such instance at this point.

seeing as his stats are dependent on his rage
And he was getting more and more pissed off during the fight. Yet Thor could still fight and harm Hulk
in the opening scene his in the middle of what’s left of the Asgardian slaughter, I don’t see why he wouldn’t have seen the fight
Because we don't know where Loki was DURING the fight. He could've been hiding somewhere else in the ship and then come out there after the fight.
And even then his already encountered thanos before so I don’t see why he wouldn’t have an idea of his capabilities.
While Thanos was chilling on his chair looking into space? Suuuuuure
Considering how he talks about him as if his there big gun, I’d say other wise
All he says is that "We have a Hulk" and proceeds to save Thor from Thanos' grip while he was distracted

Last edited:
And he was getting more and more pissed off during the fight. Yet Thor could still fight and harm Hulk

Because we don't know where Loki was DURING the fight. He could've been hiding somewhere else in the ship and then come out there after the fight.

All he says is that "We have a Hulk" and proceeds to save Thor from Thanos' grip while he was distracted and busy with Hulk

All he says is that "We have a Hulk" and proceeds to save Thor from Thanos' grip while he was distracted and busy with Hulk
He seemed to be the same lvls of pissed tbh. That doesn’t really mean much tbh, just because Thor can hurt hulk with a giant war hammer doesn’t null that hulk would be stronger then him.

Why would he hide during the entire fight then come out to get his cheeks clapped?

Ya cuz I’m sure the arrogant mischief god would just listen to a dude in a chair

ya because maybe hulk is more relevant then Thor agianst thanos.

Thor can hurt hulk with a giant war hammer
And his punches
main-qimg-722b1f44e3cc29ac7e6071fdeef490a4

Why would he hide during the entire fight then come out to get his cheeks clapped?
Because he doesn't want to get involved in the fighting and come out when things have mostly calmed down
ya because maybe hulk is more relevant then Thor agianst thanos.
With Thor being the broken bleeding mess that he was at that point, sure

I watched the movie again last night. Going purely by onscreen feats:

Namor definitely busted apart huge chunks of vibranium from those vibranium ships with brute force by swinging his vibranium staff that lacks sonic power.

---

---

---

Vibranium did not visibly fly apart onscreen in Sokovia after Thor's gigantic megatons Mjolnir strike. At best Thor cracked the vibranium spire, but even that is not visible onscreen. Only Thanos, who at the time was much stronger than Thor, also completely destroyed vibranium onscreen in Cap's shield with brute force by using his double blade.

T'Challa is not shown busting vibranium from vibranium ships with brute force in BP 1. He is stated and shown using a vibranium sonic hand cannon. When Everrett Ross shoots down the ships in BP 1 he also does so with sonic blasts, which Grio states in the moment and as evidenced by the same blue energy from the ships. Shuri tells Everett before the fighting that she developed sonics to destabilize vibranium.

So going solely by onscreen feats, Namor's vibranium feats are top-tier MCU strength.

Namor definitely busted apart huge chunks of vibranium from those vibranium ships with brute force by swinging his vibranium staff that lacks sonic power.
Already talked about this earlier. It's not a Tier 6 feat
Pretty sure Wakandan vehicles aren't purely vibranium or are using weaker versions of it. Cap's shield, Vision and the Panther Habit claws are a different story.
Nah, no way in hell the ships fly. They're not pure vibranium to start off with.
Other than the fact that powerful enough blows can knock out vibranium ships out of skies? And that they more so use its technological abilities more so than brute force like we usually see in their spears?

I rewatched Black Panther 1 and we do actually see Jabari wood match the Border Tribes Vibranium Swords in the background fights, although you have to labor to find it 😅. That said, Jabari wood is also implied to have pierced Vibranium Fabric.

Okoye is definitely getting stat boost.

And M’bakunis definitely getting a durability feat for taking that bloodlusted punch from Namor.

in the of the team, the dora were blocking and dodging bullets at close range, and while standing still/minimal movement.

He should scale durability wise. Namor was striking to kill.

and it broke all the way through his Jabari wood armor, which has durability feats against vibranium weapons.
Then it would only scale to his armor, not him physically. Although there was doubts in this thread about the Jabari wood being actually scaled to vibranium. But either way, the guy was practically one-shotted by him

Back